Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What Will Your First Adventuring Party Look Like?  (Read 9838 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Will Your First Adventuring Party Look Like?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 12:02:11 am »

I want to see how far I can push the villain system. Starting with just me, a couple of drunks, an elephant-man heavy and extensive knowledge of all the worlds networks (if that data is exportable), we'll plot the downfall of civilization one step at a time from our secret underground hut.

Oh, will need some crocodiles and a white cat to complete the party.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:05:23 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 12:41:15 am »

So basically a medieval mafia? That's actually a good idea. Taking the usual murderhobo approach to dealing with the new villains and their networks is probably going to lead to a lot of collateral damage and more flying spit than a Ugandan Knuckles meme. Fighting fire with fire might be more effective in the long run, and will probably be more interesting than just killing everything that moves.
I'm pretty sure the ability to (attempt to) extort sites by forcing them to offer tribute already works in adventure mode, so there's definitely work to do of an illicit nature. Now we just need law-givers and nobles to gain the ability to outlaw things such as weapons for civilians or the consumption of alcohol, and there's the arms dealing and bootlegging business for you right there.

If mercenaries ever gain adventure mode utility, running a warband of fighting men would probably be fun too. Granted, butter doesn't exist yet, so there's no real incentive, but a horde of soldiers-of-fortune at your back is always a great stepping stone into the world of medieval politics.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 12:43:49 am »

One kobold and as many cats as the starting points will buy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 01:48:17 pm »

Will we ever be able to train cats for war in the future? And give them little armors and swords adapted to their paws?
If yes I will do a party made exclusively of this.

Also I don't understand how people in general seem to think mercenaries and companions are useless in the current version. The system could use some improvement, but creating and managing my warband is 80% of my adventuring gameplay

[...] more flying spit than a Ugandan Knuckles meme.

I now also want to see a band of red kobolds spit at the enemy, click at each other and never freeze
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:55:32 pm by Cathar »

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 03:21:44 pm »

Will we ever be able to train cats for war in the future? And give them little armors and swords adapted to their paws?
If yes I will do a party made exclusively of this.
One of the highlights of my early adventuring days was witnessing a cat decapitate a human bandit. It may have just been a commoner, but war cats could be a viable option. Lord knows they breed fast enough to neglect casualties.

Also I don't understand how people in general seem to think mercenaries and companions are useless in the current version. The system could use some improvement, but creating and managing my warband is 80% of my adventuring gameplay
Having a large party is one thing, doing stuff with it and getting a tangible reward out of it is another. And while you may be able to create a warband, but it's still not not a Warband until you can wield a blade while mounted. Wielding a blade while mounted while also being a Lord with a personal Banner would be even better, but we're not likely to see such things come to pass in our lifetime.

[...] more flying spit than a Ugandan Knuckles meme.
I now also want to see a band of red kobolds spit at the enemy, click at each other and never freeze
Maybe the reason kobolds keep going extinct in my worlds is because they do not know the way. The way to not get eaten by rocs, that is.

Power Rangers but it's kobolds
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »

Having a large party is one thing, doing stuff with it and getting a tangible reward out of it is another. And while you may be able to create a warband, but it's still not not a Warband until you can wield a blade while mounted. Wielding a blade while mounted while also being a Lord with a personal Banner would be even better, but we're not likely to see such things come to pass in our lifetime.
*laugh in swadian while charging you money for mods*

Also I'm now really considering basing my kobolds on ugandan knuckle with just enough distance for plausible deniability.
This is just perfect for a race of creatures derping their way into extinction. This is the wai my bruda
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:35:16 pm by Cathar »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 09:33:46 pm »

Actually, banners might come with either economy (20 years) or laws and customs (6 years). Unless you are really old, you will live to see those releases.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 09:41:38 pm »

Actually, banners might come with either economy (20 years) or laws and customs (6 years). Unless you are really old, you will live to see those releases.

We may live to see Dwarf Fortress v1.0, but it will be many lifetimes before anyone sees the full release of Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord.

Yerland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 08:31:40 pm »

I will explore the world and create a party of the largest animal people I can find, then bring them back to my fort and make custom masterwork armor and weapons for all of them.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:47 pm »

Kobold raiding party!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 12:41:43 pm »

Three cheetah men: wrestler, maceman and crossbowman. I'll mod in karate gi and go hunting for ape men.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 02:02:09 pm »

Three cheetah men: wrestler, maceman and crossbowman.

The Cheetah men formed a party.
And now...
           A dissapointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3fVEA8lNE

"No SQman. No."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »

Possibly a true bandit gang. Or maybe a gnoll tribe, with a human sorceror. The four horsemen of the apocalypse? A werebeast/bard band would also be cool. A vampire cult could be fun.

Gnoll vampire cult with human sorceror vampire!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 08:56:50 pm »

• Rodent men, rodent men, we're the rodent men. We play at night, we stalk at night, we're the rodent men
They are, of course, led by the largest among them.
"AH'M DE GIANT RODENT-MAN DAT MAKES ALL A DUH ROOLZ!"
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 01:30:18 pm »

So kinda wonder if it possible to just do this party thing with dfhack? write up a script that just starts adventure mode with companions bound to you already?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4