Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77918 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 03:22:48 pm »

Attempt to build nascent AI by setting up artificial neural frameworks. Don't activate them yet once it's built, don't want my creation to start learning things in the wrong order.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 04:28:52 pm »

Acquire a white test lab rat, and put in it safe lab condition where a energized beam lens can bombard it with gamma radiation with the mutation of its dna genome, making a monstrous lab rat the size of a large dog through gamma ray bombardment

[1d6+1+skill bonus = 2+1+1 = 4] You head to the animal room and grab a rat cage with rat, then a dog cage without dog, then put the rat cage inside the dog cage. You take it to the gamma beam, strap it down, and turn the gamma beam on. Through the power of origin stories, the rat grows and grows, breaking free of the restraints. It sniffs around curiously.

Make sure that the leyline wiring for my current project is set up correctly. I need those wires in a pentacle on the floor, but I can't have them touching at any points or else it'll all short out, and I need all the magic currents to be moving and shaped properly for test to go correctly.
Just so we're clear, I'm currently trying to summon a block of bronze that is exactly 1 foot on each side. I'm trying to figure out how precise this stuff is.

[1d6+1+skill bonus = 3+1+1 = 5] The ritual is ready. The leyline hums with millimeter precision at work. All that remains is to enact it.

Develop and construct solar panels effisent enough and sterdy enough to work in space

[1d6 = 4] They called you mad! They rejected your grant report due to bad spelling! But soon, you will lead humanity into the final frontier and they will do naught but gape!

Start experimenting with adding steel to a turtle Genetic (try to create Arons)

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You end up mixing turtle DNA with liquid steel. Based on your analysis, the resulting creature would have a white shell, grey body, and blue eyes. You shall call it… Aggron.

Test to see if my cloning set up works by cloning myself.

[1d6 + skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Your clone steps out of the cloning vat and kneels. Good thing you installed that control conditioning.

Try and make the rats smarter.

[1d6+1+skill bonus = 5+1+skill bonus = 5] Your genetic engineering works perfectly, and a new generation of lab rats chitter among themselves.

Seek any information on Rlyeh in database

[1d6 = 6] With trembling fingers, you put a dusty journal back on the shelves. The tales depicted within are almost too terrible to be real, and yet, your own discoveries have shown precedent for these beings. The depiction of Cthulhu still haunts your mind.

Attempt to build nascent AI by setting up artificial neural frameworks. Don't activate them yet once it's built, don't want my creation to start learning things in the wrong order.

[1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Neural nets. Perhaps not the most sophisticated of tools, but every FAI has to start somewhere.

Turn 1 end.
Turn 2 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 05:22:45 pm »

Perfect!
Flip the switch to activate the pentacle! I'll have a perfect cube in no time!
(Suggestions for rolls: 3 is what is very clearly not a cube, but proves that summoning works; 4 is a cube that has identical side measurements down to very small units; 5 is a platonically ideal cube and you can feel it; and 6 is 10 such cubes, stacked one on top of the other, and if they fall over it'll probably damage the pentacle so it is time to be careful ._.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 05:35:09 pm »

"Alas it works!"

Continue cloning until I have 8 clones total. Have each clone start exploring the city and bring back supplies for more cloning vats, a little at a time.

Question for the GM how long is each turn?
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 06:14:26 pm »

Develop a bio-inhibitor chip entirely made of bio-synthetic materials and through sedatives and surgery place it into the monstrous-sized white rat brain, allowing me to assume the intent of the rat and creating the initial mind command for to first guard the current location. The bio-inhibitor chip works through radar to rain waves obviously
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 08:48:14 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »

Develop the best rocket fuel theoreticly possible per unit mass, and then develop a better one
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 08:47:58 pm »

Activate an extremely restricted, limited version of my AI, so I can monitor exactly WHAT its learning, how fast its learning, as well as any "thoughts" it might have.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 09:17:14 pm »

Name:Dr. Adderson
Goal:Unlock the dormant potential of the brain for all to use.
Field of science that you excel in: Psionics.
Your greatest creation/discovery: psi-conditioning, a rigorous process that can (rarely) unlock latent psychic power.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 10:01:55 pm »

Name:Dr. Adderson
Goal:Unlock the dormant potential of the brain for all to use.
Field of science that you excel in: Psionics.
Your greatest creation/discovery: psi-conditioning, a rigorous process that can (rarely) unlock latent psychic power.

Accepted because I have way too much time on my hands. You may post your action for this turn now.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2018, 10:30:53 pm »

make a copy of Aggron DNA and start modify it so the species starts looking as a Aron when child and slowly becomes an Aggron when adult.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2018, 10:42:28 pm »

find a good military candidate to become a psychic, then start studying their brains via MRI to judge the differences between regular people and awoken psychics.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 05:27:23 am »

Teach them to speak, if that doesn't work modify there vocal cords so can make sounds more like a human, then teach them to talk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 09:21:33 am »

Figure out best place to send archeological expedition to seek eldritch things in Egypt

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:14 pm »

Perfect!
Flip the switch to activate the pentacle! I'll have a perfect cube in no time!
(Suggestions for rolls: 3 is what is very clearly not a cube, but proves that summoning works; 4 is a cube that has identical side measurements down to very small units; 5 is a platonically ideal cube and you can feel it; and 6 is 10 such cubes, stacked one on top of the other, and if they fall over it'll probably damage the pentacle so it is time to be careful ._.)

[1d6+1+skill bonus+1 (well prepared) = 1+1+1+1 = 4] A cube of seventeen hundred and twenty-eight cubic inches of bronze appears out of thin air and drops to the ground. The floor shakes noticeably from the impact but does not give.

"Alas it works!"

Continue cloning until I have 8 clones total. Have each clone start exploring the city and bring back supplies for more cloning vats, a little at a time.

Question for the GM how long is each turn?

(cloning)[1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You only manage to get three more clones done before you get bored of the repetitive work and go watch television.

(cloning vats)[1d6 = 6] “News flash: Daylight robberies of hardware stores and electronics warehouses were carried out earlier today. The police say [1d6 = 3] that they are following up on the statements of witnesses that all of the culprits looked identical.” Well, that can’t be good.

Develop a bio-inhibitor chip entirely made of bio-synthetic materials and through sedatives and surgery place it into the monstrous-sized white rat brain, allowing me to assume the intent of the rat and creating the initial mind command for to first guard the current location. The bio-inhibitor chip works through radar to rain waves obviously

[1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] The bio-inhibitor chip is created without too much trouble, and fortunately the rat is docile enough to make the injection of the sedatives easy. After the surgery, the rat begins patrolling the corridors of the laboratory.

Develop the best rocket fuel theoreticly possible per unit mass, and then develop a better one

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] Well, that was easy. That accursed Tsiolkovsky rocket equation is much less of a concern than it was previously.

Activate an extremely restricted, limited version of my AI, so I can monitor exactly WHAT its learning, how fast its learning, as well as any "thoughts" it might have.

(restrictions) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You managed to strike the perfect balance between a singularity and a snail’s pace.

(topics) [random wikipedia article = the 1905 Boston Beaneaters season] For some reason, your AI is looking up… baseball?
(speed) [1d6 = 3] It’s only just finished a single article on the topic, though, and an obscure one at that.
(disposition) [1d6 = 3] It is very confused as to why baseball even exists, and is starting to develop an animosity for the sport.

make a copy of Aggron DNA and start modify it so the species starts looking as a Aron when child and slowly becomes an Aggron when adult.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You accomplished your goal, and even managed to throw in an adolescent form too. You call the adolescent form “Lairon”.

find a good military candidate to become a psychic, then start studying their brains via MRI to judge the differences between regular people and awoken psychics.

(find a candidate) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] Unfortunately, the only person with psychic powers you found was from the FBI.

(study the difference) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] After some study, you have discovered several noticeable differences in the brains of psychics.

Teach them to speak, if that doesn't work modify there vocal cords so can make sounds more like a human, then teach them to talk.

[1d6+1 = 3+1 = 4] After much trial and error, you begin with numbers and expand outwards to give them a basic grasp of the English language.

Figure out best place to send archeological expedition to seek eldritch things in Egypt

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] After various methods of investigation, you have determined that the place most likely to hold eldritch things in Egypt is a newly discovered pyramid with writing in the eldritch language on the outside.

Turn 2 end.
Turn 3 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:36:33 pm by The_Two_Eternities »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 06:32:37 pm »

Excellent feed bulbasaur then investigate if there are scientists specialized in either moving trough dimensions (Ghost types), physics powers (Physic types), improving animals/creating monsters or magic (fairy types)and how hard would be contacting then
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42