Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 76621 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)
« Reply #615 on: March 20, 2019, 12:26:49 pm »

*sigh*

Ok. Well, since the governments seem to be dealin well enough with the coup attempts, it’s time to see if I can help stop the end of the world.

Try to summon a truly massive amount of uncharged mana batteries on the location in Egypt where all the Eldritch shit is going down, and make sure they’re set up in such a way that they can start absorbing the energy in the area into themselves but not let it out.
After all, Eldritch magic is still magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:44 pm »

Get in the van
"So, is there a plan or are you so dedicated to headhunting scientists?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 20, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »

"I don't Know mysterious voice but I will"

Professor Oak will try to replicate the Physic false vacuum event.
Professor Elm will make so the metapod can evolve into butterfree.
Professor Birch will try to create an Axew
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 20, 2019, 11:53:57 pm »

XD

I'd like to sig this.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 21, 2019, 01:51:13 am »

"Well, looks like the worlds ending better stay in the fort and hold out."
Teach the deer about survival, have the deer help me dig a well, set up some spikes at the bottoms of the walls, and build some houses in the walled area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 21, 2019, 08:12:34 am »

XD

I'd like to sig this.

You can sig it If you want.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 21, 2019, 10:46:45 pm »

”enough of this, you are going back from whence you came, even if i have to drag you there physically!”
use all of my psychic power to make the dark pharoh go back through the portal! siphon his magical energy, use mental and telekinetic methods, hell, try to pull him through with my bare hands if i have to! just don’t let him stay in our world one minute more!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2019, 11:14:13 am »

My liege

Spoiler: secret action (click to show/hide)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (ended) (Q&A session ongoing)
« Reply #623 on: March 30, 2019, 11:39:30 am »

"Well, looks like the worlds ending better stay in the fort and hold out."
Teach the deer about survival, have the deer help me dig a well, set up some spikes at the bottoms of the walls, and build some houses in the walled area.

[1d6 = 2] The deer consider themselves quite knowledgeable about survival, being wild animals. Although it’s likely true that you still have a unique perspective on the subject, they aren’t interested in it.

[1d6 +1(deer) = 2+1 = 3] After digging for a bit, you come across a small underground river. Nothing substantial, though.

[1d6 = 5] You set up quite a few spikes along the bottom of the walls.

[1d6 = 6] They are most certainly houses… but they’re clearly designed for deer, and are rather uncomfortable for people. Perhaps that’s a blessing in disguise, though. You already have the… RV thing.

ROLL INTRODUCTION.

In this turn: Stuff happens.

This is the final turn mentioned previously. You may now start asking me questions: Whether in this thread or on Discord.
https://discord.gg/UmMhHzg

CUT TO NEXT SCENE.

You absolute penis.
turn the prototype teleporter into a black hole device and activate it.

[1d6 = 2] Having few tools accessible at the moment, your frantic fumbling with the teleporter accomplishes nothing.

SWAT officers and FBI agents disembark from the vans, some of them in purple uniforms. Several of them start sprinting to your vehicle, drawing weapons as they do so.

[1d6 = 6]

One of the purple-uniformed FBI agents makes a pulling motion, and the teleporter flies out of your hands and through the windshield, shattering it. It continues towards him, and he catches it and sets it down on the ground.

(1d6 +2(weapons)+1(numbers) +2(training) +1(psychic assistance) =2+2+1+2+1 = 8) vs (1d6 = 1)
A SWAT officer leaps onto the hood of your car and tazes you point-blank. Another officer smashes through the driver-side window with a baton, unlocks and opens the door, and hauls you out. Your hands are quickly cuffed behind your back, and you slip into unconsciousness as a purple figure moves towards you.

FADE TO BLACK. CUT TO NEXT SCENE.

*sigh*

Ok. Well, since the governments seem to be dealin well enough with the coup attempts, it’s time to see if I can help stop the end of the world.

Try to summon a truly massive amount of uncharged mana batteries on the location in Egypt where all the Eldritch shit is going down, and make sure they’re set up in such a way that they can start absorbing the energy in the area into themselves but not let it out.
After all, Eldritch magic is still magic.

[1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(Raburn’s assistance) = 5 skill level 1] The pentacle is quickly assembled and activated. Nothing to do now but wait to know what happens…

Wait. Your phone is ringing. It’s Bastet.
Code: [Select]
The Egypt situation is ongoing, but I have a plan to deal with the coup attempts. A sort of… semi-perpetual procedure. A doctrine…

Get in the van
"So, is there a plan or are you so dedicated to headhunting scientists?"

A man in a suit is sitting across from you.
“Of course we have a plan. With your expertise, N.A.T.R. will win the Second Space Race before it even begins. From there, quelling the revolutions will be simple, as will restoring order in the affected countries. Strategic Director “Spearhead” will brief you on the details. Details about them are classified, so don’t be surprised to hear a distorted, mechanical voice.”
He hands you a smartphone, and you take it.
Bernarnd Bonson. Allow me to explain the Bastion Doctrine to you…
Wait. You recognize that voice.

Professor Elm will make so the metapod can evolve into butterfree.
Professor Birch will try to create an Axew

Professor Oak’s equipment spontaneously self-destructs. It seems that you have metaphorically struck a nerve of the voice.
WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO DO THAT

[1d6+skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Professor Elm fails to do so.

[1d6+skill bonus = 6-1 = 5] Professor Birch successfully creates an Axew.

Despite your best attempt at ending the world, Samuel Oak, the Bastion Doctrine is about to take effect, which means I won’t have to micromanage you.

What does that mean?

TricMagic’s turn (action submitted through PM):
Eh, build the full portal and head for the moon.

[1d6+1 +skill bonus(machine) +skill bonus(nanoforge) = 1+1+1+1 = 4] You assemble a human-sized portal as the parts are created by the nanoforge, but you then realize that you don’t have a spacesuit… yet. Having the nanoforge make one wouldn’t be too hard.

A disembodied voice speaks up.
Dr. Anamolate, as per the Bastion Doctrine, you and your creations are now under review for any existential threats to humanity…

My liege

Spoiler: secret action (click to show/hide)

Hmm… yes. Though I am loath to trust your advice, it is true that the gains are too good to pass up. I had hoped that my other servant in this era would be able to sway people to my side, but it was a secondary objective and time did not permit it. He will guard my physical form in the short amount of time this will take. It is best, I think, to fully transform you into the appropriate form, instead of a mere projection...

Suddenly, you find yourself in… “cyberspace” is perhaps the best word for it. The Internet appears as a vast web of hyperlinks and information, and you are approaching a site with many connections to the rest of the web. You glance to the side and slightly behind you, and you see the Dark Vizier alongside you.

CUT TO NEXT SCENE.

”enough of this, you are going back from whence you came, even if i have to drag you there physically!”
use all of my psychic power to make the dark pharoh go back through the portal! siphon his magical energy, use mental and telekinetic methods, hell, try to pull him through with my bare hands if i have to! just don’t let him stay in our world one minute more!

The Dark Vizier shifts slightly, and the portal closes. There goes your plan.

But… wait. He’s doing something… he’s trying to hack the Internet! Well, looks like he’s going to get a technopathic surprise. You transfer your consciousness to cyberspace, searching for him… and you find him, along with the warlock. The warlock points at you, and the Dark Vizier turns its head slightly.

(In the physical world, the robots relax slightly. They must have a plan. In addition, dozens of strange objects appear and begin to siphon the Dark Vizier’s strength.)

CUT TO NEXT SCENE: JOHN WEST’S POV.

At last, you are backed up by the full force of the Mighty Messenger! Now it is time to see what happens when it is his turn to lose.
He takes a protective stance in front of the website you are approaching.
You are five seconds away… three seconds away… one second away- a featureless grey sphere forms around you and the Dark Vizier, trapping you inside. The Dark Vizier performs a gesture that is the equivalent of splaying one’s fingers, with the key difference that seeing it can drive a human insane.

CUT TO NEXT SCENE: DR. ADDERSON’S POV.

You have been gathering your energy, and as you are about to unleash it, the warlock and Dark Vizier are hidden from your view by a metallic wall.
You hear Bastet’s voice.
Trust me, meatspace is going to be a much more entertaining view than bitspace.

You blink, and your eyes open in the physical world, just in time to see and hear the pyramid explode. Only two things remain recognizable: An enormous circular opening into an underground chamber, and a massive lid of the same size, covered with runes. And then the opening sinks into the sands, hiding the chamber from view.

The Dark Vizier performs a gesture that is the equivalent of blinking, with the key difference that seeing it can drive a human insane. He is clearly surprised.

The shimmering sphere collapses inward and vanishes, whatever was creating it apparently destroyed.

The Dark Vizier growls in a low tone of voice. Suddenly, an image of two closed eyes appear on the inside of the sphere, directly in front of the Dark Vizier. They blink open…

0000100 4 “EOT” “End of transmission”

...and the Dark Vizier vanishes from cyberspace.

The eyes close and shift their position to directly in front of you. They blink open…

0001000 8 “BS” “Backspace”

...and you know no more.

The Dark Vizier jerks abruptly, as if violently removed from cyberspace. Only now does he notice the devices that have been sapping his power. He moves to destroy them, as if in slow motion...

And then… a massive jar-like structure of solid stone, lined with runes, erupts from the ground around the Dark Vizier, too quickly for his weakened form to react. The lid of the underground chamber teleports onto the open top of the jar, forming a perfect fit and sealing away Nyarlathotep.

All of the robots but one have vanished. The remaining one steps towards you.
The Bastion Doctrine is now in full effect. Allow me to explain what that means…

FADE TO BLACK. ROLL CREDITS.

As Erin Quill: Glass
As Allam Aarant: Shadowclaw777
As Bernarnd Bonson: Rockeater
As Amadeus Nix: NRDL
As Samuel Oak: ziizo
As Master Monster: MonkeyMarkMario
As Dr. Adderson: Dustan Hache
As Dr. Unpleasant: King Zultan
As John West: sprinkled chariot
As Dr. Anamolate: TricMagic
As Dr. Bob: King Zultan
As Lero Yenkovich: magmaholic
As Excellen Young: Outsider

As Dark Vizier: The_Two_Eternities
As Bastet: The_Two_Eternities

As GM: The_Two_Eternities

FADE TO BLACK. ROLL POST-CREDITS EXPOSITION SCENE.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 30, 2019, 07:45:42 pm »

So why the mysterious voice was angry about me trying to re-create the physic false vacuum event?

It didn't looked that dangerous.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 31, 2019, 04:08:55 am »

Are we gonna get one of those things that says what happened to our characters after the story?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 31, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »

So why the mysterious voice was angry about me trying to re-create the physic false vacuum event?

It didn't looked that dangerous.

It was only not-dangerous because the mysterious voice stopped it before it could get dangerous.

Are we gonna get one of those things that says what happened to our characters after the story?

Probably not. I write robots shooting wizards, not slice-of-life in near-future soft science fiction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 01, 2019, 04:58:08 am »

Are you gonna post the Q&A stuff from the Discord here?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]