Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.8.68  (Read 33634 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.8.22
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2019, 07:08:49 pm »

Thank you for the reminder, I'll grab those as soon as I start implementing things.

*I have begun working.

**The blood and gore trees are now red. I went ahead and allowed them to spawn near water as well as far away. I also removed their restriction to temperate biomes. They are also currently confined to Evil terrain. Is this intentional? Finally, I've made the potmen playable in Adventure mode and capable of joining civs. More testing is required, but I should be able to upload the changes tomorrow if nobody has any new additions and nothing unexpected happens.

***Unexpected things occurred today. I've got most things ready, but I need to finish up the necropandas and I'd like more time for testing.

****Necropandas are working, tomorrow I'll do some gameplay testing. The pandas are visually indistinguishable from regular pandas. I added the giant and man versions as well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 12:36:34 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2019, 09:45:24 am »

Great work Enemy post.

I was thinking about adding cars/motorcycles as tameable, mountable creatures to the game. I haven't the slightest clue on how to do body modding for stuff like that though. But the idea of free-roaming Nissans and politicians charging you with their armies of Humvees or the hippies using Volkswagen busses to carry their goods in caravans just makes me crack up.

Spoiler: Bodyless code for cars (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2019, 10:21:07 am »

Giant Necropandas.

What have we unleashed?

Good work indeed!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2019, 10:23:57 am »

Thanks for the contribution, Lemonpie! Actually, I already added motorcycles, and I've made cars before in my Half Life pack, so it should be easy to add them here. I'll make them separate creatures so that the various factions drive appropriate vehicles. If anyone has more ideas for cars, that'd be welcome. I want to add Trabants and police cars, but I'm not really a car guy so I could use the suggestions.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2019, 02:27:26 pm »

If there's normal cars, the gunfolk should have tanks. Essentially, they would be two-wheeled cars with a cannon body part that can shoot globs of whatever as an interaction. The cavemen should have Flintstones cars as well, that I reckon should be just as fast as the cavemen's base speed, but I haven't watched the Flintstones, so I can't say for sure.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:07 pm »

I've almost got the first car working. I'm making a generic one first, so that I can see what works and then copy/modify it to make all the specific ones. I have a question, though. Should cars and motorcycles be able to breed? I could give them genders to allow it, or I could make them genderless. Genderless cars would be a bit more "realistic", but gendered cars would allow our forumites to have pet car puppies. Also, if we give them the ability to breed, should they lay eggs? It's not essential that they breed, we can still capture wild Mustangs or buy cars from merchants either way.

I feel MottledPetral's memorable conversation on lawnmower reproduction deserves a link here.

*The generic car has been completed. Oh, by the way, thanks for the suggestions Voliol.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:57:44 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2019, 05:10:44 am »

I'd say no reproduction, personally
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2019, 06:37:43 am »

I agree with not having them reproduce as well

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2019, 01:13:51 pm »

**The blood and gore trees are now red. I went ahead and allowed them to spawn near water as well as far away. I also removed their restriction to temperate biomes. They are also currently confined to Evil terrain. Is this intentional?
They are trees made of bone and muscle. I think that sounds evil-aligned, but it is not necessary for that to be the case.

About automobiles, politicians should get limousines; cavemen should get the Flintstones type car; Threadromancers should get either ambulances, food trucks, or meatmobiles; trolls should have something that's named something but actually is something else, for the lulz; Haxxors should get the spy movie hacker van that they always have the hacker sit in while someone infiltrates; Gamers should have a wide variety of gaming-related vehicles; Gunfolk should have tanks. No idea what ninjas should have.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2019, 03:26:12 pm »

No idea what ninjas should have.
A Japanese brand I imagine. Toyota, Honda, Daihatsu, Nissan, Suzuki, Mazda and Mitsubishi are all Japanese according to google.

I vote for Nissan

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »

Thanks for the ideas, I'll get to work on implementing them. Got distracted today, but I'll see about getting the first few cars done.

*Alright, I worked for a bit and got Nissans, limos, and the Trabant done. This shouldn't take too long. Any objects to making the Trabant the standard car for forumites?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:12:06 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2019, 07:34:32 pm »

Trabants fit the forumites perfectly!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2019, 10:35:01 pm »

Thanks. I'm working on the cars again. One left for the basic designs, then I'll assign the cars to civs, do a bit of basic testing and then maybe release. I still need to do more testing in advance of Necrothreat V, but I figure it would be counterproductive to prevent others from seeing the work.

Also, I made the troll invaders immune to fire for some reason.

*I've released the new version. The new features are  Tear of Omer and eye of the Bear gems, fossil bone, bonium, Necropandas, Potmen, Gore trees and cars. The cars I added were Nissans, limos, Trabants, police cars, Teslas, ambulances, hippie vans, Humvees, hacker vans, tanks, Halo Warthogs, Flintstones cars, simple generic cars, and fire trucks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:16:55 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.8.3
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:30 am »

I've been looking through the raws, and the gun people do both have various positions specified (top gun, gun lord, gun lord, sheriff), and [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL][SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]. Won't the latter override the former?

Also, gamers have fedoras specified for them two times in their raws, and the hellakopters have an extra copy of [ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER][ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING][ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN][ACTIVE_SEASON:WINTER] at the end of theirs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11