Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for tags...  (Read 874 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for tags...
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:23:58 am »

I am kind of new to messing with the raws, but looking on the wiki it is completely insufferable looking for where a particular tag is located.

Is there a simple way of doing this that I am missing?

I was looking for the orientation flag, but can't find any mention of where it's actually located. I don't understand a page that will tell you 12 ways from sunday how to use the tag, without telling you the general location of said tag - I'm aware it's probably different for every race/creature.

Weird.

Thanks for any help.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for tags...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:36:41 am »

Orientation is not different, it's located in the main body of the creature entry in every creature. Maybe you can assign it to castes. Raws are pretty standardized, just stare at different creatures until you get it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:18:08 am »

I don't think any creature actually uses the Orientation tag, it's just there for modding. Like KittyTac said, you just put it in the main body of the creature's raws where stuff like, for example, BENIGN or LARGE_ROAMING goes.

Also, did you mean to post this in the modding forum?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:51:52 pm »

Placement of tags doesn't matter in the vast majority of cases.

EDIT: Oh, you mean where it is in a creature. No vanilla creatures use ORIENTATION, we literally had to check the string dump and I had to do testing and ask Toady how it worked just to realize it exists. You can just add it to whatever creature you want.