Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77983 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2018, 02:30:14 pm »

Apply the improved Omega-serum inside me, than research into improving the Speedster part by adding a biological synthetic material of a superplastic inside to combine with the Quicksilver, heightening physical durability against rapid speeds and maintaining faster speeds, improving the Omega-serum ability of being a speedster further. The sheep-agents will work to find the location of the nanobot scientist and tell me of their location.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:14:52 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2018, 05:08:33 pm »

There are other humans in this pyramid? We were not only ones in here ?
Go and seek fools daring to enter pyramid of Nefren ka

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2018, 08:55:18 pm »

"Excuse me, but, who are all of you?"

Cautiously back away from the 3 holograms, try and see if I can block their view of Bastet's computer.

The holograms follow you backwards.

Alright, just assume you heard the full conversation.

Hey, it worked!
Alright, so. I'm Erin Quill, and you all... well, I don't actually know who you are, but I know what you're doing, and that you're on the right track to make real improvements in the world!
I've been studying and working with magic - which yes, is real and useable, though I suspect the psychic may have already known that - and recently I've been focusing on scrying. Simply put, a lot of stuff is going to hell right now, but you guys have the tools to fix it.
We're probably all mostly fine on our own, but I think that together, we can do a lot more work toward making the world a better place. Who's willing to be with me?

Also, you don't need to hide the AI, mate.

"I am Dr. Adderson, and I was unaware of you Erin, being more focused on things that would destroy the world. Speaking of which, I am about to deal with a nano-robotic threat to our existence. I hope it will be a peaceful resolution, but I ask that you make some preparations to stop them should I fail. Here is some more.. Conventional contact information in case you wish to share research or information."
Give them a E-mail address and a phone number they can reach if need be. Find Dr. Anamolate and ask him politely to cease and desist before he kills everyone.

Before you leave, your phone buzzes. Looks like Erin’s emailed you his research notes. Good to have just in case.

(investigation) [1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 2+1 = 3] You’ve narrowed down the place where he could be a little, but not much.

(lawyer stuff)
Judge 1: (1d6 +2(appellant's good brief/briefing) = 1+2 = 3 = appellee)
Judge 2: (1d6 +2(appellant's good brief/briefing) = 4+2 = 6 = appellant)
Judge 3: (1d6 +2(appellant's good brief/briefing) = 2+2 = 4 = appellant)
“In a 2-1 decision, the Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the Federal Bureau of Investigation earlier today, overturning one of two rulings that hobbled the FBI.”

"I would like to listen but I have a rocket to get, can this move with me?"

samuel oak will be working in a mouse with adding modified electrocytes (the organ that all species of electric fish uses to generate electricity until I get a pichu.

Assistant 1 will work in adding it's evolutions to bulbasaur (ivysaur, venusaur)

Assistant 2 will natural forms of energy with the pourpose to modify the pokemons to be more powerful/energy effecient (in other words be able to use moves)

(pichu) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You successfully create a Pichu. It can even make cute little electric bursts!

(evolutions) [1d6 = 3] Bulbasaur grows and changes color a little, but not that much.

(moves) [1d6 = 6] Well, they’re stronger physically, but that isn’t necessarily better.

Bob must go and buy some science equipment and some chemicals for the RV.

[1d6 = 3] The only thing they had were children’s scientist kits. Quite a lot of contents, but nowhere near a proper laboratory.

"I would like to listen but I have a rocket to get, can this move with me?"
Probably. It is magic, after all.

"I am Dr. Adderson, and I was unaware of you Erin, being more focused on things that would destroy the world. Speaking of which, I am about to deal with a nano-robotic threat to our existence. I hope it will be a peaceful resolution, but I ask that you make some preparations to stop them should I fail. Here is some more.. Conventional contact information in case you wish to share research or information."
Give them a E-mail address and a phone number they can reach if need be. Find Dr. Anamolate and ask him politely to cease and desist before he kills everyone.
Ah... well then. ._. Thanks for the information, both contact- and nanobot-related. I'll be working on it; summoning and unsummoning were some of the first things I worked on, so hopefully something to unsummon nanobots shouldn't be... too difficult. I shoot you off what I've learned momentarily!

Work on designing a pentacle that can unsummon nanobots in large quantity (large quantity of nanonbots, that is, not of the pentacle), and send Dr. Adderson all of my research notes so far (by email).

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] It ends up being just an electronic-destroying device due to your inability to precisely define a nanobot. It’ll be more general this way.

You email Dr. Adderson your research notes. Your death alone will not strip magic from the world.

Finish up the rest of it.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 2] You add the self-replication egg-laying capability, but that is not what is most important. In your first steps towards grey goo, you improve the nano-virus such that it can be injected through a proboscis and can affect any target.

Activate the cloning vat, target 10 total clones. All the clones we have + any the come out dig tunnels as before.

(cloning vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You only manage to make five.

(tunnels) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 2+1 = 3] They get started on the tunnel, but it’s nothing noticeable on a map.

Go to the rocket landing site and start figuring out how to take it to the Launch site

[1d6 = 1] You end up getting lost in a remote location. Hopefully you can find your way back.

Apply the improved Omega-serum inside me, than research into improving the Speedster part by adding a biological synthetic material of a superplastic inside to combine with the Quicksilver, heightening physical durability against rapid speeds and maintaining faster speeds, improving the Omega-serum ability of being a speedster further. The sheep-agents will work to find the location of the nanobot scientist and tell me of their location.

You inject yourself with the improved omega-serum.

(improvement) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Your sudden speed makes waiting for various tests to take effect boring. Eventually, you just give up.

Nanobot scientist? What nanobot scientist? Are you sure there even is a nanobot scientist?

There are other humans in this pyramid? We were not only ones in here ?
Go and seek fools daring to enter pyramid of Nefren ka

[1d6 = 6] You come upon a party of archeologists. You may have been a bit too intimidating, considering that they immediately start running for the exit.

Turn 17 end.
Turn 18 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2018, 09:05:15 pm »

"Alright, this is rather interesting. I'll get your contact details if you're willing to give them, but in the meantime, I'll see to my own work."

Try and get names and contact info from the...holograms. Remove another set of restrictions from Bastet, then do a diagnostic check on its stability and cognitive performance.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2018, 09:17:36 pm »

Listen to Sweet Dreams or at least Alternative on the radio while researching an improving the Omega-serum through the application of biological-synthetic made silicon into the serum (scientific explanation) that creates a “layer” of silicon in the skin that resists air friction better and more aerodynamic in its atom arrangement allowing you to go to even faster speeds and being a better speedster, reaching Mach 1. Still refer this as the “omega-serum”
The giant rat and opposable thumb company will make sure they take-in the super-soldier serum into their veins, as in they disperse the serum around the creatures.
Sheepster twins will reach to the rural part outside the city, and search for a farmer’s ranch, waiting for the moment to “make them unconscious” for the following turn.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:19:56 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2018, 09:34:35 pm »

But I don't want something that just destroys electronics. Do you have any idea how destructive that would be?

Refine the unsummoning circle with a closer definition of a nanobot. Ask Dr. Nix if his AI could help me figure this kind of stuff out.
Also, work on making wands. The pentacles are helpful, of course, but it takes so long to get them to the proper configuration, and for the most part they're hard to move around. I haven't even tested any using the batteries. I want to make wands, powered by the magic batteries, that can at least do a small set of practical spells, such as cleaning, detecting leylines, making lights, moving objects at range, and the like. They should be rechargeable, of course.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2018, 09:58:00 pm »

Samuel oak will feed pichu and finish the bulbasaur evolutions.

Assistant 1 will investigate the existence of physics powers (Aka: if they exist at all (I believe I don't know about Dr. Adderson existence yet))

Assistant 2 will continue to search for way to allow Pokemon to generate enough energy to use moves.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2018, 11:35:11 pm »

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 4 clones start exploring this building and collecting anything that can be used as a weapon or to make more vats.

I will work on improving the mind-transfer device so that it is a mind duplicator. This work by having the mind of the person being duplicated go into the mind of a clone that is coming out of the vat, this will require the duplicator to be hooked up to the cloning vat. Ideally it would keep a copy of the mind it was duplicating in a storage device in it. Use a clones brain if it is needed.

If you watched my cloner games you will see where this is going.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2018, 04:17:40 am »

"Everything's going according to Bob's plan."
Bob will go to a army surplus store and buy a gas mask, spare filters, a flare gun, and some flare gun ammo.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2018, 04:39:40 am »

Ah, I'll find this one later.
Return to lab and build another rocket
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2018, 02:07:54 pm »

Dont run, my dear friends, I want to have a talk

Nefren Ka qAlhar Karazet Katum

Try to boil their blood by eldritch curse

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2018, 04:23:04 pm »

reciprocate by sending my own research to Erin Quill, then continue the hunt for the nanoroboticist.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2018, 07:37:45 am »

Right.. Have it lay an egg in a tree outside, then check how the other nanobots are doing. Fly freely Butterfly Bot, and multiply silently.
{Also, add the Butterfly Program to the Supercomputer too.}

What should be my next invention... Nanobuilder Ants. Just need to make the queen, and it should lay 10 eggs a turn, 9 with worker drones, and 1 queen egg. They shall be my builders, my super-processing(industrial) little builder ants..

Jaws of nano-carbon, black and super tough. And of course, as strong as they normally are, if not twice as strong. They must also be capable of secreting a binding agent that will make the walls strong as metal, and as bound together. Actually, let's see if they can make it strong as carbon diamond, this binding agent.

And of course, we can't forget the subspace communicator, though basing it off the termites should help with that.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:40:51 am by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2018, 12:23:43 am »

"Alright, this is rather interesting. I'll get your contact details if you're willing to give them, but in the meantime, I'll see to my own work."

Try and get names and contact info from the...holograms. Remove another set of restrictions from Bastet, then do a diagnostic check on its stability and cognitive performance.

You remove another set of restrictions.
(improvements) [1d6 +skill bonus(less restricted) +skill bonus(even less restricted) = 5 skill level 2] Bastet is rapidly accelerating in both its cognitive and emotional development. Very rapidly accelerating.

Listen to Sweet Dreams or at least Alternative on the radio while researching an improving the Omega-serum through the application of biological-synthetic made silicon into the serum (scientific explanation) that creates a “layer” of silicon in the skin that resists air friction better and more aerodynamic in its atom arrangement allowing you to go to even faster speeds and being a better speedster, reaching Mach 1. Still refer this as the “omega-serum”
The giant rat and opposable thumb company will make sure they take-in the super-soldier serum into their veins, as in they disperse the serum around the creatures.
Sheepster twins will reach to the rural part outside the city, and search for a farmer’s ranch, waiting for the moment to “make them unconscious” for the following turn.

(omega) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You design yet another improvement to the omega-serum. Even a 4x increase, however, isn’t enough for any but the fastest birds to break the sound barrier.

(super) [1d6 = 1] After several more mercury poisoning accidents involving a mix-up of serums, all the chickens are dead.

(ranch) [1d6 = 6] They arrive at a farm… but the farmer found them, has a shotgun, and doesn’t like their thumbs.

But I don't want something that just destroys electronics. Do you have any idea how destructive that would be?

Refine the unsummoning circle with a closer definition of a nanobot. Ask Dr. Nix if his AI could help me figure this kind of stuff out.
Also, work on making wands. The pentacles are helpful, of course, but it takes so long to get them to the proper configuration, and for the most part they're hard to move around. I haven't even tested any using the batteries. I want to make wands, powered by the magic batteries, that can at least do a small set of practical spells, such as cleaning, detecting leylines, making lights, moving objects at range, and the like. They should be rechargeable, of course.

(closer) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5-1+1 = 5] Dr. Nix does not respond, being bent over his computer, but a red light on the computer blinks, seemingly in answer. A few seconds later, you receive an email from someone identifying themselves as “Bastet”.

Code: [Select]
You will want to include the magical definition of the following piece of equipment:

And then a bunch of technobabbly images. You’re able to understand it well enough to encode it into the unsummoning circle, however, and you quickly do so.

(wands) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully use several of the batteries to create prototype wands. They’re a little bulky in the handle where the battery is, but that’s outweighed by the things they can do. Detecting leylines, emanating light, even small-scale telekinesis. And they can be recharged, of course.

You also receive an email from Dr. Adderson with his own research.

Samuel oak will feed pichu and finish the bulbasaur evolutions.

Assistant 1 will investigate the existence of physics powers (Aka: if they exist at all (I believe I don't know about Dr. Adderson existence yet))

Assistant 2 will continue to search for way to allow Pokemon to generate enough energy to use moves.

You feed Pichu.
(evolutions) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully evolve Bulbasaur into an Ivysaur, and set it on the path to becoming a Venusaur.

(psychic) [1d6 = 2] After dropping rocks in various chemicals, he shrugs and mumbles something inconclusive.

(moves) [1d6 = 1] He just ends up causing an explosion. You're starting to doubt their abilities.

What’s this?
Geodude is evolving into Graveller!
Geodude has evolved into Graveller!

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 4 clones start exploring this building and collecting anything that can be used as a weapon or to make more vats.

I will work on improving the mind-transfer device so that it is a mind duplicator. This work by having the mind of the person being duplicated go into the mind of a clone that is coming out of the vat, this will require the duplicator to be hooked up to the cloning vat. Ideally it would keep a copy of the mind it was duplicating in a storage device in it. Use a clones brain if it is needed.

If you watched my cloner games you will see where this is going.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Two more clones are produced by the vat.

(tunnel) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 1+1 = 2] The tunneling clones fail to make any progress.

(scavenging) [1d6 = 3] Your clones find enough makeshift weapons for them all, but nothing else.

(duplicator) [1d6 = 1] You find yourself struck by what a horrible idea this is from both a practical and selfish standpoint, and decide to abandon the idea.

"Everything's going according to Bob's plan."
Bob will go to a army surplus store and buy a gas mask, spare filters, a flare gun, and some flare gun ammo.

[1d6 = 3] You buy the gas mask and spare filters, but the surplus store isn’t selling flare guns. Maybe the army is still using them? Regardless, the clerk advises you to try a camping supply store.

Ah, I'll find this one later.
Return to lab and build another rocket

[1d6 = 5] You get un-lost, head back to your lab, and build another rocket.

Dont run, my dear friends, I want to have a talk

Nefren Ka qAlhar Karazet Katum

Try to boil their blood by eldritch curse

[1d6 = 5]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) +1(power) = 3+1+1 = 5) vs (1d6 = 4)
They stumble slightly, but they quickly carry on running away.

reciprocate by sending my own research to Erin Quill, then continue the hunt for the nanoroboticist.

You send your own research to Erin.

[1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 2+1 = 3] You continue shaving area off his possible location, but still nothing notable.

Right.. Have it lay an egg in a tree outside, then check how the other nanobots are doing. Fly freely Butterfly Bot, and multiply silently.
{Also, add the Butterfly Program to the Supercomputer too.}

What should be my next invention... Nanobuilder Ants. Just need to make the queen, and it should lay 10 eggs a turn, 9 with worker drones, and 1 queen egg. They shall be my builders, my super-processing(industrial) little builder ants..

Jaws of nano-carbon, black and super tough. And of course, as strong as they normally are, if not twice as strong. They must also be capable of secreting a binding agent that will make the walls strong as metal, and as bound together. Actually, let's see if they can make it strong as carbon diamond, this binding agent.

And of course, we can't forget the subspace communicator, though basing it off the termites should help with that.

The butterflybot lays an egg sack. Might take a bit for it to hatch, but it’ll be worth it when it does. The other nanobots have done fairly well, staying out of sight and replicating themselves.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 1] You give the queen antbot a subspace communicator, and design any replication features that you install to make the workers have strong jaws and can secrete a metal-strength binding agent. You didn’t install replication yet, however, wanting to do that last.

Turn 18 end.
Turn 19 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2018, 01:01:46 am »

Make a small signal maker and a satellite specifically to locate those signals and send their location to my phone
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42