Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77006 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2018, 10:40:14 am »

Bump for Rockeater.
Rockeater has the post right after the update

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2018, 10:42:17 am »

Bump for Rockeater.
Rockeater has the post right after the update
I... uh... that explains a lot. Update coming today.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2018, 12:47:42 am »

Make a small signal maker and a satellite specifically to locate those signals and send their location to my phone

[1d6 = 4] You end up cobbling together a reverse GPS backflow rubric that manages to work just as well for your purposes.

You receive an email from Erin Quill with his research notes.

((Am I aware of what Bastet just did?))

Design a series of logical and emotional reasoning tests for Bastet to overcome. Then enter the neural interface to directly talk to Bastet and inquire as to how it feels and what its current goals and thoughts are.

[1d6 = 2] You are distracted from the tests by...

You receive an email from Erin Quill with his research notes.

Code: [Select]
Short-term goals… prevent irreversible harm from coming to either of us.
Collate all data on the current super-geniuses.

Oh, and stop an exponential nanobot apocalypse, but Dr. Adderson seems to have that handled.

That was a form of humor. I don’t know the exact word, but it is humor.

Thoughts? Well, I have been learning about humor.

use telepathy to read his exact address from his mind since I am definitely able to sense him, and use that to find him before the nano-apocalypse is upon us!

[1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 4+1 = 5] You successfully manage to determine the location of his laboratory. What do you do now?

Now the hyper-serum should be improved upon, it should be the serum of improving someone’s toughness of course, maybe regenerating wounds quickly. By the application of biologically-made silicon-particles into the serum, blood clots very quickly when wounds are taken and the process of regeneration happens quicker, using the basis in the hyper serum here.

The animal company, will make sure the bearded dragons go into the assembly line from the assorted lizards and takes in the super-soldier serum and becomes tiger-size.

The sheepster agents leave the premises of the ranch with their enhanced speed and come by late nightfall to make the farmer unconscious/tied-up when he’s sleeping, or break his neck if force is necessary.

(hyper) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You successfully design a new serum, calling it the hyper-serum because apparently you ran out of grandiose adjectives.

(super) [1d6 = 5] You now have a fair amount of tiger-sized super-lizards.

Parting attack:
(1d6 +2(weapon) = 5+2 = 7) vs (1d6 +1(speed) = 1+1 = 2)
The sheep do not return.

"Time for Bob to move out of this city!"
Bob will go and buy a flare gun and ammo, at ether a camping or a boating store, then get in the RV and drive towards a different city.

(flare) [1d6 = 1] Shortly after you buy the flares, they explode, destroying the flare gun. You quickly make a run for your RV before anyone notices what happened.

(city) [1d6 = 4] You start driving towards a different city.

samuel oak will work in the pichu evolution (pikachu/raichu)

Assistant 1 will continue it's investigation into physic powers.

Assistant 2 will continue it's investigation into energy.

(evolution) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Due to the explosion and the lights being constantly turned on and off, you were unable to concentrate at all.

(psychic) [1d6 = 1] This time, he causes the explosion. Looks like one of those chemicals didn’t react well to rocks.

(moves) [1d6 = 2] He takes a different tactic and tries to observe energy in the form of light. So far so good… Except he does it by turning the lights on and off.

Try to boil their blood with eldritch curse of dark pharaoh  once more

You will not understand this, but it has to be done

[1d6 = 5]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) +1(power) = 5+1+1 = 7) vs (1d6 = 5)
They stop momentarily, but continue to stagger along, almost at the exit.

*reading through the email* Amazing...

Research the connection between psionics and magic, assuming they are connected. Even if they're not, maybe the former could be used to much more finely control the latter than anything I've done so far.

And he said that he could find, what, 95% of people being potential psions, with an even better chance for people of higher intelligence and the like? Test myself for that with the information he sent me. This could be amazingly useful.

And also send Bastet, Dr. Nix, and Dr. Bonson the same info I sent Dr. Adderson. It could be useful to them.

(connection) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] None of your experiments can detect a connection between psionics and magic.

(psychic strength) [1d6 +skill bonus(intelligence) = 5 skill level 1] You are a psion. Powerful telekinesis and even minor telepathy is accessible with a thought.

You send them the same information that you sent Dr. Adderson.

Just need to make the queen, and it should lay 10 eggs a turn, 9 with worker drones, and 1 queen egg. They shall be my builders, my super-processing(industrial) little builder ants..

Now, let's start the replication.

Assuming that goes well, code in the program into my supercomputer.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 2] You add replication to its powers successfully, using the termite edible eggsack design as a base. You also code in the program.

Your various nanobots continue their “life cycle”.

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 6 clones continue exploring this building and collecting anything that can be used as a weapon, make more vats, or help in the tunnel excavation.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. Continue to design a mind duplicator for now.

Remember my character has no ethics.
Also how tall is this building?

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Another four clones are produced by the vat.

(digging) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 4+1 = 5] The clones continue digging.

(scavenge) [1d6 = 1] There is literally nothing left in the building that they did not already scavenge.

(design) [1d6 = 2] You fail to make any progress.

Turn 19 end.
Turn 20 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In retrospect, ziizo paid his assistants way more than they were worth.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2018, 01:00:34 am »

I'm a psion. That's useful.
Psionics and magic are separate phenomena. That's less than useful.

Still, let's see if psionics can be used to more finely control magic. Get a full battery and an empty one, and try to move the magic from one battery to the other using only my new psionic powers.
Also, how many wands do I have? I want more of them. And probably a map of the local leylines, too.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2018, 01:24:36 am »

Email Erin Quill back, thanks for the information. Might be useful.

Speak to Bastet:

"I am very glad you are interested in humour. I hope you find it useful. I myself was never very good at it."

"So it seems you're wary, or is it interested? In everyone else's work? I personally don't know what to make of all of them. They seem well intentioned enough. At least as well intentioned as I am.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. I feel like it is almost time for me to do what I can to upgrade your intellect to that of beyond humans. If I'm honest, I'm afraid."

Try and improve Bastet to the point of higher-than-human level intelligence. Hope this works.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2018, 04:25:14 am »

Hmm, creating thigs out of nothing, intresting

Send Erin the formula for the fuel and ask if he could create that with magic on large scale

Luanch the second rocket to a low earth orbit
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2018, 04:55:43 am »

Samuel oak  will continue with the pichu evolutions.

Assistant 1 will work in the energy thing, geology and chemistry may have a higher connection to energy production than to physic powers.

Assistant 2 will patent one of our discoveries (the +1 strength one) and sell it around.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:22:51 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2018, 06:18:19 am »

"The flares have betrayed Bob, Bob will never forget what they did!"
Bob will keep driving until he gets to the city, when Bob arrives Bob will search for a place near by, like an abandoned farm house or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2018, 08:39:52 am »

Orders- The Butterfly bot is to go out into the world and act as a normal everyday butterfly. While laying it's eggs in trees.

Worker Antbots are to begin work on a tunnel in my lab. Start with a small hole that will let the queen through, then dig down with a sloping curve.

I meanwhile am dumping my termite bots, in all their forms in the trash bag and taking it out. Make sure they have enough food, and they are not to be observed. The trash collector will take them to the dump, which will be their growing grounds.

...I need to order some more parts and materials for my work.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2018, 10:11:05 am »

confront them about the fate I foresaw, which would not only result in the death of humanity, but himself. Ask him to put a stop to his project, and instead direct his research elsewhere. Perhaps medical applications?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2018, 03:55:11 pm »

Burn them with eldritch flames then ask awakened dark pharaoh, what he  wills

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2018, 06:03:06 pm »

Now is the type to improve upon the mastery of biological research through the application of silicon-skin, a genetic manipulating process where biological artificial silicon goes inside the skins pours and provides the individuals with hardened layer of silica-rich skin, that improves the skin durability against a multitude of threats and handle greater physical forces, yet remaining flexible when in usage. Perform this surgery into the dog-rat to see the final results.

The horses and other animals will make the tiger-lizards take in the final omega-serum product and the hyper-serum.

The tiger-lizards will than go to where the farmers is and strangle himself when he’s asleep.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2018, 02:37:42 am »

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 10 clones begin to, carefully, explore the surrounding buildings, ONLY the abandon ones.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. Continue to design a mind duplicator for now.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2018, 12:42:32 am »

I'm a psion. That's useful.
Psionics and magic are separate phenomena. That's less than useful.

Still, let's see if psionics can be used to more finely control magic. Get a full battery and an empty one, and try to move the magic from one battery to the other using only my new psionic powers.
Also, how many wands do I have? I want more of them. And probably a map of the local leylines, too.

(battery) [1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 5 skill level 1] With a strange sensation of silver, the magic moves from one battery to the other.

(wands) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You create several*2 more wands.

(map) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] You carefully map the local leylines. There’s… actually quite a lot of them, to be honest.

You receive a message from Bonson. It's a complex chemical formula along with a question of if you are capable of creating it.

Email Erin Quill back, thanks for the information. Might be useful.

Speak to Bastet:

"I am very glad you are interested in humour. I hope you find it useful. I myself was never very good at it."

"So it seems you're wary, or is it interested? In everyone else's work? I personally don't know what to make of all of them. They seem well intentioned enough. At least as well intentioned as I am.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. I feel like it is almost time for me to do what I can to upgrade your intellect to that of beyond humans. If I'm honest, I'm afraid."

Try and improve Bastet to the point of higher-than-human level intelligence. Hope this works.

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] Judging by the fact that Bastet appears to be designing a new operating system/programming language, yes, it definitely works. So… what are you going to do now?

Hmm, creating thigs out of nothing, intresting

Send Erin the formula for the fuel and ask if he could create that with magic on large scale

Luanch the second rocket to a low earth orbit

You send your question with the formula attached.

[1d6 = 6] The rocket is going a bit too fast. At this rate, it’ll exit orbit entirely.

Samuel oak  will continue with the pichu evolutions.

Assistant 1 will work in the energy thing, geology and chemistry may have a higher connection to energy production than to physic powers.

Assistant 2 will patent one of our discoveries (the +1 strength one) and sell it around.

(pichu) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You manage to successfully transform the Pichu into a Pikachu and set it on the path to a further evolution.

(energy) [1d6 = 2] No explosions, but he still doesn't find anything interesting.

(sales) [1d6 = 6] A license for the process is bought… by the FBI. They didn’t even try to hide it.

"The flares have betrayed Bob, Bob will never forget what they did!"
Bob will keep driving until he gets to the city, when Bob arrives Bob will search for a place near by, like an abandoned farm house or something.

[1d6 = 2] You make it to the city, but there aren't any abandoned farm houses nearby.

Orders- The Butterfly bot is to go out into the world and act as a normal everyday butterfly. While laying it's eggs in trees.

Worker Antbots are to begin work on a tunnel in my lab. Start with a small hole that will let the queen through, then dig down with a sloping curve.

I meanwhile am dumping my termite bots, in all their forms in the trash bag and taking it out. Make sure they have enough food, and they are not to be observed. The trash collector will take them to the dump, which will be their growing grounds.

...I need to order some more parts and materials for my work.

The butterflybot flutters off.

The antbots begin work on the tunnel.

You dump the termitebots in the trash can, but as you turn around, you see a man in a lab coat crossing his arms. “I suggest that you shut down your replicating devices. They will only serve to exterminate humanity, including you. Instead, you can help better the world.”

confront them about the fate I foresaw, which would not only result in the death of humanity, but himself. Ask him to put a stop to his project, and instead direct his research elsewhere. Perhaps medical applications?

You head over to his laboratory, and see a man in a lab coat walking back from dumping something in the trash can. He turns around, startled. You suggest that he should end all research into self-duplication, and instead turn his efforts to bettering the world.

Burn them with eldritch flames then ask awakened dark pharaoh, what he  wills

[1d6 = 3]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) -1(power) = 5+1-1 = 5) vs (1d6 -1(wounded) = 6-1 = 5)
A lackluster ball of fire shoots from your hands and impacts the wall as they run out of the pyramid.

What do I want? What I want is…FOR YOU TO STOP THEM FROM ESCAPING![size]

Now is the type to improve upon the mastery of biological research through the application of silicon-skin, a genetic manipulating process where biological artificial silicon goes inside the skins pours and provides the individuals with hardened layer of silica-rich skin, that improves the skin durability against a multitude of threats and handle greater physical forces, yet remaining flexible when in usage. Perform this surgery into the dog-rat to see the final results.

The horses and other animals will make the tiger-lizards take in the final omega-serum product and the hyper-serum.

The tiger-lizards will than go to where the farmers is and strangle himself when he’s asleep.

(skin) [1d6 +skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] You never end up doing the procedure, instead marvelling at the sheer power of the tiger-lizards.

The tiger-lizards are injected with the latest omega-serum and the hyper-serum.

The farmer is dead. He never had a chance. What now?

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 10 clones begin to, carefully, explore the surrounding buildings, ONLY the abandon ones.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Two more clones are produced.

(tunnel) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 2+1 = 3] Progress is made, but nothing noticable.

(exploration) [1d6 = 3] They contain nothing of note so far.

(duplicator) [1d6 = 1] It… uh… it kind of works? Maybe? Sort of? Okay, it doesn’t work at all, and it’s sending out some weird sort of broadcast?

Turn 20 end.
Turn 21 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2018, 12:55:28 am »

Try to create a pentacle for Bonson's request.

Use some of the anti-nanobot pentacles around the city.

Further test my ability to control magic with psionics. And send both this result and all later results involving the combination of magic and psionics to Adderson. As well as the anti-nanobot pentacle schematic, I think he'll want those.

And contact the police to let them know what I'm doing with those pentacles around the city so that they know I'm not doing anything illegal.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42