Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ruin Exploration and other missions  (Read 599 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ruin Exploration and other missions
« on: September 20, 2018, 04:18:33 am »

Am I missing something? I seem to have quite a few sites that are no longer affiliated to a civ but still inhabited. I can only create missions to "explore those sites", as if they were empty ruins... and even so, I would like to reclaim a bunch of ruins without retiring my fortress that is currently the mountainhome; has anybody got any solution for this?

Also: do I understand it correctly that you can only send away dwarves to stay when their destination is a hostile place? Meaning that the messenger only allows to call dwarves TO your fortress?

What mission type creates what kind of affiliation? So far I've only seized and it get's me "occupied holdings"... more specifically, how do you get "vassal holdings"? And do we even know the implications of those different diplomatical relationship status?
let

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin Exploration and other missions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 10:59:00 am »

Can't answer most of the questions, but you can send people TO affiliated holdings and as well as exile them completely. It took me a while to find it, but the order was on the individual characters' job section, and I've only sent 3 monster slayer to a cave that linked itself to my site economically, without being part of my civ (or any action on my part). I don't think a messenger can get people back from those sites.

I'm guessing vassal holdings are hillocks created by your civ and then attaching those to your site. I don't think there's any different in how hillocks and occupied sites work at the moment: we'll have to wait and see if they're fleshed out in this arc or that will wait until some unspecified time after the Myth & Magic arc.

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 01:14:02 am »

You can call back people you've exiled using your messengers. They might move around though; I banished all my way-below-average migrants to one hillock; they were definitely there in the past but I can't find them now.
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 01:19:13 am »

You can call back people you've exiled using your messengers. They might move around though; I banished all my way-below-average migrants to one hillock; they were definitely there in the past but I can't find them now.
You can call back the pets of a squad too.
It won't tell you that's an animal you're looking at in the list (legendary climber gives the cats away).