Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78851 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2018, 02:32:17 pm »

Magmaholic you can always apply to join my lab ;)

“The scry abruptly fails.” Yeah, cause that’s not ominous at all.

Have I researched teleportation? I should research teleportation. It should be able to get to Egypt.

Contact all of my mates about the scrying info, as well as the plans for the teleporter.

Have the new guy assist me with the teleportation thing.

See if I can get Bastet to troubleshoot my scrying error, if Nix permits it.

Turn Undead spells please? Let’s work on it.

Try to scry the pith helmet guy. Their history and intentions.

(glass) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4]
(new guy) [1d6 = 3]
You both come up with the same general design, but it is your experience that allows you alone to design a working teleportation pentacle.

You send messages off to the three fellow scientists informing them of the new information.

(troubleshoot) You ask Bastet to troubleshoot the scrying error.
Code: [Select]
Based on the information you have given me, I suspect that the cause of the scrying failure was an uncontrolled discharge of magic near the place that the scry was viewing.

(turn) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You successfully design a pentacle to “Turn” undead. It doesn’t literally turn them. You’ll probably need to miniaturize it.

(scry) [1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] The scry simply fails.

"Bastet, this might end up being a threat to us. Let's help them."

Ask Bastet to start acquiring as much information, from as many credible sources as possible, regarding this inter dimensional invasion. Have this information collated, and see what practical intel can be gained from it.

As for myself, start designing some narrow single purpose AI to start buying lottery tickets based on Bastet's calculations. Do it safely and as subtly as possible, to avoid any sort of detection by authorities.

There is precisely one source of this information: Dr. Adderson. I believe him, but there is simply not much to analyze.

(auto-tickets) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You design a ticket-buying AI.

You receive a message from Glass. “The invasion appears to be originating from a pyramid. I observed zombies, a guy in a pith helmet, a strange portal, and then the scry abruptly failed due to an uncontrolled discharge of magic in the pyramid. Attached is a design for a teleportation pentacle.”

its a start regardless. Pull some strings with the US military and FBI since I got them psychic powers before most other people, and disclosed important information to them regarding how to increase the effectiveness of using such powers. Ask them to send forces to help secure the site before the situation becomes irreversible.
Finally, catch my flight and pray that it isnt too late to stop this impending doom.

(convince) [1d6 +skill bonus(trusted) +skill bonus(precognition) = 5 skill level 1]
(forces) [1d6 +1+skill bonus(convinced) = 5 skill level 1]
“We’ll see what we can do, Doctor.”

You receive a message from Glass. “The invasion appears to be originating from a pyramid. I observed zombies, a guy in a pith helmet, a strange portal, and then the scry abruptly failed due to an uncontrolled discharge of magic in the pyramid. Attached is a design for a teleportation pentacle.”
You receive a message from Samuel Oak. "Managed to create a highly modified Scottish Fold cat with physic powers.”

Lacking an understanding of how to make the pentacle teleport you to the right place, you decide to just catch your flight.

Turns until arrival: 5

Dispatch a squad(5) of clones to the warehouse. Have 1 squad explore the warehouse, the other squad begins fortifying the closest exit, the 2 tunnelers begin scavenging what is in this warehouse.
1 clone runs the vat. All the rest help me with building and setting up more cloning vats.

Spoiler: My Clones (click to show/hide)
^^^^
That was so it is easier for me to see where everyone is

(vat) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] One more clone is produced and goes off to guard the warehouse branch exit.
(vats) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You create another cloning vat. It doesn’t have the special features of the other one, though.

(explore)
(fortify)
(scavenge)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the clones guarding the warehouse branch exit runs up to you. “The FBI- it was an ambush- they’ve got pepper spray- they could be coming down here any minute now!”

Hm… that spoiler thing is a good idea. I’ll just put it here because I’m not sure Bay12 can handle nested spoilers.

Alhram Nahizlet Kar Azzet Quisshouguagh

Inscribe unholy runes around portal and use staff and wealth of eldritch knowledge to make gate GREAT
My lord, I am glad, that my service is found worthy
With second ritual try to cause madness inducing plague in U.S, Europe and China

(great) [1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 5+2 = 7] The portal explodes outward, increasing the number of eldritch undead arriving…
(1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 4+2 = 6) vs (1d6 +2(power) = 3+2 = 5)
...And you manage to dodge out of the way of the sudden stampede of eldritch undead.

(attempt) [1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 2+2 = 4] You cast your ritual…
(US) (1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 4+2 = 6) vs (1d6 +12(numbers) = 3+12 = 15)
(Europe) (1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 4+2 = 6) vs (1d6 +12(numbers) = 3+12 = 15)
(China) (1d6 +2(eldritchness) = 4+2 = 6) vs (1d6 +13(numbers) = 1+13 = 14)
And nothing happens.

(Note: I didn’t use the number 4 for all of the offensive rolls, I rolled three dice and they all came up 4.)

"I can't help this much, but you should inform someone on this, this one is trustworthy"

Build a rocket and use the pentacle in case that would be useful.

(build) [1d6 = 3] You manage to get part of a rocket built, but not a lot.

The guard stares blankly at you.

send message to Dr Adderson "Managed to create a highly modified Scottish Fold cat with physic powers.

Professor Oak will make so espurr can evolve into meowstic.

Assistant 1 will continue working to allow the pidgeot evolution.

Assistant 2 will continue reading scientific journals.

You send the message to Dr. Adderson.

(meowstic) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You make a little progress, but not much.

(pidgeot) [1d6 = 6] The Pidgey somehow double-evolves into Pidgeot.

(journals) [1d6 = 2] Cheese farming? Skate users? Bloody minded? Wait, this isn’t a journal, it’s an encyclopedia.

"Come with Bob new deer friend, so Bob can teach you some things."
Bring the deer back to the RV and teach it proper English and some basic chemistry.

The deer heads back to your RV, but fails to learn anything from your efforts at teaching.

Take a few pictures of the modern art thing and put it on an auction at Ebay under the name "Totally not magic modern art piece (Uncomfortable Furniture-Yenkovich 2018)".

"That should make the auction go nuts,i bet."

Read up on the BRAND NEW magic papers,and try to create a corundum gemstone with silver impurities using aluminium oxide and silver.(like sapphires and rubies are corundum crystals with chrome manganese and other stuff)

Silver should be a magic conductor,so what about SILVER IN JEMS? I can make JEMS that do not occur naturally. And i doubt you can summon something that does not exist.
So what will it make? A focus?Amplifier? A lens if i cut it right?Or just an uncommon gemstone?

You put it up on Ebay.

(crystal) [1d6+1 = 3+1 = 4] You manage to create the corundum gemstone.
(leylines) [1d6 = 6] But when you do so…
(backlash) [1d6 = 6] The gemstone explodes.

Post a message on some of the secure sites on the net.

Looking for top notch A.I. Programers and Coders. Generous Salalry and a once in a Lifetime chance at being at the Forefront of VR

Next, check on my builders, how much have they managed to do?

Finally, work on upgrading the nano-builder to create gear on a macro scale.

(interwebs) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) -1(typos) = 4+1-1 = 4] Fortunately, you manage to correct the typos before posting it. An internet user responds in an hour or two, saying he’s interested but wants to discuss what the “forefront” is and the exact salary.

They have made a tunnel network underneath your lab. Maybe you should have checked earlier?

(nano-builder) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 1] You successfully improve the quality of the nano-builder by a significant amount.

Turn 29 end.
Turn 30 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: Lero managed to avoid becoming the first casualty of uninformed magic usage.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 22, 2018, 02:54:41 pm »

Unseal the first entrance, have the clones block off the tunnel at each room entrance all the way back to current position. Begin evacuation of the city. If I can leave quickly with just 1 squad(5), the cloning vats, and mind transfer device(it took me too long to design and build it to just abandon it), than leave heading to the nearest boarder to Mexico or Canada(which ever one is closest).

Have any remaining clones fight to the death. If they survive the attack they are to head back to the first city.

Spoiler: clones (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2018, 02:59:29 pm »

"You got me here, drive back to the FBI field agents and tell them that the guy who got a containmer of superfuel to pop out of thin air say there are zombies in a pyramid and they'lldestroy the world, now go"
Complte the rocket, attempt to modify the pentecle so it could teleport an entire rocket
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2018, 03:09:47 pm »

I have designed a true VR interface that I can market, however in order to sell the project, I need something that can order a virtual world.

While my intellect is impressive, I know better than to assume I am great at everything, and so need programers with A.I. creation knowledge.

Salary is negotiable, and dependent on success. I am however capable of paying such.

Negotiate with this person, and ask for their credentials.

Set the Nano-builder to start producing the true virtual reality headset, and check on my CO2 scrubber plant for the Carbon blocks.

Work through all that red tape for the power upgrade.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2018, 03:17:29 pm »

Ok, try making wands of turn undead.

Try to figure out how to easily set a destination for the teleportation pentacles based on latitude and longitude.

Maybe I should check on the status of the nearby leylines. I don’t think I’d have notably drained them, but it doesn’t hurt to look into what effect I may have had.

Let’s attempt to create a map of the world that displays magic levels across it. Kind of like a topographical map, but for magical energy instead of elevation. It should use magic to update automatically.

Create a conjuring pentacle for spheres made of various precious and semiprecious gems, so that I can test them for if they relate to magic in any manner. Make sure to insulate the wiring in case they do.

Try to scry pitch helmet guy again.

EDIT: Can Bastet get psychic powers? After all, their “brain” is an advanced digital reconstruction of a human brain.

Also, ask Dr. Adderson if they’ve got the time to walk me through developing some of the more advanced psionic abilities.

EDIT2: What would happen if I took a normal computer, replaced all of its wiring with magic-carrying equivalents, and then plugged it into a leyline instead of an electrical power source? Let’s find a nice open space to test that with police approval, in case it explodes or something like that.
Don’t do it right now, mind you, just prepare to do it. And make sure to have a good amount of space available between where I’ll be watching and where the computer will be.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:48:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2018, 04:21:19 pm »

professor Oak will continue working in the meowstic evolution.

Assistant 1will work into creating a rattata.

Assistant 2 will continue searching scientific journals for new discoveries.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2018, 04:49:47 pm »

Ask Bastet to see if it can improve on the teleportation pentacle design to its utmost ability, and then send the improved design back to Erin Quill.  Hopefully it's useful. Until I acquire more resources and improve Bastet, not a whole lot else can be done.

See if I've been able to generate any new revenue from the ticket bot, and then start snooping around for any serviceable computer hardware to add to Bastet's mainframe.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2018, 05:25:18 pm »

meditate and attempt to calm myself to prepare for whatever I might find upon arrival.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2018, 06:56:01 pm »

Well then.

Lets do three batches this time, with silver,bismuth and gold impurities respectively.

Also,explosions. Since explosions,i need to try out leyline interactions from a safe distance. with a long stick. And eye protection.

Cash money. How is muh Ebay?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:11:40 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2018, 06:38:17 am »

"Deer please learn something from Bob."
Try to teach the deer better English, and then create some teargas grenades.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 23, 2018, 01:00:02 pm »

Push even more eldritch power into the gate to make it summon byakhi, flying polyps, shoggoths , hounds of tindaloo and actual dark priests and army generals of dark pharaoh in addition to random mooks.

Hour of revelation begins

Use the arcane staff to cut hole in time and look in the  distant future and possibilities of what Dark Pharaoh rule would bring to mankind and, well possible future of myself in this new world order

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 24, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »

Unseal the first entrance, have the clones block off the tunnel at each room entrance all the way back to current position. Begin evacuation of the city. If I can leave quickly with just 1 squad(5), the cloning vats, and mind transfer device(it took me too long to design and build it to just abandon it), than leave heading to the nearest boarder to Mexico or Canada(which ever one is closest).

Have any remaining clones fight to the death. If they survive the attack they are to head back to the first city.

Spoiler: clones (click to show/hide)

(unsealing) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 1+1 = 2] Despite the best efforts of your clones, they sealed it too well in the past.

(moving the items) [1d6 +skill bonus(numbers) = 5 skill level 1] They manage to move the cloning vats and mind transfer device to the room where you are.

Spoiler: Warehouse guard clones (click to show/hide)

(sealing) [1d6 = 6] Somehow, they got every single hallway to collapse at once, leaving only the rooms intact. Of course, this means that they can’t go fight the FBI. Well, at least it looks like you have a bit of a breather now.

"You got me here, drive back to the FBI field agents and tell them that the guy who got a containmer of superfuel to pop out of thin air say there are zombies in a pyramid and they'lldestroy the world, now go"
Complte the rocket, attempt to modify the pentecle so it could teleport an entire rocket

The guard stares at you and backs away slowly.

(complete) [1d6 = 4] You manage to complete the rocket.

(modify) [1d6 = 5] Despite not having much experience with what you’re doing, you still feel pretty confident… in the size modification, at least.

I have designed a true VR interface that I can market, however in order to sell the project, I need something that can order a virtual world.

While my intellect is impressive, I know better than to assume I am great at everything, and so need programers with A.I. creation knowledge.

Salary is negotiable, and dependent on success. I am however capable of paying such.

Negotiate with this person, and ask for their credentials.

Set the Nano-builder to start producing the true virtual reality headset, and check on my CO2 scrubber plant for the Carbon blocks.

Work through all that red tape for the power upgrade.

I’m going to be honest, you’re giving me all sorts of red flags. Bragging about how smart you are? Implying that I’ll only get paid if it works? Asking for *my* credentials? Who even are *you*?

You have the nano-builder start producing the VR headset.

There’s barely any carbon produced from the one plant. Maybe 20 cubic centimeters, if that.

(bureaucracy) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 1+1 = 2] Infuriatingly, red tape continues to stall you.

Ok, try making wands of turn undead.

Try to figure out how to easily set a destination for the teleportation pentacles based on latitude and longitude.

Maybe I should check on the status of the nearby leylines. I don’t think I’d have notably drained them, but it doesn’t hurt to look into what effect I may have had.

Let’s attempt to create a map of the world that displays magic levels across it. Kind of like a topographical map, but for magical energy instead of elevation. It should use magic to update automatically.

Create a conjuring pentacle for spheres made of various precious and semiprecious gems, so that I can test them for if they relate to magic in any manner. Make sure to insulate the wiring in case they do.

Try to scry pitch helmet guy again.

EDIT: Can Bastet get psychic powers? After all, their “brain” is an advanced digital reconstruction of a human brain.

Also, ask Dr. Adderson if they’ve got the time to walk me through developing some of the more advanced psionic abilities.

(wands) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You miniaturize the anti-undead pentacle, and create several wands based on the design.

(destination) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 6+1-1 = 6] You’ve got a destination setup working, but for some reason it uses polar coordinates instead. And the origin is the South Pole, despite every direction being north.

It doesn’t seem like the leylines have changed. They just… are.

(map) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] Let’s see. There are the globe-spanning leylines, there’s various magic usage around the world, and there’s an enormous amount of magic concentrated near one point in Egypt. As if you didn’t already know there was something going on there.

After various tests, you determine that gems simply aren’t related to magic. Most of them are made out of multiple elements, after all.

(scry) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You see… a dog attacking him? The image is fuzzy and indistinct, and disappears as quickly as it arrives.

You send the message, but Dr. Adderson doesn’t respond.

professor Oak will continue working in the meowstic evolution.

Assistant 1will work into creating a rattata.

Assistant 2 will continue searching scientific journals for new discoveries.

(meowstic) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] You give the Espurr the ability to evolve into a Meowstic.

(rattata) [1d6 = 5] The assistant creates a rattata successfully.

(journals) [1d6 = 5] Magic is real. Magic is a thing. But what would it be useful for? Fairy types?

Ask Bastet to see if it can improve on the teleportation pentacle design to its utmost ability, and then send the improved design back to Erin Quill.  Hopefully it's useful. Until I acquire more resources and improve Bastet, not a whole lot else can be done.

See if I've been able to generate any new revenue from the ticket bot, and then start snooping around for any serviceable computer hardware to add to Bastet's mainframe.

The ticket bot did produce revenue. A lot of it. Four hundred thousand dollars, to be exact.

[1d6 = 4] After browsing around, you’ve identified a dozen or so candidates.

meditate and attempt to calm myself to prepare for whatever I might find upon arrival.

You meditate.

Turns until arrival: 4

Well then.

Lets do three batches this time, with silver,bismuth and gold impurities respectively.

Also,explosions. Since explosions,i need to try out leyline interactions from a safe distance. with a long stick. And eye protection.

Cash money. How is muh Ebay?

Only slightly discouraged by your previous explosion, you arm yourself with a pair of lab goggles and a stick.

(creating silver) [1d6+1 = 6+1 = 7]
(creating bismuth) [1d6+1 = 5+1 = 6]
(creating gold) [1d6+1 = 6+1 = 7]

A huge chunk of gem-encrusted silver, a huge chunk of gem-encrusted gold, and a smaller chunk of gem-encrusted bismuth are created.

(backlash) [1d6 -1 = 3-1 = 2] A spherical wave ripples into existence from the chunk of silver, expands to a dramatic size, and vanishes, leaving a hemispherical hole in your floor and none of the gems.

(ebay) [1d6 = 1] Ebay was being slow, so you clicked the logout button, but it didn’t work, so you clicked it a lot… long story short, logging into your Ebay account now seems to automatically trigger a logout.

"Deer please learn something from Bob."
Try to teach the deer better English, and then create some teargas grenades.

The deer doesn’t seem to care about grammar.

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You successfully create several quality tear-gas grenades.

Push even more eldritch power into the gate to make it summon byakhi, flying polyps, shoggoths , hounds of tindaloo and actual dark priests and army generals of dark pharaoh in addition to random mooks.

Hour of revelation begins

Use the arcane staff to cut hole in time and look in the  distant future and possibilities of what Dark Pharaoh rule would bring to mankind and, well possible future of myself in this new world order

(eldritch) [1d6 +2(eldritch) = 4+2 = 6] A Hound of Tindalos arrives through the gate, with more to come.

(messing with time) [1d6 +2(eldritch) = 5+2 = 7] Visions of a ridiculous, impossible future flash through your eyes. The Dark Pharaoh lies dead, killed by Hounds of Tindalos for failure to restrain his subordinate. The pyramid falls through time itself as if to protest such an act, and smashes onto an eldritch lord many thousands of years in the past, leaving him trapped in Egypt for millenia…

And then you feel canine teeth on your neck, and the vision ends.

Turn 30 end.
Turn 31 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: Lero still avoids magic-related injury or death.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 24, 2018, 08:13:26 pm »

Profesor Oak will create a fire dog (not a pokemon just a normal fire dog) with a bio-emiter (to test them)
Assistant 1 will make so the rattata can evolve into a raticate.
Assistant 2 will study physic powers specifically how to counter them (research into making dark types)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 24, 2018, 08:18:36 pm »

Y’know what, I think he probably deserves that.

Polar coordinates? I... guess that works? So long as I know what direction θ=0 is that shouldn’t be a problem. I guess send it and the pentacle design to Bastet. They should be able to calculate how to send people to their destination more accurately than I can.

Identify non-Egypt centers of relatively high magic. Are there any trends to it?

Send Bastet the notes that Adderson sent me a while back and ask them if they think they could become psionic.

Also ask them to try simulating the result of my “magic computer” idea.

Make more of the wands of turn undead.

Send out a message to Bonson and Nix to see if they need me to conjure anything for them.

Have my hiree look into what any other scientists may be doing with magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 24, 2018, 10:51:05 pm »

Spend approximately 200,000 dollars on new hardware, see if I can get Bastet to help direct me in integrating it into the current systems.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42