Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What Will Your First Adventuring Party Look Like?  (Read 9903 times)

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
What Will Your First Adventuring Party Look Like?
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:42:58 am »

When adventuring parties become a thing in the next update, what band of souls will you feed to Armok's altar first?

I'm probably going to go with either a generic four-person elf/human/human/dwarf/kobold party fulfilling ranger-bard/scholar-diplomat/fighter/fighter/thief. Either that or something similar with only animal people.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Will Your First Adventuring Party Look Like?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 12:40:24 pm »

A family of four dwarven draltha ranchers, and their herd of three dralthas.

Senator Jim Death

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:43:35 pm »

generic four-person elf/human/human/dwarf/kobold party

Are we getting dwarf/kobold hybrids in that update, or is the human a werehuman such that he turns into a different human at the full moon?
If it's not trying to be fun, it's not trying to be a video game.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 02:49:11 pm »

2 companions, one bard/spy focused on stealth and stabbing with knife, other being hammerman in heaviest armor I will find. As lead I will play human focused on intrigue skill, reading and writing. With the party of zealot, templar and inquisitor I will begin the hunt for the wicked and sinners.

And of course, when each of the first adventurers will die, I am going to make party of nine, with elf, dwarf, four goblins and three man. Just to wait for generated golden artifact ring...

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:32:42 pm »

If we can create multiple adventurers, I will just ask a couple of friends to create theirs and will report on our virtual wacky adventures. If not I'll continue to explore the world with my human swordsman and his drunk dwarf sidekick

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:34 pm »

Depends how big the party will be

If I can get away with thirteen Dwarves and a small Human, I'll journey to find a Dragon Lair and get some heavy combat going.

Assuming that the game will be more - ahem - conservative, with the party amount, I'll enjoy a party of Humans and Dwarves getting drunk and fighting bandits. Hell, maybe incite a revolt or two.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:43:08 pm »

2 companions, one bard/spy focused on stealth and stabbing with knife, other being hammerman in heaviest armor I will find. As lead I will play human focused on intrigue skill, reading and writing. With the party of zealot, templar and inquisitor I will begin the hunt for the wicked and sinners.

And of course, when each of the first adventurers will die, I am going to make party of nine, with elf, dwarf, four goblins and three man. Just to wait for generated golden artifact ring...

Shouldn't kobolds be the equivalent of the thieving hobbitses?

For my part, probably a solo human or dwarf accompanied by a pack of modded raptor pets.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »

I have encountered a hobbit in my (almost) vanilla game. Really a normal human. Except he kept his children size all his life, I had a blast while watching him in Dwarf Portrait or Armok Vision ; my twelve years old squire was looking down on him. I love this game

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:38:25 pm »

Hopefully we can define the relationships between our adventurers, so that we can be siblings and such.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 10:44:20 pm »

I want to recruit a band of criminals and go on raids in the countryside, eventually making a warband which topples kingdoms and rules them brutally for its own gain.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:51:10 am »

Hopefully we can define the relationships between our adventurers, so that we can be siblings and such.

Yes please

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 10:04:44 am »

I'm really more excited for mounts and pack animals, but I've already got a list of party compositions I want to try out.

Highlights form the To-do list:
  • Power Rangers
  • Power Rangers but it's kobolds
  • Double Dragon-style unarmed fightan dude-bros
  • Rodent men, rodent men, we're the rodent men. We play at night, we stalk at night, we're the rodent men
  • A biker gang band of douchebags on horses knights for high speed lance pike-to-the-face shenanigans
  • A biker gang marauding band of mongols horse archers bent on arson, pillaging, and wholesome romantic relationships with the peasantry
  • Goblin Revolutionary Committee hellbent on murdering overthrowing every demon overlord and establishing an anarcho-syndicate commune a worker's paradise a legitimate royal dynasty
  • A fully pre-formed musical band that goes on a world tour. Minimum of one performance in every settlement, regardless of owner. Bonus points if only the drummer dies.
  • A fully pre-formed viking metal band that goes on an ultra-violent world tour. Minimum of one performance in every settlement, hostile settlements get slaughtered as part of the show.
No matter what I do, I'm hoping to get some good use out of pack animals, or at least a party member dedicated to loot hauling. Nobody really appreciates the logistics of a successful dungeon crawl until you realize you can only carry so much, and have to pick and choose what to leave behind.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 10:40:29 am »

Nobody really appreciates the logistics of a successful dungeon crawl until you realize you can only carry so much, and have to pick and choose what to leave behind.
This brings me back to Dungeon Crawl.

"Must... pick up... everything... but my inventory is full... ARGH!"
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 11:40:11 pm »

In Pandemonium: another scroll of remove curse, or a potion of cure mutation? Tough decision... of course, now that they've removed potions of cure mutation, this decision doesn't exist anymore.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 11:47:00 pm »

In Pandemonium: another scroll of remove curse, or a potion of cure mutation? Tough decision... of course, now that they've removed potions of cure mutation, this decision doesn't exist anymore.
I think regular mutation potions have a decent chance of removing bad mutations (now that they've been buffed to have an increased chance to bring good ones).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4