Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So yeah about your son...the thing is....  (Read 2094 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: So yeah about your son...the thing is....
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 04:08:24 am »

I usually build separate artifactories, and then link them all together with all the stockpiles inside with 1 RES burrow, and whenever someone moods, I add them to the burrow that instant. However, there have been cases where moods happen before I have one of those set up, in which case I've marked a burrow over target workshop and goods I want them to use, mark it as restricted and add dwarf in - and dwarf doth goes to pick up native gold instead of desiring more nearby or older/newer granite (of course, native gold scepter, or even native gold mug, isn't exactly useful).

Good to know the restriction is necessary, I guess. I might have tested it and forgotten, or just played safe everytime, not sure.

Theoretically, I could combine/add my kids to artifactory burrow, but I don't want kids playing in the middle of regular workshops, let alone that. I suppose it would still keep them out of battlefield, though, so it might suit your purposes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:10:23 am by Fleeting Frames »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 07:51:36 am »

An artifact mug is one of the things that is actually used. Whether it is better at producing good thoughts when drinking with it than an XXwillow mugXX is a different question...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:39 am »

Mugs are used in brawls sometimes. I suppose artefacts mugs are as good as artefact rings in such cases (i.e. quite deadly). I would find an use for it.
Pages: 1 [2]