Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Mastering the Group"  (Read 924 times)

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Mastering the Group"
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:22:18 pm »

had a poet arrive at my fortress with two books, both authored by himself, the second book was rather boring, so I won't mention it, but the first "Mastering the Group" was rather funny, it was divided into 5 chapters, the first two concerning the Fortress Milewheel, but the other 3 are about the rise of a terrible hyena who committed the horrendous crimes of eating a bird and cat. Though it was rather funny and decided to share
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: "Mastering the Group"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:46:50 am »

It was probably intended as a fable, though I wouldn't understand the moral. Maybe a dwarf would do. Or maybe the moral was in the lost sixth chapter...

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:17:26 am »

I don't know what to make of the first two chapters but I can imagine the other three chapters are a fairy tale about a hyena helping a cat eat a bird.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:07 am »

The third chapter describes a hyena who swallowed a fly, but not why it would swallow a fly, the reader is left to assume that the hyena will die for swallowing a fly. The story then moves to the hyena swallowing a bird to catch the fly but we still don't know why the hyena swallowed the fly from which it may die. Compounding matters, the hyena then swallows a cat, imagine that, it swallowed a cat to catch the bird, who we should remember was swallowed to catch the fly, from which the hyena might still die. Ultimately, and frustratingly, the book leaves us with no answer as to why the hyena swallowed the fly and whether it will die from swallowing the fly despite the remedial efforts.