Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78018 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2018, 10:52:47 am »

"Do you really think a brain such as mine is so simple?"

"In any case, may I ask what your goal is? Most people would think World Domination of any sort to be something they should stop?"

OoC- I would assume I just did, my machines are under the program. And it's not connected to the normal communications network, nor meant to access such a thing.

Also, do you actually have mind reading?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2018, 12:13:25 pm »

”Its not a matter of how simple, it is a matter of how rational. there’s a reason behind the “mad scientist” trope you know. I honestly wouldnt put it past others or even myself to have good intentions, but be so messed up in the head to not know when they’re doing morally questionable or objectional things. I’ve already had to resolve one such problem with my research as it stands.

As for what my research is? I would hope that would be common knowledge by now, but I am trying to improve humanity via psionic power. Give everyone a new tool they never knew they had, while trying to prevent some of the backdraws such as mind control becoming a potentially common practice.

World domination can be good or bad, depending on the leader’s goals and methods. I personally could care less who is in charge as long as they do not destroy the planet or kill everyone off in the process. The only reason I acted against you was to preserve my research, which is inherently intwined with the human race as a whole.

If people do not agree with your ideals and plans, then they will attempt to stop you, and that is their own decision. I have made mine, and have no reason to oppose you for the moment.”

it’s more of a wrap-up line than it is an actual action.
also,I am fairly sure that i do, and that mind-reading also falls under telepathy.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:15:05 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:23 pm »

"Hmph.. Well, I suppose that's fine then. Not having anything to rule over would be, unsatisfying."

... "Well, if your goal is preservation, having your number would be useful. It also seems I may need to up my safety procedures, if something has the potential to take control of my tech."

"My most useful creation at the moment is probably my modular computer. I suppose patenting a version of it would help with funds. Do you happen to have any contacts, know any good lawyers? And by that, I mean someone who isn't going to sell out, as well as make me a tidy profit."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2018, 01:03:59 pm »

”I have a collegue named Erin Quill. he might be able to help you with that, or at least allow you to provide and recieve contact information for me and a few other scientists. You’re on your own with the patent though.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2018, 01:13:13 pm »

Wrap up the Tea and Q session, get the contact info, and get to work on that nano-scrubber idea. Hmm, maybe make it so the carbon will be used to grow new leaves via a seed the size of an acorn?

Create a Nano-scrubber, it will capture CO2 and break it down into Carbon and Oxygen. The Oxygen will be released while the Carbon is comes out in a solid-ish form, the atoms bonded to each other for later use.

Needless to say, I don't really need it to be as small as normal, see if I can't make it like a Bell plant of some sort.

Seed idea, as well as the excess carbon molecules being stored for later use. Make sure it has the subspace communicator built into the system and replication process. As well as a clear stop/start code.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2018, 01:40:35 pm »

Smite heathens with eldritch flames, none shall escape

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2018, 10:23:33 pm »

Have the tiger-lizards assault a rest stop where a semi-truck lies and kills the driver during sleep and nighttime, where I, Allam, inject myself with the omega-serum and go to the semi-truck and drive it to where my lab is

The other animals with opposable thumbs will construct wheels on the assembly line, the serum blueprints, and gamma ray emitter and when the the semi-truck is at the laboratory, load all the resources on the lab, go to the ranch, and start operations there

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2018, 04:19:07 pm »

Try to create a pentacle for Bonson's request.

Use some of the anti-nanobot pentacles around the city.

Further test my ability to control magic with psionics. And send both this result and all later results involving the combination of magic and psionics to Adderson. As well as the anti-nanobot pentacle schematic, I think he'll want those.

And contact the police to let them know what I'm doing with those pentacles around the city so that they know I'm not doing anything illegal.

(request) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 3+1+1 = 5] You set up the pentacle, but as it is now it’ll just create the desired substance above the pentacle on your floor, which isn’t a good thing when dealing with the kind of chemicals Bonson would want you to make. You’d have to add some sort of outer pentacle to create a container for the substance at the same time.

You receive a text from Dr. Adderson; “Meeting with nanobot scientist, assume nanopocalypse if no follow-up message received within 2 hrs”; and quickly text him back; “Message received, trying to destroy nanobots”

(anti) [1d6 = 5] Over the course of a hour or so, you manage to destroy a little over a thousand spiderlike robots, but before you destroy the last group, they assemble into a sphere and stop moving. You still destroy them, though.

Then, you receive another text from Dr. Adderson. “Situation handled.”

(control) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You can also, it seems, replicate the effects of resistors, diodes, and bismuth with concentration.

The police shrug and make a note of it, apparently mollified by your association with Dr. Adderson.

Scan my brain, and once the full neural scan is done, isolate the parts of my scanned mind that is responsible for "good" and "evil" decision making, according to the most objective metrics of morality in current human society.

From this, try and construct two separate, more limited AI that still act from the perspective of my own scanned mind, but with one AI capable of only good decisions, and the other capable of only evil decisions. Essentially creating AI equivalents of a shoulder angel and devil, borne from my psychological profile and neural framework.

After that, check in on how Bastet is doing.

(scan) [1d6 = 1] As another scientist discovered before you, scanning someone’s brain is actually really hard, not to mention trying to define morality on top of that.

Bastet is still busy designing an operating system/programming language.

Try to land the rocket in what I assume is a close proximity to the first one, I don't care if the rocket survive

[1d6 = 3] Well, it’s less of a “landing” and more of a “Kinetic Kill Vehicle”, but at least the explosion wasn’t near anything important.

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 12 clones continue to, carefully, explore the surrounding buildings, ONLY the abandon ones, slowly expanding out until they find an abandon building.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. Continue to design a mind duplicator for now.Turn it off and scrap it. Starting over from scratch on the mind duplicator idea.

How big is my tunnel, how many rooms have been dug out, can I start putting equipment in it.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Another two clones.

(tunnel) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 2+1 = 3] No noticeable progress.

(explore) [1d6 = 2] No progress made.

You scrap (literally) the… broadcasty thingy.

samuel Oak will start working into creating a organic poison that doesn't kill just weakens someone over time until they fall unconscious.

Assistant 1 will use the money of our latest sale to the FBI to hire a caretaker for the Pokemon.

Assistant 2 will investigate The existence of physic powers.

(poison) [1d6 = 5] You successfully create such a poison, which can even be absorbed through the skin.

(caretaker) [1d6 = 3] He’s having trouble finding someone with the necessary skill sets.

(psychic) [1d6 = 3] One of the rock experiments has produced some sort of result, but he’s not sure what it means.

Bob will go to a state park than is near the city and find a spot to park far away from others, then Bob will equip the gas mask and make some smoke bombs inside the RV.

[1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] You now have several quality smoke bombs.

Spoiler: Kind of long (click to show/hide)

Smite heathens with eldritch flames, none shall escape

[1d6 = 4]
(1d6 +1(eldritch) = 3+1 = 4) vs (1d6 = 4)

They run off to the side, no longer visible from inside the pyramid.

Have the tiger-lizards assault a rest stop where a semi-truck lies and kills the driver during sleep and nighttime, where I, Allam, inject myself with the omega-serum and go to the semi-truck and drive it to where my lab is

The other animals with opposable thumbs will construct wheels on the assembly line, the serum blueprints, and gamma ray emitter and when the the semi-truck is at the laboratory, load all the resources on the lab, go to the ranch, and start operations there

They do that.

You inject yourself with the omega-serum and get the semi-truck without any problems.

(wheels) [1d6 = 2] It turns out that you can’t exactly put wheels on an entire assembly line. Maybe try disassembling it first.

Turn 21 end.
Turn 22 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2018, 04:25:33 pm »

Clones: 1 continues to use the cloning vat, max clones of 30; the clones digging(4) keep digging; the remaining 14 clones continue to, carefully, explore the surrounding buildings, ONLY the abandon ones, slowly expanding out until they find an abandon building.

I refuse to abandon the idea of a mind duplicator. Begin again to design a mind duplicator for now.

Never got this answered -->How big is my tunnel, how many rooms have been dug out, can I start putting equipment in it.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2018, 04:41:54 pm »

Design a limited use AI to assist in my previous brain scanning Angel & Demon action, if I can't do it just by myself.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2018, 05:26:47 pm »

Work to be done now that that guy is gone.

First, let's open up the program for the spiderbots. Linking-IN data feed to Hub Program.

Data Link Established

Now, tap*tap`.

Open up the feeds and overlay them, let's see what they saw..

Hmm? What's this info?

Examine the data the bots experienced in their final moments, and section it off in a Read-only file.

{I really should get a coding skill from everything I've been doing}

"I'll go over this later.. For now..."

Shut down cores with the other nano-programs, and leave the Ant-program and Hub-program, as well as that Read-only file online.
Code a Firewall to seal the data from outside interference, as well as a kill switch should the wall be breached, which will immediately shut done those cores, as well as the attached nanobots.

From there, boot up the replacement cores, And code in a general computer program interface.

That done, see about how to register a Patent for my CO2 Scrubber Bell Plant. Online, process the deeds, and, done. Send a message to the local mayor's office to ask for a meeting to sell my invention.

Once done with all that, start on blueprints for Nervegear. This will use all my brilliance to create a machine that can scan, stop, send, and interpret thought as soon as the nerves send the signal. Other than having medical properties, it should prove a good gaming system for VR.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:18:24 pm by TricMagic »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »

Return to refining my existing psychic powers along with those of my test partners. Lets see if we can find out any new techniques.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 23, 2018, 06:21:57 pm »

Try to develop a "meta-pattern" that can be put into other pentacles to cause their contents to be summoned within a suitable container; in this context, a fuel tank.

Attempt to visualize the pentacle that I used to summon the 1-inch cube of titanium and see if my psionics magic duplication allows me to replicate that without a wand or pentacle.

Start writing up some formal research papers on my findings, so that I'll be able to let people know.

As usual, make sure to send all my findings on the cross-section of magic and psionics to Dr. Adderson.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2018, 10:29:13 pm »

samuel oak will use the new poison and rattlesnake DNA to create a ekans.

Assistant 1 Will continue with the search for a caretaker for the Pokemon.

Assistant 2 will continue with the physic powers. maybe he can use internet to see if there is a scientist already working on it?
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:32 pm »

Run after fleeing archeologists to finish them with eldritch flames
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42