Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 76639 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #600 on: February 04, 2019, 08:01:27 am »

Go over the data to see if they made it, if not see what went wrong and try again.

Afterward, finish the purifier, adding a way for the none-usable elements to leave the machine for later use in other projects..{Make sure to reference and mark the original design for reference in building it.}

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:33 am »

Well, did you know, that theatre was a gift of Nyarlothotep to mankind ? This play of his writing, for which we both are just mere actors   has many interesting scenes, and my role  seeems to have come to the end. Farewell, unenlightened fool. 

Place more horror marks on infidel and then ritually blow up myself with eldritch energy to blind him and empower god pharaoh with power of sacrifice

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:09 pm »

”excuse me, can you please not do that? I am trying to prevent this play from resulting in unwanted genocide.”
siphon the energy from his self-sacrifice and use it to dispel any new horrormarks put on me.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2019, 11:05:15 am »

Try to figure out what the actual fuck is going on. With scrying pentacles, psionics and the like if necessary.

Can’t send… that implies that Bastet has a physical representative but is using it for something else.

Adderson… the last you saw of him was when he boarded a plane to Egypt to once more avert doomsday. Is the extradimensional invasion he’s attempting to stop related?

After some scrying, you come to a conclusion.
Remember when you released your notes on arcanology to the public all those turns ago? Well, various people took note. They started designing pentacles, some of them in groups. Some sought to rule by the iron fist, others by the velvet glove. Most were defeated, either by each other or by the state, but in most countries, some group or group of groups rose to power by hook or by crook.

You attempt to establish a psionic communication link with Adderson, but at that distance, he will have to put effort into the connection to fully establish it.

”As interesting as that statement is, this does not bode well. I hope I can do this fast enough.”

wipe off this horror mark and pass it back to the warlock who put it on me. begin trying to process the flood of stolen knowledge in hopes of devising a banishment ritual before he decides to crush me with his sudden usage of mecha. If I do, start casting and pray that it works on them. If not... well, don’t think too hard about what will likely happen and RUN!

The horror mark has already faded from existence, its purpose served.

Hmmm… right now, if you tried to banish the Dark Pharaoh, it’d be a pretty even fight. That means it would take time, and that’s not something you have right now. Making a run for it it is, then.

Professor Oak will work into creating the metallic magic organs things needed to create magic animals.
Professor Elm will try to create a caterpie.
Assistant 2 now professor Birch will try to find a biological way to block physic powers

(magic organs) [1d6 = 2] Due to some bad luck and not yet having an average understanding of magic, you are unable to figure out the finer details of the magic organs.
(caterpie) [1d6 +skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Professor Elm creates a Caterpie.
(bio-anti-psychic) [1d6 = 6] The only concept Professor Birch has come up with is using a passive psychic aura powerful enough to suppress all other psychic powers within its area of effect. That might not be exactly what you want, though, and creating a psychic creature powerful enough to create an aura like that might be challenging.

"DOUBLE FHAK"
Get free by shooting the portal gun,get my everything,and hurry away off the road into wilderness. Again,using rapid teleports.

(battery) [1d6 = 1] The portal gun is out of power. You can’t even escape from the airbags.

The airbags do begin deflating, but you hear the sound of approaching tires from the direction of the road.
“This is Agent Calibri, FBI! Do not attempt to escape, we have you surrounded!”

look for an astronaut who knows how to fly spaceships for hire, contact NASA to see if they are still interested

Being an astronaut isn’t exactly the kind of thing that leaves you unwillingly unemployed.

NASA picks up on the third ring. “Oh, Mister… ah… Bonson. Listen, do you have anything that would help with an extraplanetary colony? I know you called us, but I’m told it’s fairly urgent.”

"Well none of that bodes well, guess its time to prepare for the coming apocalypse."
Keep teaching the deer about chemistry, use the gunpowder to make pipe bombs, then build a wall with a gate around the RV/fortress.

More chemistry lessons for the deer.

(bombs) [1d6 +skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You make a single pipe bomb.

(wall) [1d6 = 4] With the help of the deer, you put up a basic wooden wall. With a gate this time.

Go over the data to see if they made it, if not see what went wrong and try again.

Afterward, finish the purifier, adding a way for the none-usable elements to leave the machine for later use in other projects..{Make sure to reference and mark the original design for reference in building it.}

Well, they made it and are replicating now.

[1d6 +skill bonus +skill bonus = 3+1+1 = 5] At last, the water purifier design is finished.

Well, did you know, that theatre was a gift of Nyarlothotep to mankind ? This play of his writing, for which we both are just mere actors   has many interesting scenes, and my role  seeems to have come to the end. Farewell, unenlightened fool. 

Place more horror marks on infidel and then ritually blow up myself with eldritch energy to blind him and empower god pharaoh with power of sacrifice

[1d6 +2(eldritch) = 6+2 = 8] An astral horror of significant power, body blazing like the sun, manifests itself in orbit and begins rocketing down towards the paratrooper’s position.

[1d6 +2(eldritch) = 3+2 = 5] It is as if a spotlight flipped on at every point on your skin. You are momentarily weakened but still alive, and he is unaffected since he chose that moment to begin running away.

And then the robots arrive. Dozens of them, appearing from thin air and forming an outwards-facing circle around the paratrooper, they almost seem to crackle with power in a way you’ve never seen before.

”excuse me, can you please not do that? I am trying to prevent this play from resulting in unwanted genocide.”
siphon the energy from his self-sacrifice and use it to dispel any new horrormarks put on me.

(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) -1(power) = 1+3+2-1 = 5) vs (1d6 +3(power) = 1+3 = 4) You manage to distract the original horror, causing it to reverse its course, but the other horror is not so easily defied.

You feel a tickle at the back of your mind. It’s Erin, trying to establish telepathic communication.

The sands stop shaking. Is that a good sign?

… Yes, it is.

One of the robots approaches you.
Code: [Select]
I (that is to say, Bastet) have the situation well in hand. Do you want to return to your laboratory?

I’ve been told that Outsider is locked out of his Bay12 account, so he is dropped from the game since he hasn’t been able to get it back.

Turn 41 end.
Turn 42 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

We have a Discord. Join if you're a player, a waitlister, or just want to watch.
https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 07, 2019, 11:19:37 am »

”as much as I would like to pass this off to you Bastet, I don’t think you have the eldritch knowledge that is currently bouncing around in my skull. Also, I have to deal with an incoming astral horror and the Dark Pharaoh after that. your assistance for dealing with the mecha is appreciated though. Oh, And tell Erin the situation has escalated, and I can’t talk right now.”
If I can’t ward it off, i’ll just change it’s target. Direct the astral horror’s attention to the dark pharoh,  I can force them to fight eachother while I start the ritual to banish them both!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:19 am »

Try to figure out the full extent of the people that wanted to take charge with magic, determine what countries it is that they’ve taken and whether they made the situations there better or worse, and in each location where it’s been made worse, start looking into ways to take them back out of power.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:56:57 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 07, 2019, 11:53:37 am »

"Yes, only if I come as well, pick me up from (My current location)"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 07, 2019, 12:32:33 pm »

"TRIPLE FHAK"
shoot CATALYST BEAM at FBI people and things at FULL POWER!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:36:05 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 07, 2019, 03:51:42 pm »

Professor Oak will try to obtain an average understanding of magic.
Professor Elm will try to make so the caterpie can evolve into a metapod.
Professor Birch will try to find a way to make a biological creature inmune to psychic powers.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 08, 2019, 06:37:05 am »

Make some more pipe bombs, then set up a farm in the walled area, then teach the deer some more chemistry, and see if there's any news on the radio.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 09, 2019, 11:32:18 am »

Put water purifier into production with a new patent for the city. Call the mayor for this.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:27 pm »

Try to drive insane with eldritch visions whatever is controlling robots

Eldritchly mind wipe paratrooper

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 09, 2019, 03:49:25 pm »

Retaliate with my own psychic assault.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2019, 12:51:07 am »

It’s taken me a while to get myself to write this turn. Because of that, and since the ending was already fast approaching, I’ve made a decision in the interests of giving this game a satisfactory ending. There will be one final turn, and then there will be a Q&A session about the aftermath and the game in general.

”as much as I would like to pass this off to you Bastet, I don’t think you have the eldritch knowledge that is currently bouncing around in my skull. Also, I have to deal with an incoming astral horror and the Dark Pharaoh after that. your assistance for dealing with the mecha is appreciated though. Oh, And tell Erin the situation has escalated, and I can’t talk right now.”
If I can’t ward it off, i’ll just change it’s target. Direct the astral horror’s attention to the dark pharoh,  I can force them to fight eachother while I start the ritual to banish them both!

… I will pass your message on to Erin.

(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) = 4+3+2 = 9) vs (1d6 +4(eldritch) = 6+4 = 10)
The astral horror is not so easily distracted from its marked target.

You come under psychic assault from the warlock, but you easily suppress it.

Try to figure out the full extent of the people that wanted to take charge with magic, determine what countries it is that they’ve taken and whether they made the situations there better or worse, and in each location where it’s been made worse, start looking into ways to take them back out of power.

You receive an email from Bastet, stating that Dr. Adderson wishes to pass on the message that he is currently too busy.

Dropping the idea of the communication link for now, you begin researching the situation in more detail.

Full extent? I don’t understand that question.

What countries? Well, pretty much every country is undergoing coup attempts. The US, Canada, Iceland, and Greenland have managed to suppress them. Europe failed to suppress them, but representatives of the various conspirators are conducting negotiations for the formation of the European Reunion. In most other countries, the coup attempts are still ongoing.

Collateral damage has been fairly low due to the nature of the coups, but the standards of living have started dropping slightly due to the general chaos.

Ways to depose them? I’m not going to hand you a strategy on a silver platter.

"Yes, only if I come as well, pick me up from (My current location)"

“Alright then. You’ll be looking for a purple van in half an hour or so.”

About half an hour later, a car horn sounds outside. Looking out the window, you see a nondescript purple van.

"TRIPLE FHAK"
shoot CATALYST BEAM at FBI people and things at FULL POWER!

[1d6 +1 = 1+1 = 2] The catalyst beam… is also out of power.

The airbags finish deflating, allowing you to see a purple-colored van screech to a stop directly in front of you, with two grey-colored ones approaching from the sides.

”Come out of the vehicle with your hands up! You are under arrest!”

Professor Oak will try to obtain an average understanding of magic.
Professor Elm will try to make so the caterpie can evolve into a metapod.
Professor Birch will try to find a way to make a biological creature inmune to psychic powers.

(learn) [1d6 = 6] (see below)

(evolve) [1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] Professor Elm does so.

(immunize) [1d6 = 1] (see below)

Professor Oak, by accident, activates his test pentacle at the same time Professor Birch throws a test tube containing a not-quite-successful experiment across the room in anger. A marble-sized sphere of darkness appears in the pentacle, making your eyes water from staring at it. It begins to expand, growing slowly at first, then exponentially faster. As it passes the size of a desk, you start feeling pain even from glancing at it.

And then it abruptly shrinks into nothingness within a second or two. An electronic voice crackles to life.
Dare I ask how you (inadvertently at that) created the psychic equivalent of a false vacuum event?

Make some more pipe bombs, then set up a farm in the walled area, then teach the deer some more chemistry, and see if there's any news on the radio.

(bombs) [1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You make quite a few pipe bombs.

(farm) [1d6 = 5] You set up a farm inside your little gated community.

You teach the deer more chemistry.

No news on the radio, for some reason. Just country music.

Put water purifier into production with a new patent for the city. Call the mayor for this.

You have the water purifier patented, and you call the mayor. You could probably get him to agree to the same agreement as with the carbon scrubber plant.

(making contact) [1d6 +2(eldritch) = 4+2 = 6] You sense a singular presence, linked in some sense to every robot, but when you try to gain access to its mind you are firmly rebuffed.

(1d6 +2(eldritch) = 6+2 = 8) vs (1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) +2(counter-eldritch) = 5+3+2+2 = 12)
Both of you put up great effort, but with circumstances in his favor, he repulsed the attack and retaliated.

Events are happening around you, but you are too focused on the immediate battle.

A tangible blast of telepathic power closes the distance between the two of you and slams into your body, leaving you dazed, dizzy, dour, dumbfounded…
and dead?

No. A semitransparent void shimmers around you, giving off a feeling of commiseration mingled with disappointment.

Then… power surges through you.

A voice resounds in your ear.
I suspect that this may be my last chance to affect the world. If you fail me, it shall be for the last time. Win or lose, you must not surrender. Think on these questions: Has the sleeper stirred? If a dream is transcribed well enough by the dreamer, is it still merely a dream? If a toy is a toymaker, does it think like a toy or like its own toymaker? Does the serpent eat its own tail?

Retaliate with my own psychic assault.

(1d6 +7(weapon power) +2(weapon variety) +2(weapon quality) +3(numbers) = 3+7+2+2+3 = 17) vs (1d6 +6 (armor) = 6+6 = 12)
In unison, the dozens of combat robots open fire on the pyramech with lasers and railguns, reducing it to slag before the pilot can respond. The bubble of nothingness shoots up in a parabola...

(1d6 +3(psychic) +2(eldritch) = 6+3+2 = 11) vs (1d6 +2(eldritch) = 4+2 = 6)
...and lands directly on top of the warlock just as his mind begins to shatter, hiding him from less than a determined gaze.

The astral horror, glowing like the sun as it shoots down, abruptly explodes as a purple beam of light from the sky lances through it.

After the explosion, a silence settles over the desert…
A silence that is broken when the Mighty Messenger, the Dark Vizier, Nyarlathotep grows several hundred feet in height and breathes in menacingly.

Turn 42 end.
Turn 43 begin.

In this turn: IT LIIIIIIIIIIIVES

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

We have a Discord. Join if you're a player, a waitlister, or just want to watch.
https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 20, 2019, 05:12:18 am »

You absolute penis.
turn the prototype teleporter into a black hole device and activate it.
I am a Goober.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42