Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Special Forces (semi-minimalist) IC thread - Mission 1, Turn 1  (Read 1416 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

OOC THREAD

As the four of you enter the chinook to get to the stronghold, you put your weapons on the racks next to your seats, before waiting for takeoff. A few minutes later, the commander gives you a briefing. The holographic projector on the ceiling starts projecting a video feed of the commander, as he gives you the briefing.

I hope you're ready for a trial by fire. You will be breaching a stronghold containing hostile soldiers of a known hostile group. Most things about them are unknown, including the name of their organization, their cause, and plan, but what we do know is that they've been taking host- FUZE, NO, THERE AREN'T ANY HOSTAGES IN THIS LOCATION, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. now where was I? Anyways, they've been taking hostages, hijacking buildings for usage as strongholds, and generally highly illegal stuff. Their fighting force involves mercenaries, private military contractors, and insurgent forces, armed with military grade weapons and explosives. Our goal here, is to destroy one such stronghold. Once we land, it's safeties off, and the rules of engagement are killing any armed hostiles. There are no friendlies in this area, as all of them have left the area. Good luck.

A few moments later after that speech, the pilot states that we're going to be about to land. After the chinook lands, you unbuckle yourselves and grab your weapons.

INVENTORIES, STATUSES, AND LOCATIONS
Spoiler: Spirit Freedom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightwatch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheese (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:59:40 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over
Re: Roll to Special Forces (semi-minimalist) IC thread - Mission 1, Turn 0
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:29:19 pm »

"What's our chances of being able to collapse the building from the outside?"

Stay by the Chinook until we get a game-plan.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

(Why did a special forces unit deploy by Chinook? Black Hawks or one of the smaller helicopters [the unarmored ones with external benches, can't recall the actual names] would make much more sense and be much less noticeable)

How much do you know about demolitions? I'm pretty sure breaching charges aren't going to cut it. After all, they're meant to make doors in walls, not reduce the wall to rubble.

Take a look around---what can we see from this position, is there anywhere close by I could use to take a look inside, be it another building or a nearby hill?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:18 pm »

"Not much, but I'm sure Fuze knows quite a bit."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:53:23 pm »

“You vant to underrrstand how demolition vorrrks, eh? Well firrrst of all, thermite is grrreat forrr making big fucking holes, and don’t forrrgot zat a blowtorrrch kan slowly but assurrredly burrrn thrrrough any kind of metal but you’ll need patience of a Owl to make use of it, anyvays. Most easily rrreadily vay to make holes thrrrough walls to rrrubble is a zing kalled a nitrrro cell. Plastic explosives in your English language.

Also my mind running through me, did I hear hostages!?”

Get a general sense of the environment, and areas where effective cover would be

((It’s a budgeting issues, just be glad we didn’t take a Osprey with their reliability issues.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:56:28 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 04:29:54 am »

"I'm ready to engage the enemy, when everyone else is."
Look around and see if I can spot any patrols moving around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Special Forces (semi-minimalist) IC thread - Mission 1, Turn 1
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:59:12 am »

Stay by the Chinook until we get a game-plan.

3: I don't know what you expected by having your action literally just have you wait.

Take a look around---what can we see from this position, is there anywhere close by I could use to take a look inside, be it another building or a nearby hill?

5: You go scouting, and don't see anything out of the ordinary, other than a single house with barricaded windows and doors.

Get a general sense of the environment, and areas where effective cover would be

2: The environment is just a forest, and we're in a clearing with a house inside.

Look around and see if I can spot any patrols moving around.

5: You manage to find a garage door, which you can't open from the outside, but a breaching charge should blow it up, granting an an entry point. You don't find any patrols outside, because all of them are waiting inside on standby.

Turn recap: Some scouting was done.

INVENTORIES, STATUSES, AND LOCATIONS
Spoiler: Spirit Freedom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightwatch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheese (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:00:43 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:20:14 am »

We seem to have a lot of breaching charges---how about we plant them at intervals around the entire house, or perhaps just where we think the enemies are, to kill as many of them as possible while giving us a variety of ways to enter the house, as well as sightlines that might allow us to shoot them without ever getting into CQB with them?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:35 pm »

((Forest have trees pal, and cover on wood against rifle rounds 5.56 and 7.62 is probably useless it might stop a 9mm maybe?))

Ve need action plan to assault zis forrrtifikation and I zink I vill prrrovide rrrole of supprrressing enemy so zey don’t get too aggrrressive on us after the brrreach, riot shield man make surrre to lead assault zat’s kinda yourrr rrrole vith zat shotgun rrrevolver. Nightvatch provide long-range supporrrt as assault is happening, and Cheese you should probably be flanking enemy frrrom backside of house as we dirrrect the assault and I’m suppressing, you’ll get the entire backside to yourrrself and could skorrre the most amount of KIAs.

Set up three breaching charges around the house’s windows and door, at least one door, and than get behind the closest tree to the house

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 02:13:38 pm »

((Yes, forests have trees. Astute observation /sarcasm. However, our biggest problem is lack of intel---unless you want to do a breach-and-clear on a building with unknown layout and unknown number of hostiles, we should probably start by setting things up to explode, and then finding some concealment a ways back. That way, we can start by killing off as many as possible BEFORE we send in the ballistics shield guy. Remember it's not a fortified building, it's a house with boarded-up windows. Breaching charges will put a lot of damage into anyone on the back sides of those walls.))

Apply breaching charges to sections of walls between the door(s) and windows, quietly. If shooting starts, get back into the woods.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:20:38 pm by Madman198237 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 02:18:38 pm »

Should we ask command for remote-controlled wheeled camera drones that transmit a video feed than for next time than?, I’m pretty sure they make less noise than a quadcopter camera drone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 04:13:33 am »

"I'm gonna save one of my breaching charges in case we need in inside."
Place two breaching charges in two places faraway from the other ones.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 06:14:15 am »

"I'll also save a charge. Doesn't ever hurt to have more explosives.

Plant two breach charges on two seperate doors.