Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Everyone is turning into necromancers.  (Read 2232 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone is turning into necromancers.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 03:56:04 am »

:
Would leaving out food thoughts really be enough to push dwarves over the edge though? Science is needed.
It's reasonably easy to do by not having any booze, just water (clean water, not muddy) as a substitute. Hm, come to think of it, "no decent food" is already common (as stuff like vermin brain is rather hard to come by), so probably not: it's what keeping them on the edge.
Not lack of drink, lack of food. Meat, plants, fish, prepared meals, and whatnot. Tavern keepers provide drink but don't satisfy eating needs. Drinking and eating needs are distinct, and you can satisfy one without satisfying the other.
:
That's what I meant with substitute: using blockage of drinks as a substitute for a blockage of food to test the idea.
It should also be possible to hack test subjects to remove any liked foods at all to get a no eating effects on thoughts, but since half of them (or more) already crave only food that you have no way of acquiring those could act as natural test cases, with those who get their food needs satisfied acting as a (probably rather small) control group.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 04:16:06 am »

Do necrodwarves still raise any dead item they see?
Do said undead still attack almost anything that isnt a vamp/necro?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 05:32:56 am »

Do necrodwarves still raise any dead item they see?
Do said undead still attack almost anything that isnt a vamp/necro?
They will revive dead items, but it's not necessarily as soon as they see it. AFAIK the zombies are friendly to any necros, but not normal dwarves.
I'd bung all the necros in squads and throw them at any nasty invasions; they'll probably die, but kamikaze zombie horde works 50/50
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 09:58:07 am »

Recent-ish reports vary. Sometimes they slaughter their Jesus, sometimes not.

Also, the food preference need miss is probably less important "dined in a dining room like a personal palace" miss. You could simulate that with dwarves in burrow who are only feed by dwarves out of burrow (I do this sometimes, ex for miners on job I want completed quicker).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:24 am »

My understanding is that necros only raise dead when they feel threatened, not whenever they see something that's dead.
Pages: 1 [2]