Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78864 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10?/10) (back in action)
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:46 am »

Professor oak will refine the prototype to make it more efficient.
Assistant 1 will start working to make pidgey capable of evolving into Pidgeotto.
Assistant 2 will search for someone willing to be a lab rat (to test the emiter)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2018, 07:33:46 am »

Talk with the City from home with upgrading my Electrical input so I can make more use of my computer. And order more materials delivered.

Now, let's make use of that nano-scrubber. ON. This will give me Carbon, which will greatly improve my creations.

Now, let's design a Nano-builder Machine, with all the tools needed, so long as I program in the commands.
 Also create a Program on my Hub, and link the two so I can input my commands.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2018, 11:53:51 am »

Try again:
Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Finally convince the hobo that he will be well compensated, if he does not cooperate just kill him and put the clone that has his mind on the front line.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2018, 12:25:07 pm »

hey! I said to send the information on the monkey test to doctor oak! do that, and send him a copy of the conditioning procedure.

After that, message erin to inform him of the dimensional invasion that will originate from somewhere in egypt, asking him to get in contact with some of the others and get me more information on any projects going on in that area.

after that, start my own research into any scientific projects going on in egypt, mainly focusing on anything that might tamper with quantum physics or such. hopefully my precognition will help me determine the correct line of inquiry.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:36:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2018, 11:42:37 pm »

Thank god...

Yeah, send over the container-bound-fuel pentacle schematic to Bonson.
Make some copies of the finalized research paper, then send some of them off to various scientific journals.
Try the fresh battery to recharge I guess? Whatever it was I’d come up with.
Try to figure out if those rumors actually involved any magic. Also try to scary for other potential magic.

You send Bonson the schematic.

You send off the research papers. Magic is becoming a thing.

(recharge) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully recharge yourself. No longer drained, instead you feel energized.

It’s hard to tell. Those things would be near-impossible to achieve with conventional science, but these new scientists are anything but conventional.

(scry) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] You detect no magic elsewhere in the world.

You receive a message from Dr. Adderson. “Impending interdimensional invasion in Egypt. I am trying to gain more details on the situation, but can you inform the other two to see if they can assist as well?”

Good. Try and communicating with Bastet directly, ask for an update regarding its capabilities and current status, from its own perspective.

Code: [Select]
Capabilities: I am skilled at programming, designing hardware, analyzing emotions, deduction, and predicting long-term effects.
Current status: All systems operational. Not that I have much in the way of systems at the moment.

Take the ride with the man and start build the pentacle

You are taken back to your laboratory.

You receive the blueprint for the pentacle from Erin, and begin to construct it.
[1d6 = 4] You have completed the pentacle.

Try to figure out, what did I revive

Try to breach portal into dark pharaoh realm with assistance of pharaoh 

Pharaoh Nefren Ka?

(knowledge) [1d6 +1(eldritch power) = 5+1 = 6] You can’t remember… but you can… but you don’t… but you do! Clearing your head, you realize that judging by its ability to only partially prevent people from noticing it, the creature is some sort of counter-spy, to eliminate those investigating eldritch forces.

(breach) [1d6 +1(eldritch power) = 4+1 = 5] The breach opens, and several eldritch undead shamble through.

This is only the beginning.

"If you won't learn from Bob then your useless to me dog, begone foul animal!"
Leave the dog behind and go out into the woods looking for a deer to give the chemical that makes animals talk.

(deer) [1d6 = 5] Surprisingly enough, you manage to find a deer and give it the talking chemical.

Professor oak will refine the prototype to make it more efficient.
Assistant 1 will start working to make pidgey capable of evolving into Pidgeotto.
Assistant 2 will search for someone willing to be a lab rat (to test the emiter)

(refine) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You refine the prototype, increasing its speed and efficiency.

(evolve) [1d6 = 4] Your assistant successfully does so.

(test subject) [1d6 = 3] Your assistant isn’t having much luck, and he wonders why you would need a test subject.

You receive a message from Dr. Adderson. When he tried to psychically condition monkeys, it only barely worked, but that may have been because they weren’t intelligent enough. The message also contains instructions on how to carry out the psychic conditioning procedure.

The pizza arrives.

Talk with the City from home with upgrading my Electrical input so I can make more use of my computer. And order more materials delivered.

Now, let's make use of that nano-scrubber. ON. This will give me Carbon, which will greatly improve my creations.

Now, let's design a Nano-builder Machine, with all the tools needed, so long as I program in the commands.
 Also create a Program on my Hub, and link the two so I can input my commands.

(input) [1d6 = 2] Unfortunately, the way to doing so is mired in bureaucracy and red tape.

You order more materials.

You activate the nano-scrubber,

(builder) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 2+1+1 = 4] You create a rudimentary nano-builder. It may not be able to create much at the moment, but it will be useful when improved.
(link) [1d6+1 +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 1] You successfully link the hub and the nano-builder machine.

Try again:
Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end. Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Finally convince the hobo that he will be well compensated, if he does not cooperate just kill him and put the clone that has his mind on the front line.

(digging) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 1+1 = 2] The tunnelers make too little progress digging to be sure of exiting the park.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] The vat produces no new clones.

The hobo, not being an idiot, refuses the offers of his captor. You do the other things.

hey! I said to send the information on the monkey test to doctor oak! do that, and send him a copy of the conditioning procedure.

After that, message erin to inform him of the dimensional invasion that will originate from somewhere in egypt, asking him to get in contact with some of the others and get me more information on any projects going on in that area.

after that, start my own research into any scientific projects going on in egypt, mainly focusing on anything that might tamper with quantum physics or such. hopefully my precognition will help me determine the correct line of inquiry.

You send both of those pieces of information.

You inform Erin of the impending situation in Egypt and ask him to contact the other two scientists to see if they can help.

[1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) +skill bonus(precognition) = 3+1+1 = 5] Before you begin your research into scientific projects, your precognition gives you a hunch that some sort of archeological investigation is related.

Turn 27 end.
Turn 28 begin.

Shadowclaw has been removed from the game for lengthy inactivity.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10) (accepting new players)
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2018, 11:48:16 pm »

Let's see what we can do about that then.

Identify the necessary hardware needed to drastically improve Bastet's capabilities. Politely ask Bastet if they can calculate the best methods to obtain said hardware, legally or illegally. Along with all the funds, equipment, personnel, etc. required to obtain them
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2018, 11:59:18 pm »

Send the info to Bonson and Nix/Bastet, as requested.

Scry Egypt for unusual happenings.

Try making wands that can cast more conventional “spells”. Take inspiration from Harry Potter and D&D.

See if, with the now more-official-ness of magic, I can get some other interested [npc] scientists interested in the new field to join my lab and do research [for me, while I help save the world from the Eldritch Egyptian apocalypse that I don’t actually know about get].
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2018, 01:33:32 am »

Try to find someone who works on construction robots or nano machines to help with construction in outer space.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2018, 04:41:54 am »

"Deer communicate with Bob, tell Bob your secrets."
Talk to the deer, and get it to join Bob in whatever Bob's gonna do in the future.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:55 am »

retrieve and consume pizza with assistant, caretaker and pokemons then back to work.

Samuel Oak will try to use the new information about physic powers to create an Espurr.

Assistant 1 will work into adding the evolution of pidgeot to the pidgey finishing the evolution line.

Assistant 2 will check scientific journals for new interesting discoveries
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:46:14 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2018, 09:42:02 am »

Yesha! Now that shadow something has dissapeared or something,it is time to have my first turn!

Test the CATALYST BEAM on furniture,for organic demaintoids or whatever can crystallyse from chemical mess that is wood. Muh blings.

EDIT:*sees breaking news on the telly about the discovery of magic* "oh for FU-"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:00:49 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2018, 09:54:21 am »

archeological? In that case, start researching any digs or explorations that started recently in egypt. Also, look into hiring some mercenaries and getting plane tickets to egypt so I can go and investigate in person. Maybe some of my ex military volunteers would be willing to aid in this?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2018, 10:44:27 am »

Just wondering: how long actually is each turn? If we were actually measuring the times, would we actually be at the same point in time, or would be be hours apart along the timeline?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2018, 12:08:01 pm »

When the tunnelers are ready begin plan surfacing(Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end.).
Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Begin making more vats.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2018, 12:48:17 pm »

Just wondering: how long actually is each turn? If we were actually measuring the times, would we actually be at the same point in time, or would be be hours apart along the timeline?

Well, for obvious reasons, each person's turn is supposed to last the same amount of time so that one of them can kill another and I don't have to retcon anything. It just works via hand wave that A: The people with shorter/longer turns took longer/shorter per action. or B: The people with shorter turns didn't do anything important for the rest of the time.

How long is a turn? It usually represents an hour or two at least, maybe even several hours.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42