Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post mortem quest givers?  (Read 580 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Post mortem quest givers?
« on: September 22, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

I just had a quester demand that I'd hand over "On The Trees" to him for delivery to a character, and the quester claimed to have started a few months ago. However, exported Legends info (viewed with Legends Viewer) shows that the quest giver died towards the end of the previous year, and the quester demand happened after the 20:th of the 12:th, which means the quest giver has been dead for over a year. I suspect it just a bug, rather than a deliberately lying quester, but regardless, I refused the demand (a liar doesn't deserve it, and a dead quest giver has no use for it).

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
Re: Post mortem quest givers?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 01:39:16 pm »

I thought it'd be fixed by now, not that it ever happened to me only once in fortress mode where my entire fortress supposedly died five years ago but i was still playing as them. I really don't like the thought of dead histfigs still influencing the world, like i've also found a couple of them like that in my current legends mode. you should upload a save to the bug tracker

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 05:33:37 pm »

I just had a quester demand that I'd hand over "On The Trees" to him for delivery to a character, and the quester claimed to have started a few months ago. However, exported Legends info (viewed with Legends Viewer) shows that the quest giver died towards the end of the previous year, and the quester demand happened after the 20:th of the 12:th, which means the quest giver has been dead for over a year. I suspect it just a bug, rather than a deliberately lying quester, but regardless, I refused the demand (a liar doesn't deserve it, and a dead quest giver has no use for it).
Was this a 44.12 genned world? There was a bug messing up Legends that was fixed in 44.04.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10452

That's not the same as the bug mentioned above where everyone killed as a player fortresses is wiped out in worldgen actually survive. That one is really annoying.
(sure it's on the tracker somewhere, can't find it right now).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 05:40:09 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:26:41 am »

It's a 0.44.12 generated world/fortress, yes.