Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77736 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (alive)
« Reply #495 on: December 09, 2018, 02:46:10 pm »

Nahizlet Jatkaa Qurrezekh
  Unleash the might of pyramid curse upon intruders, their blood will boil beneath their skin

Draw protective circle around me to protect from hounds and bullets

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 09, 2018, 03:15:30 pm »

"Hello, I can use your help for construction in space"

"Well, this is a surprise. What is it you need my esteemed help with, Mr???
Bonson, Dr.Bonson, you see, my vision is for a highly connected solar system where getting from one point to another is fast and cheap, for that I need massive construction project for rockets for the travel and places where people could live and work all across the system, that where you can come in and help, are you interested?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 09, 2018, 06:21:10 pm »

Bonson, Dr.Bonson, you see, my vision is for a highly connected solar system where getting from one point to another is fast and cheap, for that I need massive construction project for rockets for the travel and places where people could live and work all across the system, that where you can come in and help, are you interested?

"I would be intereseted in a collaboration. Would you mind coming over to my lab so we can discuss things in further detail?"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:13 am »

"I would be intereseted in a collaboration. Would you mind coming over to my lab so we can discuss things in further detail?"
"No problems"
Draw blueprints of the rocket I use and go to his lab
(I assume I get the address)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 10, 2018, 08:45:36 am »

(yes, you do.)

Hmm... That might prove useful, if I can get the portal technology working.

Set up a proof of concept using two Arch Portals in my lab. Get the math all done before this person gets here. Remember to apply proper safety procedures.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2018, 06:57:14 pm »

Ask Bastet if they can contact both Quill and Anamolate, and open proper contact. See if we can establish a quid pro quo sort of deal where we help them with whatever problems they have in return for the means to create a self sufficient production base.

For my part, try removing further restrictions from Bastet. Hopefully it will be stable, but until the restrictions are removed Bastet can really only progress so much.

Code: [Select]
I have already contacted Quill. He is currently working on the first step in the production base. I am unsure if he has any pressing problems. Actually… there was one thing he asked me to do.

As for Anamolate… contact may be necessary, but he appears to be busy. I can wait for Quill’s part to be completed.

(intelligence increase) [1d6 +4 skill bonuses = 5 skill level 3]
You successfully remove the second-to-last set of restrictions from Bastet.

"Bob's glad the deer finally learned something from Bob."
Teach the deer about chemistry, and make some black gunpowder.

(teach) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5]
(learn) [1d6 = 3]
You teach the deer basic chemistry.

(gunpowder) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] That is a fairly large amount of gunpowder.

Professor Oak will continue studying magic theory.
Professor Elm will start creating a Sandshrew.
Assistant will work Continue with the Bonsly. (also he will be told that bonslys aren't a plant but a rock mimicking a plant.)

(study) [1d6 = 1] Note to self:  “study” does not mean “make a random design and test it”. Even after you did that one time before.
(backlash) [1d6 = 5] Well, you didn’t even get an explosion this time! Hopefully that means you’re getting better.

(sandshrew) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Professor Elm creates a Sandshrew.

(bonsly) [1d6 = 1] That information only served to confuse him more, with his latest design being a rock with leaves glued to it with sap.

Well, I guess it’s time to try out paracuting. Ask one of the attendants to keep my luggage safe at the airport for the return trip.
Get the parachute, read the instructions, put it on, open the airlock and lets do this thing! hopefully the other passengers have oxygen masks.

The intercom crackles again as you are reading the instructions. “I’ll make sure to keep it safe. It’s just me and you right now, Doctor, since this might not strictly be approved by the local auth- hang on, got to make sure you get to the ground in one piece.”

Parachuting time!

A scene of pure chaos stretches out three thousand feet below you. Dozens of mummy-like creatures shamble around aimlessly, and dozens of unearthly wolves are leaping towards a warlock shrouded in almost tangible shadow, while something only comprehensible through your psychic might looms over them, with hundreds of soldiers firing at them all. The wolves receive the worst of the gunfire, being wiped out utterly, while the rest take no noticeable damage… except for the warlock. A sniper team fires almost in unison.

The warlock falls.

Then he stands back up.

Then the soldiers fall down.

And that is when you land on the ground and throw off your parachute perhaps fifty feet away from the warlock.

DYNO MIGHT REACTA YATAA

Check out my CATALYST BEAM,if it is charged or not(it didnt want to work properly before,remember?) and shoot-shoot some liquid nitrogen and hydrogen to create metallic variants of those. You know. Metallic hydrogen. Metallic nitrogen. Superconducting stuff. Actually exists. Actually stable at room temp.

[1d6+1 = 3+1 = 4] You now have blobs of metallic hydrogen and nitrogen. What won’t scientists discover next?

Continue working on the conjugation circle. Make sure to be careful; any errors are likely to completely screw his up.
I’d rather make no progress than have progress with mistakes, here.

I guess I can wait until later to try magicing up a computer.

I know I had a made a magic-measuring device at some point. Let’s take a silver wire, put it in a leyline, and measure how much magic is there. This will be on thaum of magic.

What has my hiree done since I last checked on him? Anything?
If he’s not doing anything else, have him go out and look for people that may want assistance with magic.

EDIT: How did I not think of this earlier... note to self, look into the possibility of repair/healing circles and wands for later.

(conjuration) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You take time to carefully go over the circle so far. You don’t have time to continue working on it, however.

And so, the thaum was defined as the amount of magic flowing through a leyline in one second.

The hiree begins work on a repair pentacle.
(repair) [1d6 = 3] It works on blocks of wood or metal, and even somewhat on clothes, but the copy-and-paste style of the pentacle made the test on a book a failure.

Kill myself and everyone I can, telekinesis will not stop me!

Telekinesis stops you from doing anything more than wobble awkwardly. You are handcuffed and placed in the back of a van along with several clones and two purple-uniformed guards.

Nahizlet Jatkaa Qurrezekh
  Unleash the might of pyramid curse upon intruders, their blood will boil beneath their skin

Draw protective circle around me to protect from hounds and bullets

(curse) [1d6 +2(eldritchness) -1(severely wounded) = 6+2-1 = 7]
(1d6 +2(eldritchness) +2(power) -1(severely wounded) = 1+2+2-1 = 4) vs. (1d6 +5(numbers) = 6+5 = 11)
(backlash) (1d6 +2(power) = 3+2 = 5) vs. (1d6 +2(eldritchness) -1(severely wounded) = 3+2-1 = 4)
Once again, you fumble the curse horribly, and your blood warms uncomfortably.

(circle) [1d6 +2(eldritchness) -1(severely wounded) = 2+2-1 = 3] A meagre field of darkness wraps around you. It will protect from one volley of attacks, but likely not a second.

Another plane screams overhead, but it is different. Much smaller, much faster… and only a single paratrooper exits the plane.

Paratroopers vs. undead
(1d6 +2(accuracy) +3(weapons) +4(numbers) = 1+2+3+4 = 10) vs. (1d6 +2(numbers) +1(eldritchness) = 5+2+1 = 8)
Paratroopers vs. Hounds of Tindalos
(1d6 +2(accuracy) +3(weapons) +4(numbers) = 4+2+3+4 = 13) vs. (1d6 +3(numbers) +3(eldritchness) = 1+3+3 = 7)
Paratroopers vs. Dark Pharaoh
(1d6 +2(accuracy) +3(weapons) +4(numbers) = 6+2+3+4 = 15) vs. (1d6 +5(eldritchness) +3(intrigue) +2(size) = 2+5+3+2 = 12)
Sniper team vs. John West
(1d6 +2(accuracy) +4(weapons) +1(numbers) = 4+2+4+1 = 11) vs. (1d6 +2(eldritchness) +3(intrigue) -1(severely wounded) = 2+2+3-1 = 6)

The undead take little damage, and the Hounds of Tindalos are ripped to shreds. Truly, this is a glorious day. Even the Dark Pharaoh is not truly harmed by the gunfire.

And then three sniper bullets tear through your torso.

And then you still live.

The Dark Pharaoh rises, and his enemies fall.

And a new challenger approaches. A man wearing a ruffled but clean lab coat, a parachute resting a few feet from him. He is perhaps fifty feet away from you.

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)

Turn 34 end.
Turn 35 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (still alive)
« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2018, 07:04:17 pm »

boiii

Look into the magic properties of metallic nitrogen and hydrogen. Build a quantum teleporter thing.
I am a Goober.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2018, 07:18:57 pm »

Continue refining both types of pentacle. Additionally, let’s try sending some of the wands of turn undead and unconsciousness to Dr. Adderson.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2018, 07:58:39 pm »

Right, time to get down to buisness. probe that somehow unliving warlock guy’s mind for whatever relevant information I can, then try to mind control him and turn him against his master.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2018, 08:46:46 pm »

Professor Oak will study magic again.
Professor Elm will make so the sandshrew can evolve into sandslash
Assistant 2 will pick the notes about how to create a geodude and use that information as a help to create a bonsly.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2018, 09:45:04 pm »

Try to see if I have this power, if not swallow my cinide tab. If so use it to kill my guards quietly and quickly. 
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2018, 10:18:28 pm »

See how much money my lotto AI's are getting.

Do some research on my own regarding the practicality of Bastet being able to replicate itself like a virus by infecting other existing computers through the internet. My main concerns are:

1. If Bastet's neural stability will be compromised.
2. If Bastet will be able to maintain a singular cohesive identity, and not fragment into multiple conflicting copies.
3. Whether Bastet could remain undetected on a device if Bastet so chose.

Try and use my predictive AI to see what my odds are in pursuing this as well.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2018, 04:06:32 am »

Focus eldritch might with staff and smite man with eldritch lightening
Oh noble warriors of god pharaoh, this man is your rightful prey, rip him apart.
Unleash full might of pyramid curse upon this parachuting man

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2018, 04:50:31 am »

Teach the deer more stuff, then try to recruit some more deer to my cause.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2018, 03:06:59 am »

Show him the blueprints of the rocket "that will probably be something we will use a lot early on, can your nano machines build it?"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42