Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: Fall From Grace 2.53 (LEGACY THREAD)  (Read 25806 times)

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Fall From Grace 1.75
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2021, 03:02:38 pm »

an eastern expansion was what I was really hoping for, especially after binging Kimetsu no Yaiba and watching my best friend play Sekiro.

There are already fantasy easterners in the tropics who formed city states as a preview. They ride gigantic centipedes and have knight armor styled like samurai.

are there plans to turn your plane ideas into standalone mods in the meantime? It'll probably be several years before the planar update and that's if we're lucky enough to get it with magic.

I've considered it, it would just be a significant amount of work so I've been hesitant since I have other stuff to deal with and I want to polish the content I have for my patrons.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:21:55 pm by squamous »
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2021, 10:10:54 pm »

While mucking about in the object testing arena I noticed something. When a holy necromancer uses its resurrection ability, the resurrected saint will die shortly from blood loss from its open wounds once more. Another problem is that when the resurrection spell is used on a mangled corpse, the raised saint will die in one blow, no matter the severity, most likely due to the universe remembering that humans can't survive without a head or some other nonsense.
Another issue that came up was that 'unnatural regeneration' didn't seem to heal the Sanctified, an issue I've noticed when it comes to using the healing interactions added from the 0.47 version of Dwarf Fortress.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2021, 01:53:52 am »

While mucking about in the object testing arena I noticed something. When a holy necromancer uses its resurrection ability, the resurrected saint will die shortly from blood loss from its open wounds once more. Another problem is that when the resurrection spell is used on a mangled corpse, the raised saint will die in one blow, no matter the severity, most likely due to the universe remembering that humans can't survive without a head or some other nonsense.
Another issue that came up was that 'unnatural regeneration' didn't seem to heal the Sanctified, an issue I've noticed when it comes to using the healing interactions added from the 0.47 version of Dwarf Fortress.

Ah, that's an issue. Well, my idea was that sanctified could only be revived with a mostly intact corpse, so the mangled corpse thing isn't too bad a problem. The regeneration issue is, however, so I'll just look into the whole thing. I think it may be due to time delay as well. Like, it takes a few tics for the healing to happen or something.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2021, 05:00:40 am »

To clarify, any resurrected saint who died of blood loss will instantly die to blood loss again in a singular tick. The condition of the corpse does not matter when the corpse died of blood loss. A corpse who died of suffocation is fair game though, and able to be resurrected with no problem. I think that the difference between the two is that blood loss is remembered when a person is resurrected, will the level of suffocation is not persistent through death.
Anymore, though further testing it does seem like unnatural regeneration does work. Only on pariahs though, which is very odd.
The last point I want to make is that if you take a mangled or mutilated body, raise them back to life, and then cast regeneration on the newly resurrected, one can unmangle or unmutilated a body, meaning that you can fully resurrect a pariah who was decapitated. The new man or woman will be able to live life to their fullest, unhindered by their mortality once more.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 05:09:43 am by CrashyMcGee »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2021, 09:04:22 pm »

To clarify, any resurrected saint who died of blood loss will instantly die to blood loss again in a singular tick. The condition of the corpse does not matter when the corpse died of blood loss. A corpse who died of suffocation is fair game though, and able to be resurrected with no problem. I think that the difference between the two is that blood loss is remembered when a person is resurrected, will the level of suffocation is not persistent through death.
Anymore, though further testing it does seem like unnatural regeneration does work. Only on pariahs though, which is very odd.
The last point I want to make is that if you take a mangled or mutilated body, raise them back to life, and then cast regeneration on the newly resurrected, one can unmangle or unmutilated a body, meaning that you can fully resurrect a pariah who was decapitated. The new man or woman will be able to live life to their fullest, unhindered by their mortality once more.

Hmmmm, I'll just keep tinkering I gues. Pariahs shouldn't regenerate though, they're just lepers, not undead.

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2021, 10:03:38 pm »

Hmmmm, I'll just keep tinkering I gues. Pariahs shouldn't regenerate though, they're just lepers, not undead.
As a sanctified you can cast regenerate on other people. Don't know if the A.I can. Anglish lords seem to be blind. I think it's because they have no eyes and no extravision to compensate for their lack of eyes. Unrelated, elder ghouls don't seem to have the ability to regenerate while 'normal' ghouls do. Is there a lore reason for this?

Also also, I want to share these screenshots of a plagued strigoi, Yullaft Dreambridge

Now he was born in Cottagewracks, so this is less impressive than it seems. He was born in 276, turned in 284 by Airer Plaitsnack the human vampire when he was 12 years old. He stayed in Cottagewrecks until 310 when he fled. He would later return to Cottagewrecks in 469 until he fled later in 703. He would then return in 719 and you know the rest. I think this may have contributed to the fall of the plagued civ in my world. It's still around, just heavily diminished.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:50:48 pm by CrashyMcGee »

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2021, 12:21:51 am »

As a sanctified you can cast regenerate on other people. Don't know if the A.I can. Anglish lords seem to be blind. I think it's because they have no eyes and no extravision to compensate for their lack of eyes. Unrelated, elder ghouls don't seem to have the ability to regenerate while 'normal' ghouls do. Is there a lore reason for this?

Also also, I want to share these screenshots of a plagued strigoi, Yullaft Dreambridge

Now he was born in Cottagewracks, so this is less impressive than it seems. He was born in 276, turned in 284 by Airer Plaitsnack the human vampire when he was 12 years old. He stayed in Cottagewrecks until 310 when he fled. He would later return to Cottagewrecks in 469 until he fled later in 703. He would then return in 719 and you know the rest. I think this may have contributed to the fall of the plagued civ in my world. It's still around, just heavily diminished.

pretty crazy stuff. As for the issues you mentioned I'll see what I can do, elder ghouls should be able to regenerate and anglish lords don't need eyes to see.

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2021, 05:44:46 am »

While raw diving, I've noticed that the plagued secrete a template of pus called pus2. What is the difference between pus and pus2? I'm assuming it has to do with world gen since starting with default raws in the testing arena made them secret nothing.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2021, 09:25:09 am »

While raw diving, I've noticed that the plagued secrete a template of pus called pus2. What is the difference between pus and pus2? I'm assuming it has to do with world gen since starting with default raws in the testing arena made them secret nothing.

It's a change to the material raws, it makes their pus ridden with disease, touching it makes you get blisters and fever and such. They're basically thralls to the disease.

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Fall From Grace 2.53
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2022, 02:50:45 pm »

Is this mod alive..?

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Fall From Grace 2.53
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2022, 04:46:06 pm »

Is this mod alive..?

It is! I've just been busy with my other projects. However I am definitely determined to keep this alive. I spent awhile working on a ton of stuff for it and it burnt me out, so I've been working on other settings, but I will return to El-Enlil at a later time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]