Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to become Overpowered: A Guide  (Read 6986 times)

jojohunter145

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Mayors stipping naked and punching children
    • View Profile
How to become Overpowered: A Guide
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »

This is my first time on the DF Forums. But in the long time I've been playing, I've discovered some "interesting" things in adventure mode. This guide is useful when it comes down to it. I've made several OP characters with this guide. The uses for this guide include (but not limited to) killing that one Megabeast that wont leave your fortress alone, getting salty about being killed by boogymen, getting pissed that some goblin civilization master wiped out your entire squad, and just screwing around. Here are the steps to get you started:

1.) Create a world in "Advanced Perimeters", remove boogymen and lycanthrophes, make sure it also has a human town so that a church may spawn, a large population, a nercomancer tower (optional), and some megabeasts.

2.) Create your character as a human, due to the fact they spawn close to towns.

3.) Choose the Demigod background, and pick the following attributes; Superior Strength, High Agility, High Toughness, High Recuperation, Above Average Focus, and Above Average Willpower. For skills pick the following; Adept in any weapon (preferably melee), Proficient Shield User, Proficient Dodger, and Proficient Armor User (or Skilled Armor User if you have a Necromancer tower in which you put your last points into reading).

4.) Pick any kind of personality, and spawn in the town.

5.) Once youve spawned, fast travel to the church. Then knock over statues until you get cursed with vamparism.

6.) Kill some villagers (not the warriors you're not that good yet)

7.) Rack up about 50 kills, then kill some warriors and take their armor/weapons

8.) Ask someone to join you on your adventures (They aren't your compainion, they're a packed lunch that you can strangle and succ by grabbing their "throat")

9.) If you have a necromancer tower in your world go to it, dont attack the zombies. Becuase youre undead, the zombies will not attack you. Feel free to murder the necromancers though. Then take their demon book and learn to make zombos then leave.

10.) Your stats are now almost broken. With the bonus of your vamparism which doubles your stats, and if you became a necromancer, another double. Your stats are now quadrupled. Then find a dwarven fortress or a place with LOTS of villagers, then kill about 300 or more. Then go slay a megabeast or two

This might take you a couple of tries, but in the end its worth it. It think after posting this they might patch it, oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts! Thank you for your time!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:39:58 pm by jojohunter145 »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to become Overpowered: A Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 07:26:46 pm »

It think after posting this they might patch it, oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts! Thank you for your time!
Not likely since this has all been known to be possible for years. Pretty sure you could do this in 0.34, though I think you had to track down a vampire and drink it's blood - so it's actually gotten easier.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

MaGicBush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 11:42:07 pm »

Hrm I may try this. I have never played adventure mode honestly really. I did try it once, but I died quickly and had no idea what to do since your just kinda thrown in the wild. I did play at a very early version though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:44:07 pm by MaGicBush »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:21:34 am »

a shorter list to becoming overpowered : scroll down to the other animal folks option, Play an Elephant-Person if you want to punch folks and crush skulls, or play an spider-folk if you want to deal with bogeyman vanilla wise with out editing world perimeters
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:33:54 am »

Alternatively, you can just hack your stats with DFhack and spawn candy armor and gear, and savescum every time you tank a hit. And then gg you have won the game. Who ever said DF was hard.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:54:52 am »

Alternatively, you can just hack your stats with DFhack and spawn candy armor and gear, and savescum every time you tank a hit. And then gg you have won the game. Who ever said DF was hard.
I usually do it when cleansing a world.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:31 am »

Ah ! Noob! I totally delete my save and empty my trash folder. It's much, much quicker and DF has nothing on me.

Take that, magical world !

Edit : I once presented GH2 to a friend. Took him 10 minutes to figure out that the saves were easily editable text files. I believe he kept the game for...two days? Steamrolled everything, never went deeper. Sometimes i believe players should be protected from themselves
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:26:23 am by Cathar »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 07:49:40 am »

Ah ! Noob! I totally delete my save and empty my trash folder. It's much, much quicker and DF has nothing on me.

Take that, magical world !

Edit : I once presented GH2 to a friend. Took him 10 minutes to figure out that the saves were easily editable text files. I believe he kept the game for...two days? Steamrolled everything, never went deeper. Sometimes i believe players should be protected from themselves
It's more satisfying to do it yourself. Plus, that nifty killcount of thousands.

If players want to cheat, just let them. It's their game, it's in their rights to do whatever they want.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 07:53:53 am »

No ! People should have fun the way I decided they should !

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »

No ! People should have fun the way I decided they should !
Obvious troll
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 06:43:08 am »

this is somewhat actually the "normal" way in a "casual" play through to climb up the food chain other than being off a few marks, especially at the part where you say necromancers quadruple your strength. you can become legendary without killing any histfigs or edit any world gen settings and theres much more to it than just physical attributes but alright

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »

Aw shucks! I just realized the above average focus makes my dwarf learn swimming like three times as fast. About time I found out. That goes for every single skill, huh?

LaChouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 02:04:22 pm »

You can kill warriors (although with some difficulty) on a Hero startup. If as a Vampire Demigod, you're not good enough to kill warriors right from the start, there's an issue.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 08:26:30 pm »

This is my first time on the DF Forums. But in the long time I've been playing, I've discovered some "interesting" things in adventure mode. This guide is useful when it comes down to it. I've made several OP characters with this guide. The uses for this guide include (but not limited to) killing that one Megabeast that wont leave your fortress alone, getting salty about being killed by boogymen, getting pissed that some goblin civilization master wiped out your entire squad, and just screwing around. Here are the steps to get you started:

1.) Create a world in "Advanced Perimeters", remove boogymen and lycanthrophes, make sure it also has a human town so that a church may spawn, a large population, a nercomancer tower (optional), and some megabeasts.

2.) Create your character as a human, due to the fact they spawn close to towns.

3.) Choose the Demigod background, and pick the following attributes; Superior Strength, High Agility, High Toughness, High Recuperation, Above Average Focus, and Above Average Willpower. For skills pick the following; Adept in any weapon (preferably melee), Proficient Shield User, Proficient Dodger, and Proficient Armor User (or Skilled Armor User if you have a Necromancer tower in which you put your last points into reading).

4.) Pick any kind of personality, and spawn in the town.

5.) Once youve spawned, fast travel to the church. Then knock over statues until you get cursed with vamparism.

7.) Rack up about 50 kills, then kill some warriors and take their armor/weapons

8.) Ask someone to join you on your adventures (They aren't your compainion, they're a packed lunch that you can strangle and succ by grabbing their "throat")

9.) If you have a necromancer tower in your world go to it, dont attack the zombies. Becuase youre undead, the zombies will not attack you. Feel free to murder the necromancers though. Then take their demon book and learn to make zombos then leave.

10.) Your stats are now almost broken. With the bonus of your vamparism which doubles your stats, and if you became a necromancer, another double. Your stats are now quadrupled. Then find a dwarven fortress or a place with LOTS of villagers, then kill about 300 or more. Then go slay a megabeast or two

This might take you a couple of tries, but in the end its worth it. It think after posting this they might patch it, oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts! Thank you for your time!

Not a new discovery by any means, also you missed a step after becoming a vampire then a necromancer you should also become a mist zombie. Zombie mist can be found in evil biomes. After that you will essentially be an unkillable death knight.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:28:38 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: [1] 2