Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.8.68  (Read 33348 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.44
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2019, 12:01:20 pm »

Oops, I forgot about the treants. I'll get back on it.

*Alright, I tried to find an easier way, but I couldn't get it to work. I'll just need to build them a real set of materials in the same style as the forumechs.

**Hey, I finally figured it out! I looked at the Hambinger of Baconing to figure out how to give them a two-layer body. They now have a more functional layer of wooden tissue inside them and a protective skin of bark. With that and proper connections, they react to damage properly. I'll give them a bit more testing and then probably release.

***Alright, the new content is finished and uploaded. Sorry for taking so long on that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:30:24 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.45
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2019, 09:23:47 am »

Pandas should have
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILK:MILK_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen panda's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen panda's milk]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:panda's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:panda's milk]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling panda's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling panda's milk]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHEESE:CREATURE_CHEESE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:SOLID:panda cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:SOLID:panda cheese]
[STATE_NAME:SOLID_POWDER:panda cheese powder]
[STATE_ADJ:SOLID_POWDER:panda cheese powder]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:melted panda cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:melted panda cheese]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling panda cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling panda cheese]
[PREFIX:NONE]
in reference to these commercials (Panda Cheese, youtube). I suppose the evil pandas should have it as well. Or maybe just the evil pandas should have it, but I worry it wouldn't really be available then, and thus lost on the player.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.45
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2019, 11:12:26 am »

Those commercials are funny. The change has been uploaded.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [Community Mod 44.12]Teh LOLmod 1.8.451
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2019, 01:19:17 pm »

I'm thinking of adding more cooking stuff and specific recipes to the mod (burgers, hot dogs, burger kingtm burgers etc.), however, there are several methods for doing this. I've not fully tested them out, but there are seemingly three (3) different ways of implementing new food items, and I'd like you to help me choose between them. I will be using burgers for the examples below.

1.  With this method you can make burgers from any meat-bearing animal, but the burgers are all the same (cow meat => burger, tiger meat => burger). Old raws won't have to be edited at all, and the result is fully compatible with any mod.

2. With this method you can make burgers from a few specified meat-bearing animals, but each animal gives a specific burger (cow meat => cow burger, tiger meat => tiger burger). Old raws will have to be edited for any animal you want to make burgers out of, and this can conflict with any mod editing those raws.

3. With this method you can make burgers from any meat-bearing animal, and each animal gives a specific burger (cow meat => cow burger, tiger meat => tiger burger). However, the very basal b_detail_plan_default.txt will be edited, and this can conflict with any mod editing it.

Things to consider:
  • 1. not having specific burgers means cow burgers, tiger burgers, and dragon burgers will all have the same value.
  • 2. or a combination of 2. and 3. would allow us to have a specific animal give a specific burger, say, having dragon burgers being really spicy.
  • Similar methods can be used for plant-derived foods as well, except there is no substitute for 3., so plants will have to use either 1. or 2..

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »

I think 3 is best. This mod already edits vanilla raws, so doing it more shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for doing this!
My mods and forum games.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2019, 12:14:00 pm »

Can there be a syndrome that turns characters that eat their own kinds meat into wendigoes? I understand that there aren't many ways to eat sentient meat, let alone your own kind's, but it is possible in even vanilla DF.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »

You could have a syndrome associated to, say, dwarven meat that turns the afflicted into a wendigo, and restrict it to only affect dwarves. And so on with other sentient species. You'd have to specify the syndrome for each and every sentient you want to be wendigo-turnable though.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2019, 02:16:42 pm »

I could code this, but I haven't coded DF in a while, and would prefer if someone else would code it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2019, 06:57:52 pm »

I could code this, but I haven't coded DF in a while, and would prefer if someone else would code it.

maybe this... not tested though and just came up with it quickly.

interaction_wendigo

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:wendigo_DWARF_WENDIGO]
   [I_SOURCE:INGESTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:wendigo dwarf]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:wendigo dwarf]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:CE:CREATURE:wendigo_WENDIGO_DWARF:ALL]

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2019, 09:46:14 pm »

Thanks for the help, Brolol. We'll need more work to get the full version made, however.
My mods and forum games.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2019, 06:25:58 am »

Here is a wendigo creature template. Someone else will have to take over from here if they want to see this idea come to life.

creature_wendigo

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:wendigo_WENDIGO_DWARF]
   [COPY_TAGS_FROM:DWARF]
   [CV_REMOVE_TAG:INTELLIGENT]
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:CAVE_ADAPT]   
        [CV_REMOVE_TAG:DIURNAL]
   [APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]
   [GO_TO_START]
   [NAME:dwarf wendigo:dwarf wendigos:dwarf wendigo]
   [CASTE_NAME:dwarf wendigo:dwarf wendigos:dwarf wendigo]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:dwarf wendigo:dwarf wendigos:dwarf wendigo]
   [DESCRIPTION:A crazed blood thirsty wendigo]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'w']
   [CARNIVORE]
        [LARGE_PREDATOR]
        [CRAZED]
   [GO_TO_END]
        [NOCTURNAL]

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2019, 06:43:30 am »

After not having access to a proper computer/my DF files for a few months I am back and finalizing the food stuff. It should be done within a few days, all that's left that I know of is testing.

Also, while doing so I encountered some bugs, namely that the forumites (and other civs) don't have any of the plastic/lego reactions, so that should either be added now separately, or I'll add them myself with the food reactions. Doing it now on the forum (or later on the forum) would have the up-side of being able to discuss which civs get to have which reactions.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2019, 09:51:53 am »

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'd think that the appropriate races to have plastic would be the forumites, humans, hippes, necrothreaders, trolls, haxxors, gamers, and goblins. Just my opinion, though.
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2019, 12:26:13 pm »

Another heads-up. I've implemented hamburgers (2 types), sausages that can be made into hot dogs (which can be garnished with ketchup), and chips and fries from a selected few tubers and roots. There's also milling salt, and a creature called a bun-ny that you get hamburger and hot dog buns from. I want to talk about two things in this post.

First, if there are any recipes you want implemented I could do it now while I'm at it. Maybe some civ-specific ones? I've already made veggie burgers for the hippies.

Second, what do you guys know about stockpile options in DF modding? I've looked through them but I'm not sure what/which categor(y/ies) I should use for the new food items. From what I've obtained from the wiki material definition tokens is the main method for deciding what stockpile option they should appear under, but there's also the item type... Well, it's not too bad, worst case scenario I just turn them all into cheese items that should be categorized under cheese, I'm pretty sure that would work.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »

I like the ideas. Sorry I don't have much of anything useful to add. I haven't done anything with stockpiles, and I don't have any food ideas right now.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11