Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77026 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #555 on: December 31, 2018, 12:02:22 am »

I got two arch portals, I'll send one on though to the other.

And what are these "novel wavelengths"?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 31, 2018, 08:49:59 am »

Spacial, gravitational, sub-dimensional. dimensional, wind effects and reading. Basically, most of my breakthroughs of subdimensional theroycraft, so it can act as a probe to give me more info, which will then improve my work in that field.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 01, 2019, 06:10:10 pm »

Hey, NRDL, we still need your action.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 01, 2019, 09:01:36 pm »

Sorry, completely missed the turn.

Purchase some security cameras, door and wall reinforcements for my lab, and have them installed before I leave. Then attempt to find Anamolate. While hopefully keeping a low profile.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 05, 2019, 07:19:12 am »

((Just a heads up, I'm not going to be able to access Bay12 for the next few weeks, so feel free to do whatever with my character, Two_Eternities. Kill me, add me to another scientist's resources, stasis me, anything's cool. Thanks.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2019, 09:50:19 am »

I'll take contact.. Still need someone to design a Game AI for me.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 06, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »

((Just a heads up, I'm not going to be able to access Bay12 for the next few weeks, so feel free to do whatever with my character, Two_Eternities. Kill me, add me to another scientist's resources, stasis me, anything's cool. Thanks.))
I volunteer to take care of Bastet while you’re out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2019, 08:05:27 pm »

Quit the game.

Master Monster resigns himself to a life in prison, his spark of genius lost.

Whether he will die of old age is a different matter entirely.

Keep teaching the deer about chemistry and get them to help Bob build a wooden wall with a big gate around where the RV is.

You continue teaching the deer about chemistry.

(stockade) [1d6 +1(deer allies) = 5+1 = 6] After significant effort from all of you, the last piece of the wooden wall is assembled. Wait… where’s the gate? Did someone forget to put a gate in?!? How are you going to get out?!?

It’s unfortunate that we didn’t make any progress, but I think I can consider the guy that I hired an actual partner now. What’s his name?

We will both work on the pentacle.

(your progress) [1d6 +skill bonus = 5 skill level 1]
(Richard Raburn’s progress) [1d6 +skill bonus = 5 skill level 1]

Working double-time, the two of you finish the pentacle in only half an hour.

Code: [Select]
Excellent. The activation method is a little complicated, though. You’ll need to send mana through all five points of the pentacle at once, and mana needs to be able to exit each of those five points.

”Stay down if you know what’s good for you, warlock. I have no interest in killing you. I just want to fix the damage you did by meddling with time and the otherworldy, even if it means meeting my end.”

if psychic power alone is not enough, then perhaps I must tap into the dark knowledge wielded by my foes. Use my psychic power and eldritch knowledge to strengthen the curse of docility on the dark pharoh and weaken his willpower, then turn my attention to the mummies and attempt to mind control them. perhaps they can keep the warlock restrained and the pharoh distracted.

Ignoring your words, the warlock stands up shakily after casting a spell.

You decide to target the mummies first, seeing as how they are staggering back to their feet.
(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) +1(remains of docility curse) -1(wounded) = 5+3+2+1-1 = 10) vs (1d6 +1(eldritch) +2(numbers) -1(wounded) = 2+1+2-1 = 4)
You become their master with ease, the warlock too distracted healing himself to resist it. They turn around and begin shambling towards the warlock and the Dark Pharaoh.

The warlock casts something, and an eldritch rune appears on your skin. It’s a horror mark, a rune to attract astral horrors to you.

(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) +1(remains of docility curse) -1(wounded) = 3+3+2+1-1 = 8) vs (1d6 +5(eldritch) = 5+5 = 10)
Unfortunately, the curse is almost completely gone now, and the remains you do harness do not help you dominate the Dark Pharaoh.

Professor Oak will keep studying magic until he believes he could create an magical creature.
Professor Elm will try to make the squirtle capable of evolving into blastoise after evolving into wartortle.
Assistant 2 will try to make so the bonsly can evolve into sudowoodo

(study) [1d6 = 5] You’re fairly sure you understand the basics of magic now. Creating a magical creature… it would require complex metal organs that would serve to direct the magic. Then again, you and your associates have created an animal that is also a rock and a plant, so perhaps anything is possible.

(blastoise) [1d6 +skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Professor Elm does so with ease.

(sudowoodo) [1d6 = 4] The assistant seems to have a better grasp on the rock-plant duality, shown by him giving the bonsly the ability to evolve.

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)

"Wow,shit man"
Time to pack my things and leave. Some desert in utah or nevada sounds nice,away from prying eyes.Remove teleporter from Ebay.

Your car exits the city without issue, and an item is removed from Ebay. You drive off, but… Utah and Nevada are far away. You’re nowhere near them.

My lord, I am too weak to serve you properly, my feeble mortal body is weared down

Try to fix my wounds with 8 incantations of Nefren Ka, then horror mark infidel to attract astral horrors to him

(healing) [1d6 +2(eldritch) -2(severely wounded) = 5+2-2 = 5] You manage to heal your wounds to the point where your life is not in immediate danger.

The mummies stagger up to their feet, jerk around, and begin heading towards you. You sense that the paratrooper controls them now.

(horror mark) [1d6 +2(eldritch) = 4+2 = 6] An eldritch rune appears on him, ethereal and almost seeming to hover above his skin.

Sorry, completely missed the turn.

Purchase some security cameras, door and wall reinforcements for my lab, and have them installed before I leave. Then attempt to find Anamolate. While hopefully keeping a low profile.

(Sorry to hear this. Don’t worry, if I keep updating as slow as this you'll probably be back on Bay12 before the game ends. :p )

The security improvements to your lab are installed as you leave.

But as you are heading to Anamolate’s laboratory… a traffic accident occurs.

You awaken to a nurse standing over your bedside, telling you that no permanent damage was inflicted and you should be ready to leave in about 6 to 12 hours. ((read: 3 to 6 turns. You can come back at any time, NRDL, this is just my estimate of how many turns I can write in a few weeks.))

Turn 38 end.
Turn 39 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

We have a Discord. Join if you're a player, a waitlister, or just want to watch.
https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #563 on: January 07, 2019, 08:15:19 pm »

With Raburn’s help, carefully prepare and activate the pentacle, making sure that nothing catastrophic will happen, we will have enough space for all the equipment, and we’ll be able to get it to Bastet.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:51 pm »

Go over the data while the Pillbug replicates itself. I want to see if I can throw a portal from an stable point to the space above the moon. Being able to do so in any kind of effectiveness means I can send my Nano-bots to build a starting base.

And perhaps food as well.. See about the design of a Bio-alchemy machine capable of producing food from materials.

Also build a Water Purifier system based off my Nano-alchemy dissembler. Salt water will go in, and the Nanotech takes everything other than plain H2O bonds from it as it passes. Another brilliant invention to sell, and on a commercial scale, should solve any water issues the world has.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2019, 04:49:56 am »

"ROOOAAAD TRIIIIP"

How far away? I still have funds from selling the piece of junk thing,so getting there wont be an issue.Keep going maan. Also,radio news pls.

I am a Goober.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2019, 05:40:29 am »

”I warned you.”
Rip the warlock’s blood from his wounds with my telekinetic power, then use it to fuel a new curse of docility by using it to form the elder sign. Cast the curse at the dark pharaoh, and then try to mind-control them one last time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 08, 2019, 05:56:46 am »

Totally forgot
Check if I have psychic powers
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2019, 05:58:26 am »

Add a gate to the wall that's big enough for the RV to fit through, and teach the deer more chemistry stuff, then with the help of the deer build a cabin in the walled area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2019, 10:26:23 am »

Professor Oak will finish assistant 2 training.
Professor Elm will try to create a Mankey.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42