Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1  (Read 65585 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Night 3: Last Hope in the Dark(6/10)+1
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2019, 11:37:32 am »

Note: waiting on confirmation on something. Day ended a bit ago.

Day ends, and a Circle swallows up KitRougard.

"One more gone..
Tour Guide opens an envelope that appears.

"Now, I will announce who just took a Ride to the Graveyard."

"Kitrougard was Red-Eyes Black Dragon, and a member of the Town."

Spoiler: Abilitys (click to show/hide)

"And so Turn 4 comes to an end. Mafia also equal the number of Town Left. So.."

"I annou-"

Light Shatters through the Encroaching Darkness.
hector13 has revived

"Well, seems we'll have another Night."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well.. Things seem back to normal, but we'll see. Darkness falls again. Good luck.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Night 2 Begins Now, and Ends in 48 Hours.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 4: Mafia Wins(5/10)+1
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2019, 01:21:26 pm »

Given it seems that way too many people have quit this game, it has ended.

Mafia tried to kill Fallacy, and given no one else targeted him, and Dolores already revealed themselves, the current number would be 2/2/1/(+1).

In other words, 2 Town, 2 Mafia, 1 Rogue, and 1 Synchro out.
As is though, with Fallacy not interested, this game is effectively over at 1 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Rogue, and 1 Synchro.

1. Icytea: Spirit of the Pot of Greed, Mafia
   2. FallacyofUrist: Yubel{Second Form, would have been Third, had he actually been interested in continuing}
   3. hector13: Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, now Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Rogue
   4. Failbird105: Alien Infiltrator, Town.
   5. roseheart: Double Star Shaman, Town.
   6. Nirur Torir: Number 89: Diablos, the Mind Hacker, Town.
   7. KitRougard: Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Town
   8. Dolores: Naturia Dragonfly, Mafia
   9. Tomasque, Ojama Green, Mafia
   10. webadict: Harpie Girl, Town

11. Synchro Monster(Does not have a vote, but can be voted/targeted. Counts as Neutral, connected to Summoner. Mouthpiece of roseheart)

Thanks for playing, at least I got some Exp out of this...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 3: In hope for Victory(6/10)+1
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2019, 01:47:27 pm »

Yeah that would probably have been more interesting if half the town decided to actually play the game.

We lost four players on D1 to non-interest/hissy fits, which killed my interest. If I were town I might’ve tried to push dolores for a D2 lynch, but as 3P, and half the town away? Nah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2019, 02:32:24 pm »

"hector13 was a member of the Town!"
hector13: Rogue
I wasn't aware that this was a bastard game where roleflips can't be trusted.

hissy fits
Emotional manipulation. An attack at wuba's weakpoint for massive damage (fun fact: I've documented similar weakpoints in a whole bunch of regulars' metagames, including yours). I decided that if he's going to play dirty, so will I. The drawback is that it makes you look incredibly scummy unless you make it realistic enough, hence why I kept even my scumbuddies in the dark. Probably unnecessary (and a contribution to this game's death) given how it's been proven in recent games that mafia can get away with acting scummy, as long as it's so scummy that town can't believe sane scum would do it.

I try to avoid holding grudges though, so I probably won't play like this again unless it wins me a game (that isn't a mess like this one).

Spoiler: My role (click to show/hide)
Yes, that is in fact an ability that does literally nothing unless you have an extra action, which would have been better used for Tomasque's double-roleblock (turning it into a freaking quadruple-roleblock) had he actually played.

Mafiachat.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2019, 03:22:48 pm »

Yeah I wondered about that roleflip thing. I still could’ve won, but initially I was to act on all the players during the night (which would’ve taken at least 4 nights) or, if I died, being the last one alive with a townie, which was not going to happen.

Anyhow, I blocked FoU and Tomasque N1, and dolores N2. At least I had a 67% hit-rate..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TricMagic's ByoS Mafia: Day 2: Finding the Enemy(8/10)
« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2019, 03:40:35 pm »

I thought about claiming D2 to drop the heat on me, except I'd just be stupid powerful paired with a protector, and so I figured there had to be a day kill or someone else able to seal powers. I figured I'd have to do a D3 claim instead, hopefully after killing 1 scum.

Then I didn't claim to save myself because I was just frustrated by the number of people not even playing and that we nearly had a no lynch.

I'm surprised that Hector was the 3rd party.

Quote from: Hec
PPE: why would you be inclined to believe that?
I am only inclined to believe it, because of the way I received a group PM with IcyTea. I admit it is possible someone just glitched IT to spare me, temporarily.

In about 3 hours this day will be half way over.

I won't even have 1 hour to do anything if we don't extend.
What was this group PM about?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2019, 04:29:51 pm »

I was to talk to you after the game wasn't I? Anyway, one of my favourite things about me is being hard to read; you'll always be surprised by my flip :p

You have the makings of a good mafia player, you just have to develop your skills a bit. You've got a lot of tenacity, which is pretty much the foundation of a good day game as either alignment. dolores, for example, was not being lynched on D1, and it would've been stupendously difficult to get her lynched on D2, because she earned a lot of town cred keeping the game alive on D1.

One thing that might help is slowing down a bit. You're going to have a few days in mafia before you have to come to a decision, so don't put all your cards on the table until you're ready to make a case on someone, which is usually within the last 24 hours of a day. Ex: When you were trying to convince everyone I was scum, you were pushing way too hard and posting way too much (at least for our meta) for people to really want to pay attention to you. It came across as you trying to convince me that I was scum, which won't win you any support, and a good scum player will draw that out to make you look like an idiot, and also make it so little else gets done during the day. Understandable on some level that you kept at it though, since you thought I was scum and I was telling you to go away :p taking a step back and allowing yourself some time to look elsewhere, or for another explanation, can work wonders. Many a time I've felt utterly certain someone was scum, built a case and posted about it incessantly for a day, then come back after a sleep and felt much less sure about it.

It was also quite obvious you were working from your conclusion backwards, finding evidence that fit your theory and refusing to consider it in a different light. This is not a bad thing - I still do this to build my cases - but it's important to temper that with cold, hard analysis first. If you can figure out that someone is not quite right, that's a good first step. If you can put the spotlight on them and make them talk, a good second step. The third step is looking at what they have (and haven't!) posted, and then using that to figure out whether or not they're town. After that, you make a case against the person who is either least likely town (this will probably be a D1 case) or the person who is most likely scum (D2 and beyond) and looking for things to convince other players that you're right, and that's when you make your case.

It takes a bit of practice, but it's fun. Especially when the entire town is playing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2019, 04:49:25 pm »

Thanks for the advice.

It came across as you trying to convince me that I was scum, which won't win you any support.
That's probably what I was trying to do, actually. "You're scum and I'm going to be constantly annoying you about how scummy you are," in retrospect, probably isn't the sort of attack I should use, even on the newer players it'd work against.

You have the makings of a good mafia player, you just have to develop your skills a bit.
Glad I wasn't so annoying you don't want to play with me again :v

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2019, 08:09:43 pm »

Starchat:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/ps4Yjad9cTe
RolePM:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/etTLbPy3GaAu
(Url for Mafia Group. No Posting until the game starts.)

Roll 2
Naturia Fruitfly

Naturia Rhythm: All Monster Forms lose Def equal to the number of Town remaining x 300. During the Day, you can select a target, other than Mafia. That Night, if that Monster's Defense is 0, you gain access to it's abilities for that Night and the next Day, and can use them as you wish.

Quote from: Sophia, Goddess of Creation
Pretty low key in comparison to some here. You've been assigned to the Mafia. It's Wildcard. Well, we shall see how well you do, this should prove entertaining at least.

That's probably what I was trying to do, actually. "You're scum and I'm going to be constantly annoying you about how scummy you are," in retrospect, probably isn't the sort of attack I should use, even on the newer players it'd work against.
The big problem is just that you're not going to get anyone to vote along with you. Generally speaking, that's more important than being right.
I dunno why you'd think anyone wouldn't want you to keep playing. You were one of the most active players the entire game and everything you did 'wrong' was just suboptimal play, not malicious or gamewrecking.

hector13: Rogue
What the fuck was this

Emotional manipulation. An attack at wuba's weakpoint for massive damage (fun fact: I've documented similar weakpoints in a whole bunch of regulars' metagames, including yours). I decided that if he's going to play dirty, so will I. The drawback is that it makes you look incredibly scummy unless you make it realistic enough, hence why I kept even my scumbuddies in the dark. Probably unnecessary (and a contribution to this game's death) given how it's been proven in recent games that mafia can get away with acting scummy, as long as it's so scummy that town can't believe sane scum would do it.

I try to avoid holding grudges though, so I probably won't play like this again unless it wins me a game (that isn't a mess like this one).
So you've developed a reliable method - of destroying the level of activity in the game?
The only reason this kind of shit works is because people don't anticipate someone would actually do it. At an point in the future someone who's seen this post can just say 'oh IcyTea is being a cunt again he must be scum'. It's the same sort of gentleman's agreement as not killing games as unlynchable TP/scum by spamming etc. You did this shit on purpose, for real?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2019, 08:30:06 pm »

*thinks*

...wait. It's possible Hector gets classes as the Rogue because of something I got told.

I deleted the message, but I was told "Well, the Eternal Rivals are here." As part of my comment.

As long as both of us lived, the Town could not win.

Reasoning: Red Eyes and Blue Eyes HATE each other. They're both with the town, sure. But ain't enough space in this damn town for the both o' us.

...and I think that's a bad idea for town/rogueness.

I was panicking because of a 3/1/6 being tall numbers. But you see, I hate Blue Eyes, thus he is Rogue, thus the numbers were really 3/7. Good numbers.

So, conspiracy theory that makes sense, anyone?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2019, 08:33:38 pm »

Realistically you should have claimed all of that though you might have gotten modkilled so I can see why you didn't.
The entire setup was a fucking mess. I didn't sign up for a bastard mod and neither did you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2019, 08:44:31 pm »

It leaves me tempted to run a bare-basics mafia game, with just a cop or doc, since I'm sure I'd learn from watching with full info. But I'd have to wait for the proc gen game, if that's actually happening.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2019, 09:01:15 pm »

Well, uh, I just came up with that whole spiel.

Yeah, not the quickest Hedgehog in the Zone.

But it is an interesting idea to use, pitting two Town against oneanother.

Just should be phrased better, like

ETERNAL RIVALS
Your Eternal Rival, [Other Dragon], is a member of the Town. The Town cannot win while both you and they are alive. You can say that [Other Dragon] exists, even that they are a member of the Town, but you cannon mention your Rivalry, even after their passing.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2019, 09:11:26 pm »

I was 3P though, I just couldn’t win while you were alive.

Wasn’t so great my block couldn’t block the NK, would’ve been nice to know that ahead of time :p

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »

Alright, important distinction though. Were you better described as...

A: Executioner - You win when I die. Done.
or
B: Town Rival - You can win with Town if I die, and can't win any way if I live.

Because my ability speaks true - and it said You, Rival, had to die if Town was to be able to win. So the real question is:

Could town win with me dead and you alive?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28