Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 77034 times)

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #570 on: January 10, 2019, 10:44:51 pm »

Name: Excellen Young
Goal: to create the ultimate life form.
Field of science that you excel in: evolutionary biology
Your greatest creation/discovery: a simple beetle that can rapidly mutate and evolve to new forms, in order to surpass current limits.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #571 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:41 am »

Name: Excellen Young
Goal: to create the ultimate life form.
Field of science that you excel in: evolutionary biology
Your greatest creation/discovery: a simple beetle that can rapidly mutate and evolve to new forms, in order to surpass current limits.

Welcome to the game. If you have a Discord account, please join the Discord.
Seeing as how sprinkled chariot hasn't posted yet, you may post your action for this turn now.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2019, 08:12:17 am »

Make zombies loyal to pharaoh again

Try to disrupt foul uneducated unbeliever with making his blood boil from pyramids curse
Nobody will remember you, madman.

Try to assist pharaoh in whatever he is doing

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2019, 08:56:10 am »

”that’s like the pot calling the teakettle black. Have you looked in a mirror recently? you’ve murdered hundreds and are going to murder Billions more if I don’t stop this. what person in their right mind summons eldritch invasions that will surely kill everyone, including themself?!

Did you hit your head so hard that you didn’t think about what it means to let an abomination control the world, or are you so brainwashed that you don’t realise once he’s done playing with you like a doll, he’ll cast you to the Hounds for meddling with time and disrupting his plans in the past?!”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:04 am »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2019, 05:43:56 pm »

> test under what conditions my beetle can mutate/evolve and how I can guide it's evolution to select certain forms.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 21, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »

With Raburn’s help, carefully prepare and activate the pentacle, making sure that nothing catastrophic will happen, we will have enough space for all the equipment, and we’ll be able to get it to Bastet.

Raburn activates the pentacle smoothly. The result is an unimpressive crate that rattles slightly as it drops a few millimeters to the floor. Probably full of assorted parts, which would explain the complexity of the pentacle.

There are wheels and handles on the crate, so Raburn extricates it from the conjuration pentacle without too much difficulty. Meanwhile, you have been assembling a teleportation pentacle to send the crate to Nix’s lab.

Go over the data while the Pillbug replicates itself. I want to see if I can throw a portal from an stable point to the space above the moon. Being able to do so in any kind of effectiveness means I can send my Nano-bots to build a starting base.

And perhaps food as well.. See about the design of a Bio-alchemy machine capable of producing food from materials.

Also build a Water Purifier system based off my Nano-alchemy dissembler. Salt water will go in, and the Nanotech takes everything other than plain H2O bonds from it as it passes. Another brilliant invention to sell, and on a commercial scale, should solve any water issues the world has.

Hmm… you’re already using relative distance for portals on Earth, you would need to compensate for the orbit of the moon but that shouldn’t be too hard. Power requirements will be a problem due to the fact that the portal will only be maintained from one side at first, but you can set up some solar panels or something with the nano-assembler and the portal only needs to be big enough to fit a nanobot through.

(cornucopia) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 3+1+1 = 5] It’s essentially an automated mini-kitchen and the tastes aren’t quite the same, but the variety in acceptable materials makes it rather useful.

(purifier) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 1+1+1 = 3] The nanobots of your first prototype abruptly shut down during testing. After doing analysis, the problem seems to be that you failed to create an exhaust port for the stuff that isn’t water.

"ROOOAAAD TRIIIIP"

How far away? I still have funds from selling the piece of junk thing,so getting there wont be an issue.Keep going maan. Also,radio news pls.

You keep driving towards the desert.

You turn on the radio, but none of the channels are playing anything other than music for the moment. Oh, hey, you’re coming up on the state line.

(luck) [1d6 = 2]

Traffic’s slowing down. An accident? Wow, must be really bad. They’ve set up concrete barriers and they only have one lane open. Strange that all the cars inside the barrier are vans.

Cars are being really slow to go through.

”I warned you.”
Rip the warlock’s blood from his wounds with my telekinetic power, then use it to fuel a new curse of docility by using it to form the elder sign. Cast the curse at the dark pharaoh, and then try to mind-control them one last time.

(1d6 +3(psychic) -1(wounded) = 3+3-1 = 5) vs (1d6 +2(eldritch) -1(wounded) = 4+2-1 = 5)
You only manage to gather the blood firmly outside of his body, which does not harm him.

(elder sign) [1d6 +2(eldritch) +skill bonus+skill bonus(anti-eldritch effect of the elder sign on the dark pharaoh) -2(anti-eldritch effect of the elder sign on the spell) = 5 skill level 2] Against all odds, you curse the Dark Pharaoh with docility. Remnants of his emotions begin bubbling to the forefront of his mind, trying to shake off the spell, but…

...you are forced to counter the effects of an extraordinarily powerful blood-boiling curse first.
(counter) (1d6 +2(eldritch) +3(power) -1(wounded) = 6+2+3-1 = 10) vs (1d6 +2(precognition) +2(eldritch) +2(anti-eldritch) -1(wounded) = 4+2+2+2-1 = 9)
It is too powerful for you to counteract entirely, but you manage to bring its effects down to the barest minimum… which is still too much.

(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) -1(wounded) = 5+3+2-1 = 9) (1d6 +5(eldritch) -3(docile) = 1+5-3 = 3)
Somehow, you manage to do it. Even if it is temporary, an eldritch abomination stands before you, eyes vacant and unmoving.

Totally forgot
Check if I have psychic powers

After furiously squeezing your head in your hands and thinking really hard, you conclude that you do not currently have psychic powers.

Add a gate to the wall that's big enough for the RV to fit through, and teach the deer more chemistry stuff, then with the help of the deer build a cabin in the walled area.

(gate) [1d6 +1(deer allies) = 3+1 = 4] Fortunately, adding a gate proves not to be a problem.

You teach the deer more chemistry.

(cabin) [1d6 +1(deer allies) = 6+1 = 7] ...perhaps you got a little carried away. It started with you deciding to build a garage for the RV as well, and then you decided the garage would be connected to the cabin, and then you decided to cannibalize the wooden wall to fortify the house, and… somehow you ended up with a mobile wooden fortress/cabin/RV. It only moves at about five miles per hour, but still...

Professor Oak will finish assistant 2 training.
Professor Elm will try to create a Mankey.

(teaching) [1d6 +skill bonus = 1+1 = 2]
(learning) [1d6 = 3]
Unfortunately, he simply doesn’t yet understand enough about biology to be called a professor.

(mankey) [1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Meanwhile, Professor Elm creates a Mankey with ease.

Make zombies loyal to pharaoh again

Try to disrupt foul uneducated unbeliever with making his blood boil from pyramids curse
Nobody will remember you, madman.

Try to assist pharaoh in whatever he is doing

(1d6 +2(eldritch) -1(wounded) = 2+2-1 = 3) vs (1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) -1(wounded) = 5+3+2-1 = 9)
The mental assault backfires on you, but the paratrooper does not attempt to capitalize on your sudden dizziness.

[1d6 +2(eldritch) +1(staff) = 6+2+1 = 9] The spell is cast with power formerly unknown to you… but it does not kill him like you would expect. It merely brings him one step closer to death.

[1d6 +2(eldritch) = 1+2 = 3] The Dark Pharaoh is, at the moment, trying to resist having his mind dominated by the paratrooper. You leap into the mental fray… and are slammed back into your body by an offhand attack of the paratrooper.

And the Dark Pharaoh fails to resist. He will surely break free, but even a few seconds of him suddenly wishing to counter his normal goals...

Spoiler: Conversation (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

No response necessary.

No response necessary.
[/spoiler]

> test under what conditions my beetle can mutate/evolve and how I can guide it's evolution to select certain forms.

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] Apparently, it is always mutating. It normally focuses on all-around physical improvement, but can gain other mutations if the situation requires it. For example, if it needed to outrun a predator, it would gain speed, if it needed to survive a hit, it would gain durability, if it needed to dodge an unsurvivable blow, it would gain agility.

Turn 39 end.
Turn 40 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

We have a Discord. Join if you're a player, a waitlister, or just want to watch.
https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 21, 2019, 12:49:37 pm »

Professor Oak will try to finish assistant 2 training.
Professor Elm will make so mankey can evolve into primeape
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 21, 2019, 12:56:31 pm »

As soon as everything’s ready, let’s port the crate over to Nix’s lab, and then go over there ourselves; I want to see this happen.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 21, 2019, 01:44:09 pm »

"FHAK"
Do several long distance teleports in a circle to get around the roadblock. With the car. Then keep on driving.
I am a Goober.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 21, 2019, 02:35:16 pm »

"FHAK"
Do several long distance teleports in a circle to get around the roadblock. With the car. Then keep on driving.

Using the portal gun, or the near-completely ineffective teleporter? And what do you mean "in a circle?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 21, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »

”Bow down before your betters warlock, lest you meet your end.”
Siphon power and knowledge from the pharoh to heal myself, then send him through the portal the mummies came from, and order him to seal it back off. after having successfully removed the pharaoh from our dimension, break the warlocks mind into pieces and leave them in a coma if they refuse to submit.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2019, 01:00:31 am »

Siphon power and knowledge

Can you be more specific? Are you making him heal you, getting knowledge of healing spells, or what?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 22, 2019, 05:34:04 am »

Siphon power and knowledge

Can you be more specific? Are you making him heal you, getting knowledge of healing spells, or what?
knowledge of healing spells and energy to fuel them. also, any other spells he might know that I could reasonably cast.
also, what happened to the mummies? shouldnt they have attacked john?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42