Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77673 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »

Try to learn  profane  arts  from any scrolls or engravings in pyramid.
 Search for any artifacts , preferably staff to act as focus of arcane might.
Cooperate with dark pharaoh and undead to return back even more of pharaohs might and enlarge the gate to his realm. 

My lord, I am happy to be one of few being first to witness restoration of your wise rule.
What now ?

ooc : is dark pharaoh doing anything secretly on his own, or do I have to be elder god of chaos incarnation babysitter ?

Fixed
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:26:46 am by sprinkled chariot »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 20, 2018, 01:12:33 am »

Learn dark profane  arts  from fellow priests.

Cooperate with dark pharaoh and priests to return back even more of pharaohs might and enlarge the gate to his realm. 

My lord, I am happy to be one of few being first to witness restoration of your wise rule.
What now ?

ooc : is dark pharaoh doing anything secretly on his own, or do I have to be elder god of chaos incarnation babysitter ?

Fellow... priests? What fellow priests? The undead aren't priests, and neither is the thingy.

(And, well, who knows what he's up to? Eldritch lords aren't exactly known for telling their minions what their plan is.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:43 am »

Fixed, also was just wondering, if he exists as separate npc on his own right minding own business.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:40 am »

Get to work on a neural interface for the nervegear. Use my new nano-builder to help with this.

device for scanning and interpreting the user’s thoughts

I want this to stop the nerves and send a signal to keep the body in a relaxed state. And the Nervegear will send the necessary data. A Virtual Reality. All due to the process and link.

Safe as well, for that matter. A gaming system that allows full immersion in that world.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2018, 05:26:17 pm »

Let's see what we can do about that then.

Identify the necessary hardware needed to drastically improve Bastet's capabilities. Politely ask Bastet if they can calculate the best methods to obtain said hardware, legally or illegally. Along with all the funds, equipment, personnel, etc. required to obtain them

Code: [Select]
Step 1: Funds. Lotteries will provide a substantial amount by normal standards. I will provide you with the necessary details when you are ready.
Step 2: Hardware. An increase in computing power of more than 25x will likely be unnecessary for the short term, so a bulk of commercial-grade computers will suffice. The exact brands are not important.

Suddenly, an urgent message arrives from Erin. “Impending interdimensional invasion in Egypt. Dr. Adderson is trying to deal with it, but any help you could offer would be appreciated.”

Send the info to Bonson and Nix/Bastet, as requested.

Scry Egypt for unusual happenings.

Try making wands that can cast more conventional “spells”. Take inspiration from Harry Potter and D&D.

See if, with the now more-official-ness of magic, I can get some other interested [npc] scientists interested in the new field to join my lab and do research [for me, while I help save the world from the Eldritch Egyptian apocalypse that I don’t actually know about get].

You rapidly send off messages to the two scientists and the AI.

(scry) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] There are zombies in a pyramid. Not mummies, zombies. And there’s also a guy in a pith helmet, and a strange portal, and-
(backlash) [1d6 = 3] The scry abruptly fails.

(wands) [1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Lacking any concrete ideas on what exactly the wands should do, you end up just making several wands to cause unconsciousness.

(scientists) [1d6 = 3] You only get one other scientist to join you.

Try to find someone who works on construction robots or nano machines to help with construction in outer space.

[1d6 = 2] You were about to start investigating, but then an urgent message from Erin arrives.

“Impending interdimensional invasion in Egypt. Dr. Adderson is trying to deal with it, but any help you could offer would be appreciated.”

The guard coughs. “Need any help packing up your laboratory?”

"Deer communicate with Bob, tell Bob your secrets."
Talk to the deer, and get it to join Bob in whatever Bob's gonna do in the future.

[1d6 = 5] Somehow, you manage to convince the deer to join you.

retrieve and consume pizza with assistant, caretaker and pokemons then back to work.

Samuel Oak will try to use the new information about physic powers to create an Espurr.

Assistant 1 will work into adding the evolution of pidgeot to the pidgey finishing the evolution line.

Assistant 2 will check scientific journals for new interesting discoveries

Mmm, pizza.

(espurr) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully create an Espurr.

(pidgeot) [1d6 = 2] The assistant makes no progress on adding the evolution.

(check) [1d6 = 3] He hasn’t found anything yet, but he hasn’t read all the recent journals yet either.

Yesha! Now that shadow something has dissapeared or something,it is time to have my first turn!

Test the CATALYST BEAM on furniture,for organic demaintoids or whatever can crystallyse from chemical mess that is wood. Muh blings.

EDIT:*sees breaking news on the telly about the discovery of magic* "oh for FU-"

[1d6+1 = 3+1 = 4] You learned something today. Most wooden furniture isn’t 100% wooden. Long story short, there’s now a modern art sculpture in your lab that looks like somebody glued a bunch of wooden caltrops together with plastic and metal. Maybe the impurities affected the results?

archeological? In that case, start researching any digs or explorations that started recently in egypt. Also, look into hiring some mercenaries and getting plane tickets to egypt so I can go and investigate in person. Maybe some of my ex military volunteers would be willing to aid in this?

(research) [1d6 +skill bonus(strong psychic powers) +skill bonus(precognition) = 3+1+1 = 5] There was only one exploration launched recently. An expedition to a pyramid recently discovered by satellite, led by the eccentric John West.

(mercenaries) [1d6 = 2] You don’t find any mercenaries...

(tickets) [1d6 +skill bonus(precognition) = 5 skill level 1] But surprisingly enough, your contacts manage to arrange a flight. It’ll still take a while (10 hours, or five turns), but it’s probably the best time you’re going to get.

When the tunnelers are ready begin plan surfacing(Have the tunnelers keep tunneling to where they saw cover on that branch. Then same procedure as before: have a squad of 5 clones set up a guard position in the room at the end of the westward branch. Than only 2 tunnelers tunnel up and if they are in the wide open quickly close off the last room, if they are in cover have the 7 clones there secure that end.).
Have 1 clone run the cloning vat. Begin making more vats.

(digging) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 3+1 = 4]
(result) [1d6 = 6]
The diggers come out in a warehouse. The 7 clones exit the tunnel and secure the warehouse.

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Four more clones are produced.

(vats) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] The tunnels are just too cramped to properly assemble a vat.

Try to learn  profane  arts  from any scrolls or engravings in pyramid.
 Search for any artifacts , preferably staff to act as focus of arcane might.
Cooperate with dark pharaoh and undead to return back even more of pharaohs might and enlarge the gate to his realm. 

What now ?

Fixed

(learn) [1d6 +1(eldritch power) = 6+1 = 7] Eldritch knowledge swims behind your eyes.

(search) [1d6 +1(eldritch power) = 3+1 = 4] You find a staff.

(enlarge) [1d6 +1(eldritch power) = 2+1 = 3] The portal shudders a little, but nothing really happens.

You shall continue with your current course of action. I shall prepare to truly restore my rule.

Get to work on a neural interface for the nervegear. Use my new nano-builder to help with this.

device for scanning and interpreting the user’s thoughts

I want this to stop the nerves and send a signal to keep the body in a relaxed state. And the Nervegear will send the necessary data. A Virtual Reality. All due to the process and link.

Safe as well, for that matter. A gaming system that allows full immersion in that world.

[1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 6-1 = 5] You manage to successfully create a true virtual reality headset.

Turn 28 end.
Turn 29 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2018, 05:35:52 pm »

Magmaholic you can always apply to join my lab ;)

“The scry abruptly fails.” Yeah, cause that’s not ominous at all.

Have I researched teleportation? I should research teleportation. It should be able to get to Egypt.

Contact all of my mates about the scrying info, as well as the plans for the teleporter.

Have the new guy assist me with the teleportation thing.

See if I can get Bastet to troubleshoot my scrying error, if Nix permits it.

Turn Undead spells please? Let’s work on it.

Try to scry the pith helmet guy. Their history and intentions.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2018, 05:36:48 pm »

"Bastet, this might end up being a threat to us. Let's help them."

Ask Bastet to start acquiring as much information, from as many credible sources as possible, regarding this inter dimensional invasion. Have this information collated, and see what practical intel can be gained from it.

As for myself, start designing some narrow single purpose AI to start buying lottery tickets based on Bastet's calculations. Do it safely and as subtly as possible, to avoid any sort of detection by authorities.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2018, 05:48:20 pm »

its a start regardless. Pull some strings with the US military and FBI since I got them psychic powers before most other people, and disclosed important information to them regarding how to increase the effectiveness of using such powers. Ask them to send forces to help secure the site before the situation becomes irreversible.
Finally, catch my flight and pray that it isnt too late to stop this impending doom.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:50:44 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:46 pm »

Dispatch a squad(5) of clones to the warehouse. Have 1 squad explore the warehouse, the other squad begins fortifying the closest exit, the 2 tunnelers begin scavenging what is in this warehouse.
1 clone runs the vat. All the rest help me with building and setting up more cloning vats.

Spoiler: My Clones (click to show/hide)
^^^^
That was so it is easier for me to see where everyone is
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2018, 01:01:31 am »

Alhram Nahizlet Kar Azzet Quisshouguagh

Inscribe unholy runes around portal and use staff and wealth of eldritch knowledge to make gate GREAT
My lord, I am glad, that my service is found worthy
With second ritual try to cause madness inducing plague in U.S, Europe and China

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2018, 01:32:32 am »

"I can't help this much, but you should inform someone on this, this one is trustworthy"

Build a rocket and use the pentacle in case that would be useful.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2018, 04:48:31 am »

send message to Dr Adderson "Managed to create a highly modified Scottish Fold cat with physic powers.

Professor Oak will make so espurr can evolve into meowstic.

Assistant 1 will continue working to allow the pidgeot evolution.

Assistant 2 will continue reading scientific journals.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2018, 05:47:09 am »

"Come with Bob new deer friend, so Bob can teach you some things."
Bring the deer back to the RV and teach it proper English and some basic chemistry.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:06 am »

Take a few pictures of the modern art thing and put it on an auction at Ebay under the name "Totally not magic modern art piece (Uncomfortable Furniture-Yenkovich 2018)".

"That should make the auction go nuts,i bet."

Read up on the BRAND NEW magic papers,and try to create a corundum gemstone with silver impurities using aluminium oxide and silver.(like sapphires and rubies are corundum crystals with chrome manganese and other stuff)

Silver should be a magic conductor,so what about SILVER IN JEMS? I can make JEMS that do not occur naturally. And i doubt you can summon something that does not exist.
So what will it make? A focus?Amplifier? A lens if i cut it right?Or just an uncommon gemstone?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:01:36 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »

Post a message on some of the secure sites on the net.

Looking for top notch A.I. Programers and Coders. Generous Salalry and a once in a Lifetime chance at being at the Forefront of VR

Next, check on my builders, how much have they managed to do?

Finally, work on upgrading the nano-builder to create gear on a macro scale.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42