Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

What is the best race to play as

<< < (2/3) > >>

Grand Sage:
well, the wiki actually lists all three as 60,000 cm^3 at adult.

To answere OP's question: I usuallt play dwarfs or humans. Dwarfs have this neat trick were they go into a martial trance when outnumbered, and humans have a size advantage for charging. sometimes i also play animal people, or goblins, but very rarely elves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)there is a guy on this forum who claims, that if you discover a vault in adventure mode, retire, start a fort, raise an army and occupy the vault, you will be able to play as the angels of that vault, since they are now part of your civ. So thats an awesome adventurer for you ;)

《monty》:
I often play cougar men just for the convenience of their size - they're right between dwarf/elf/goblin and human, so they can wear any armor you come across.

snow dwarf:
I enjoy playing crocodile men. They're big and powerful, but not as OP as rhino or elephant men. I generally enjoy animal mej.

Cathar:
Gorlak.

I don't understand why gorlak is not the obvious answer. They have tusks. They are round. They even have legs and stubby arms. I just don't know what else to ask for, they are just OP

Lemunde:
I usually play as humans but I do that with most games. I do find that most of the armor I pick up is under-sized so it makes it a little more difficult unless I'm hunting bandits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version