Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troll pulls shirt over head and disappears  (Read 2027 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troll pulls shirt over head and disappears
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:53 pm »

So I had a "!" special attack against a troll's eye by biting it, and the text read that the attack against its eye was deflected by its shirt. In the next instance, the troll totally vanished like magic. I checked the announcements and it says the troll charges at a goblin. Somehow it made it across a big room, like 20 tiles in an instant.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troll pulls shirt over head and disappears
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:59:42 pm »

Some pieces of armor provide coverage for the face and if you're using Grimlocke's that changes which ones do.

As for the charge - are you sure you didn't do something that took a long time and just made it look instantaneous?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 10:46:03 pm »

Some pieces of armor provide coverage for the face and if you're using Grimlocke's that changes which ones do.

As for the charge - are you sure you didn't do something that took a long time and just made it look instantaneous?

Nope. It was literally in the next click, or press, of an attack and the troll was on the other side of at least twenty tiles. I had it on the ground too, so it did something strange standing up I think.

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:07:23 pm »

That dwarf's jawline is so unfathomably muscular that the sheer kinetic energy of the bite propelled the troll to 1/10 light speed.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 05:24:34 pm »

That dwarf's jawline is so unfathomably muscular that the sheer kinetic energy of the bite propelled the troll to 1/10 light speed.

It truly was a disappearing act. I suppose Grimlocke's mod made the shirt cover its face, but in the next instant the troll was on the other end of a huge room and had charged into a goblin, perhaps as if it was in mid-air and collided, I'm not sure, but my human adventurer was going really fast at a run all throughout, so it wasn't his speed.