Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78664 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #360 on: October 28, 2018, 02:57:42 pm »

Samuel Oak will go back to work into creating the Ekans

Assistant 1 will go back to working into the biological energy generation project

Assistant 2 will study birds and write notes about what he would do to create the pidgey line.

The caretaker was hired to be an in-universe excuse to why the pokemons seem to be in a limbo when not interacted with so I will not give it actions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:01:53 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 28, 2018, 02:57:55 pm »

1. Try making a teleportation pentacle. Test it by teleporting stuff first to a designated location, then to a location directly next to a block, and if all that works, teleport the fuel to Bronson's location (plus a few feet to the left or something like that).

2. Figure out what the deal is with psionics magic and why it's exhausting me.

3. Cleab up that doc, I swear to god.

4. Maybe investigate other rumors of magic stuff? I wonder how much of that stuff was true.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 28, 2018, 03:18:54 pm »

Do a backround check on this oak person, and respond that I would be willing to assist but need to do some testing to see if other creatures can in fact gain psychic power.
speaking of that, have some assistants purchase a few monkeys since they have brains closer to ours than most other animals. Oh, and do another group doom-scry.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2018, 03:43:29 pm »

Fucking fine, you want a fight... well it’s time for some body bags.

Have the the tiger-lizards assault the SWAT teams with their improved speed and regenerative qualities, murdering all the infantry and taking out the armor, distracting time for the main forces.

The horses shall make sure all of the other mice’s and hamsters are injected with the super-soldier, hyper, and omega serums+gamma ray emitter and be prepared to murder the SWAT team for the following turn.

The dog-rat will inject himself with the hyper and omega serum, and the super-soldier serum. And get inside the semi-truck with its opposable thumbs and crash into the SWAT armored carriers.

Allam will inject himself with the hyper serum, and with the chaos of the animals rampaging against the SWAT. Will utilize his superior speed to leave the position and go to the ranch.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:09 pm »

While Bastet is busy upgrading its code, design a narrow simulation AI, one that can calculate data and create a probability based prediction of the future.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »

Your will be done, My lord, your enemies were obliterated. I would humbly ask you to grant me greater eldritch power and knowledge, so I can be truly worthy of being your vizier.

Now, assuming, that pnacotic manuscript was right .....we move to bringing our master, elder god Nyarlothotep into this world and are going to ten thousands years reign of dark pharaoh part of prophecy?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:01:47 am by sprinkled chariot »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:37 pm »

Close off the tunnel @ the warehouse. Have 6 clones dig a branching tunnel  to the west(unless that is the direction of the City Hall go another direction). Continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it. Have the clones move everything 2 rooms away from the warehouse and set up a guard in the room between(5 clones will be in this guard).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2018, 12:58:17 am »

Oh Right, this was an accident formed by miscalculation in the landing stage, it was suppose to land straight like another rocket that I landed somewhere in the area, which reminds me, I have something that might be of interest to some rocket scientists

1. Try making a teleportation pentacle. Test it by teleporting stuff first to a designated location, then to a location directly next to a block, and if all that works, teleport the fuel to Bronson's location (plus a few feet to the left or something like that).

If that goes well, the investigation is going to turn very interesting
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2018, 10:09:01 am »

"Crows talk to Bob, tell Bob things."
Bob should talk to the crows for a bit, then make more of the chemical that lets animals speak.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »

Have a discussion with the Mayor, and use my brainpower to bring him around to my way of thinking.

"This is only the start of it, and passing on Nano-tech patents to another will cause needless legal troubles."

"My main need right now is funding and prestige, I do not care much for money. I am willing to offer a flat rate for the city to make use of it however, a lump sum for 5 years of use. You can make and sell as many as you want, so long as the Patent remains in my name, and the jobs and manufacture is not outsourced too far in the first year."

"While this is a major development, I am currently working on more commercial ventures, medical and entertainment."

"Put simply, cleaner air and a base carbon as the byproduct will likely have many uses, and while the machine that makes it is mine, so long as none try to monopolize the base carbon itself, they can do what they will with it."

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2018, 06:56:30 pm »

In this turn: Shadowclaw makes a mistake.
True, but not specific.
In this turn: Shadowclaw underestimates his opponents.
But why was it an underestimate?
In this turn: The United States of America stops pulling its punches.
Yup, that sounds about right.

Samuel Oak will go back to work into creating the Ekans

Assistant 1 will go back to working into the biological energy generation project

Assistant 2 will study birds and write notes about what he would do to create the pidgey line.

The caretaker was hired to be an in-universe excuse to why the pokemons seem to be in a limbo when not interacted with so I will not give it actions.

(ekans) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You’re making progress, but a purple snake isn’t quite there yet.

(moves) [1d6 = 3] He thinks he’s got an idea, but nothing quite yet.

(pidgey) [1d6 = 6] He seems to have put too much effort into the notes and not enough into studying birds. An entire slideshow presentation… that calls a pidgeon “Avia Avis”.

Dr. Adderson responds, saying that he would be willing to assist but first needs to check if psychic powers are unique to humans.

2. Figure out what the deal is with psionics magic and why it's exhausting me.

3. Cleab up that doc, I swear to god.

4. Maybe investigate other rumors of magic stuff? I wonder how much of that stuff was true.

(teleportation) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 6-1+1 = 6] After several tests, you decide to just teleport the fuel to him directly since he isn’t answering the door to his lab, and you do so.

(research) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Apparently, when you try to cast magic without a battery, the magic is drawn from… your body? You’re still not quite sure on that subject, but you know that you should probably save doing so for emergencies.

(*clean) [1d6 = 2] You “cleab” up the doc. It’s still got random unrelated things everywhere, but now they’re about the Cambridge Land Economy Advisory Board instead of complete nonsense.

(rumors) [1d6 = 3] You start investigating, but are quickly distracted by the sounds of explosions and massed gunfire in the distance. What is going on over there?!?

Do a backround check on this oak person, and respond that I would be willing to assist but need to do some testing to see if other creatures can in fact gain psychic power.
speaking of that, have some assistants purchase a few monkeys since they have brains closer to ours than most other animals. Oh, and do another group doom-scry.

(investigation) [1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) = 1+1 = 2] Your computer is suddenly commandeered by a monkey, who proceeds to start banging on the keyboard randomly.

You end up sending the message from your phone, wanting to respond quickly.

(monkeys) [1d6 = 6] Apparently the assistants purchased some monkeys, but then the monkeys escaped their cages and now there’s just monkeys everywhere.

(doom) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(group) = 2+1+1 = 4] Surprisingly enough, the chances of an eschatological scenario are being… compressed, in a sense. All scenarios are growing less likely, except for one which is growing in likelyhood: Interdimensional invasion.

Fucking fine, you want a fight... well it’s time for some body bags.

Have the the tiger-lizards assault the SWAT teams with their improved speed and regenerative qualities, murdering all the infantry and taking out the armor, distracting time for the main forces.

The horses shall make sure all of the other mice’s and hamsters are injected with the super-soldier, hyper, and omega serums+gamma ray emitter and be prepared to murder the SWAT team for the following turn.

The dog-rat will inject himself with the hyper and omega serum, and the super-soldier serum. And get inside the semi-truck with its opposable thumbs and crash into the SWAT armored carriers.

Allam will inject himself with the hyper serum, and with the chaos of the animals rampaging against the SWAT. Will utilize his superior speed to leave the position and go to the ranch.

The tiger-lizards charge out the door, but are quickly destroyed by massed assault rifle and machine-gun fire.

The horses inject the mice with the hyper-serum, but accidentally kill a group of hamsters in their haste to administer the serums.

The dog-rat injects himself with the hyper-serum and omega-serum, but traps himself inside the super-soldier serum preparatory cage without turning on the gamma beam emitter.

And you? You make a run for it out the back exit, only to be deafened as half a dozen tanks shell the building. It doesn’t seem to have been damaged, but it still stuns you for a few precious seconds...

And when you look up, dozens of guns are pointed at you. They had the building surrounded.

While Bastet is busy upgrading its code, design a narrow simulation AI, one that can calculate data and create a probability based prediction of the future.

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully do so, but although it may be a powerful AI, it can only predict from the data given.

Your will be done, My lord, your enemies were obliterated. I would humbly ask you to grant me greater eldritch power and knowledge, so I can be truly worthy of being your vizier.

Now, assuming, that pnacotic manuscript was right .....we move to bringing our master, elder god Nyarlothotep into this world and are going to ten thousands years reign of dark pharaoh part of prophecy?

[1d6 +1(eldritch whims) = 3+1 = 4] A rush of eldritch power flows into you.
Very well.

Yes. I do think we will do that. First, however, we must build up our forces.

Close off the tunnel @ the warehouse. Have 6 clones dig a branching tunnel  to the west(unless that is the direction of the City Hall go another direction). Continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it. Have the clones move everything 2 rooms away from the warehouse and set up a guard in the room between(5 clones will be in this guard).

(close) [1d6 = 4] They seal off the warehouse end of the tunnel.

(branching) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 6-1 = 5] They dig a branching tunnel to the west about two blocks.

(duplicator) [1d6 = 6] Yet another variant of the mind broadcasty thingy.

The clones move everything to that room and set up a guard.

Oh Right, this was an accident formed by miscalculation in the landing stage, it was suppose to land straight like another rocket that I landed somewhere in the area, which reminds me, I have something that might be of interest to some rocket scientists

If that goes well, the investigation is going to turn very interesting

One of the men leans forward at your last sentence, but is shushed by the man in the center. “So what, you decided to remotely pilot a rocket by yourself with no training when it could just as easily have crashed into a city?”

And then with a popping noise several tanks of fuel appear on the ground. Your guards, startled, aim their rifles at the tanks momentarily, but more importantly, the man in the center… well, if looks could kill.

"Crows talk to Bob, tell Bob things."
Bob should talk to the crows for a bit, then make more of the chemical that lets animals speak.

The crows… don’t actually say anything interesting. Maybe they don’t know English?

[1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Maybe if you… no, that’s not it. No, that’s not it either. Ah, that’s- No! Bad crow! You don’t need to drink it again!

Have a discussion with the Mayor, and use my brainpower to bring him around to my way of thinking.

"This is only the start of it, and passing on Nano-tech patents to another will cause needless legal troubles."

"My main need right now is funding and prestige, I do not care much for money. I am willing to offer a flat rate for the city to make use of it however, a lump sum for 5 years of use. You can make and sell as many as you want, so long as the Patent remains in my name, and the jobs and manufacture is not outsourced too far in the first year."

"While this is a major development, I am currently working on more commercial ventures, medical and entertainment."

"Put simply, cleaner air and a base carbon as the byproduct will likely have many uses, and while the machine that makes it is mine, so long as none try to monopolize the base carbon itself, they can do what they will with it."

He seems to accept that line of reasoning, and the only thing left to do now is to haggle over the price.

Turn 24 end.
Turn 25 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:01 pm »

focus on the impending invasion with the scry! any details on where or who is trying to start this madness?

also, tell the assistants to call animal control and get those monkeys rounded up for testing. I said A FEW, not an armyoh, and see if the monkey that commandeered my computer wrote shakespeare.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:52:35 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2018, 07:42:17 pm »

I consider this pretty biased, since two developments into speedsters were made and no rolls on distraction or pretty much fucking anything, it’s just “hey I get to tell my story without any bs modifiers with the SWAT team being provided +90.” It’s like you don’t even understand the purpose of being a speedster is!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2018, 08:31:51 pm »

Its hard to tell without being able to see the rolls for that, which I cant. that said, This seems like a typical SWAT siege minus the part with tank shells.
also, they probably read the plan you were making right out of your mind, and had a ambush ready before you completed it. My fault on that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:34:34 pm by Dustan Hache »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2018, 09:08:02 pm »

First off I tell the clones I am impressed with how they got the truck down here. Second can I ever get the mind duplicator to be just that a duplicator and not a broadcaster, at least it is not actually working. Third it is time for some planing:
have another squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Continue to design a mind duplicator NOT BUILDING it just DESIGN it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:10:04 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42