Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rented Rooms for the Tavern  (Read 8037 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Rented Rooms for the Tavern
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 12:10:39 am »

You can remove bits, but not add bits, just like with stockpiles.

What I sometimes do is make a temple zone, erasing bits so that it covers about 25-30% of floorspace, then lay a full tavern zone on top of that, then lay another temple zone on top of that, using the same temple as first. This way both tavern and temple performances will be used (with dances moving them around), without dwarves needing to leave the zone to check whether they need to pray or vice-versa.

It's also useful for, say, pond designations for ice-casting a shape, or split hospital.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 03:36:39 am »

As Fleeting Frames said, you can erase parts of zones, leaving the rest. You CAN add bits to taverns by painting new zones and associate those to the same tavern location. They would be different zones, so I would guess DF won't calculate a dance floor size by stitching them together, though. If you want to merge them, it's probably better to erase the original zone, make a new one, and cut away the pieces you don't want (although that doesn't work too well with zones overlapping),

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 03:43:55 am »

As Fleeting Frames said, you can erase parts of zones, leaving the rest. You CAN add bits to taverns by painting new zones and associate those to the same tavern location. They would be different zones, so I would guess DF won't calculate a dance floor size by stitching them together, though. If you want to merge them, it's probably better to erase the original zone, make a new one, and cut away the pieces you don't want (although that doesn't work too well with zones overlapping),
I make large complex taverns by adding zones over time. Works just fine.
The description seems to just pick the biggest dance area and state that, but dorfs don't care and will dance in any of the spaces you provide.
Pages: 1 2 [3]