Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

Troll pulls shirt over head and disappears

(1/1)

Bob69Joe:
So I had a "!" special attack against a troll's eye by biting it, and the text read that the attack against its eye was deflected by its shirt. In the next instance, the troll totally vanished like magic. I checked the announcements and it says the troll charges at a goblin. Somehow it made it across a big room, like 20 tiles in an instant.

Ziusudra:
Some pieces of armor provide coverage for the face and if you're using Grimlocke's that changes which ones do.

As for the charge - are you sure you didn't do something that took a long time and just made it look instantaneous?

Bob69Joe:

--- Quote from: Ziusudra on September 19, 2018, 09:59:42 pm ---Some pieces of armor provide coverage for the face and if you're using Grimlocke's that changes which ones do.

As for the charge - are you sure you didn't do something that took a long time and just made it look instantaneous?

--- End quote ---

Nope. It was literally in the next click, or press, of an attack and the troll was on the other side of at least twenty tiles. I had it on the ground too, so it did something strange standing up I think.

Mort Stroodle:
That dwarf's jawline is so unfathomably muscular that the sheer kinetic energy of the bite propelled the troll to 1/10 light speed.

Bob69Joe:

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on October 13, 2018, 05:07:23 pm ---That dwarf's jawline is so unfathomably muscular that the sheer kinetic energy of the bite propelled the troll to 1/10 light speed.

--- End quote ---

It truly was a disappearing act. I suppose Grimlocke's mod made the shirt cover its face, but in the next instant the troll was on the other end of a huge room and had charged into a goblin, perhaps as if it was in mid-air and collided, I'm not sure, but my human adventurer was going really fast at a run all throughout, so it wasn't his speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version