Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.8.68  (Read 33584 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

I tried using the language_words that came with Teh LOLmod when telling DFlang which words to use, so there should be words for taco, video games etc.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

Dwarf Fortress is kind of a progenitor to Minecraft, and Minecraft is digital legos. Dwarffortress is also digital, and thus Dwarf Fortress should have legos. Also other generic plastics that could be used in the future for making various stuff. Here's a link.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

You've been doing some excellent work lately. I'll add the legos when I get a chance.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website

Well, it's a good thing you hadn't added those lego raws yet, because they were riddled with bugs. On the bright side, those bugs are now fixed and I added lego alloys for mined data and bonium, and here is the download: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14354

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.43
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2019, 12:46:45 pm »

Thanks. My computer fell apart on me, but after I'm done fixing it I'll add your legos.

*Sorry for the wait. The legos have been added.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:36:43 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.43
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2019, 09:54:28 am »

I had another goal than the legos when first envisioning this plastic pack. Namely, the prospect of corrugaphones.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.44
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2019, 10:11:46 am »

Alright, they're in.
My mods and forum games.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »

Question: How many civs are there and what sort of creatures inhabit these civs?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2019, 02:11:22 pm »

There are 14 civ types: forumites, hippies, humans, goblins, kobolds, ninjas, politicians, necrothreaders, trolls, haxxors, gamers, hellacopters, gunfolk, and cave men.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2019, 12:22:45 pm »

Hey, I got an idea. A curse that makes the cursed turn into a troll at the full moon. "Urist was cursed to forever stalk the internet, seeking Lulz."
The hippies should have a pet tree, which has an interaction that gives the hippies an interaction to hug the tree, or the hippies should just start with the tree-huggin interaction.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2019, 01:32:47 pm »

Something like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2019, 10:58:02 pm »

I'll get these added soon.

*I tested the treants and fixed a few bugs. I found in testing that they are surprisingly weak, with unarmed peasants being able to easily tear them apart. I can fix this, but I wanted to check if you wanted me to or if you'd prefer them to be fragile.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:22:19 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 11:57:30 am »

Oh, that's fine by me, really. I'm kind of surprised though, I'd expected wood to be stronger than that. Arguably they could be made much larger as well, I just put in the size of giant tigers because the treants were as big as those in 23a.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2019, 12:09:53 pm »

Generally, anything made of a single material is much weaker than you'd expect because the game concentrates the full force of any hits on the single layer of material. I'll see about making them a bit tougher.

*I've figured out part of the problem. Their size tokens are missing a zero, so instead of a size they just have a note saying that they take 1894500 days to fully grow. They're still weak though, so I'll see if I can improve them. At the moment, fights between them and peasants either end in a mutual kill or a victory for the peasant.

**Ok, I see two ways I can improve their odds. #1, I could rework their bodies to have more layers, a bit like a forumech. #2, I could give them more bodyparts so they aren't always getting hit somewhere essential. Which would you prefer? I could also do both.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:57:28 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2019, 10:25:21 am »

1. Maybe add multiple wood layers? Is that an option?
2. "Legos". You mean caltrops.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11