Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commputer advice v2  (Read 1807 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Commputer advice v2
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:55:41 am »

Well the wonderful people of this forum helped me build this computer so many years ago i thought i would ask again for any advice before diving in and getting a new one , this one after all this time is starting to die i think

Anyone know of some resources that might be worth checking out , Im looking for a gaming pc.. Nothing hardcore or VR needed

I know some people say the build your own pc services from like newegg were good back in my day , anyone know if its still decent or any other place that might offer that ?

Im willing to bet prebuilt is still overpriced by a lot , Is that true or are they competitive yet?

Any tips or advice will be welcome!

Edit : sorry i forgot some details,  Aiming for about 1000 bucks , Intel chip sets seem to work best for me
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:05:46 am by Frostbite »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Commputer advice v2
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 04:04:00 am »

These days, it is hard to beat the McBuilt systems in terms of price or component choice, if you look properly.  The PC market is now a very mature one.

That said however, you will still have maximal control over the build if you do it yourself.  In addition to your usual places like NewEgg, you can also check out pricewatch.com They are a "deal aggregator" that keeps up with current "special offers" various retailers make available. (liquidation sales, etc.) Much of the equipment is less than state of the art, but for some things it works great still.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 04:15:13 am »

"McBuilt" ?

Yea i dont need maximal control over my parts, Just a pc that works is all i really need

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:52:14 am »

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 01:15:03 pm »

pcpartpicker is worth looking at if you do decide to build your own  :)