Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [44.12] Fallout Equestria Redux v0.41.7:Boomsticks and Gatling Lasers  (Read 27259 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Fallout Equestria Redux v0.41.7:Boomsticks and Gatling Lasers
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 06:40:33 am »

Glad to see you're still going, though it's been a while. Sorry I kind of disappeared, a whole lot of life things happened that I had to take care of. I'm still up for assisting if you'll still have me! All the same, glad to see you still going.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Cutiekittypet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 12:18:12 am »

I forgot that children can play with toys now.

...and that the Fallout Equestria mods have a bunch of their items listed as toys.

Also, are the magic reactions still toxic to earth ponies? I couldn't find anything about it in the wiki, and I'm not sure where to find it in the raws.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 01:33:01 am »

I forgot that children can play with toys now.
...and that the Fallout Equestria mods have a bunch of their items listed as toys.
Yeah, I noticed that.  On the one hand, I am tempted to move all toy items into tools to stop this from being an issue.  On the other hand, both the tools and the toys sections of the stocks screen are horribly cluttered, and merging both lists will just make things worse.  I can fix this by compressing item types and using materials to indicate the exact kind of item (e.g. a Dash drug canister would be a Canister item made of Dash instead of a Dash Canister item made of Canister), but that will take a while to implement and comes with it's own problems  - the stocks screen stops listing what exactly those items do unless you expand them and go through each item individually (which is a headache if you are checking for a single Dash Canister after mass producing several other kinds of drugs, for example).
Also, are the magic reactions still toxic to earth ponies? I couldn't find anything about it in the wiki, and I'm not sure where to find it in the raws.
No, they are not.  I decided to cut that feature on account of how incredibly obnoxious and micromanagement demanding it was and how little difference it made to gameplay if you made the effort to keep EPs away from magic industry workshops.  In a mod that is already this complicated, making the player jump through hoops as a trivial nod to fluff is a major no-no.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 07:44:17 am »

Great to rediscover this mod after all this time!

Have a bit of trouble starting thou: Somewhat ironically, I dont want to play as a destroyed civ, and stable dwellers are prone to have their asses kicked in worldgen. Made 10 worlds, and the best I got is 200 stablers. Eh, its probably enough (thou if there a trick you can employ in worldgen settings or something, I'd use it)

By the way, is magic cutiemark list from the old mod still relevant?
This day going to be perfect!

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 09:37:28 am »

Great to rediscover this mod after all this time!

Have a bit of trouble starting thou: Somewhat ironically, I dont want to play as a destroyed civ, and stable dwellers are prone to have their asses kicked in worldgen. Made 10 worlds, and the best I got is 200 stablers. Eh, its probably enough (thou if there a trick you can employ in worldgen settings or something, I'd use it)
Unfortunately, my worldgen foo flatout sucks, so I don't have any particular advice to give on that front besides that usually after trying 1-3 times I will gen a world where I don't get a civ dying warning.
By the way, is magic cutiemark list from the old mod still relevant?
IIRC all the old magic cutie marks are still around and match up to the same schools, but there are new cutie marks for each caste as well.  It doesn't matter that much though, because now ponies descriptions say if they get improved spell access (at the bottom of the thoughts screen).

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »

Is there a way to have this mod without, yknow, the brony part?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 06:04:56 pm »

Is there a way to have this mod without, yknow, the brony part?
There isn't a quick and easy way of doing it, no. You would have to spend a couple of hours manually going through the RAWs and modifying/replacing/removing anything pony related with a non-pony equivalent.

SemonX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt - SemonX
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 02:20:22 pm »

Hi!
I found some not so funny mistakes in Fo:E and decided to share them  ::)

1. Turrets do not have a tag that prohibits them from moving - it is specified in raw-files without "[ ]" in the token.
2. Turrets and robots do not react to danger properly - many times I was visited by pony-ghouls through the caves, and Mr.Hooves and turrets did not interfere with them. Once I had a titan that shoots webs. He went to the door of the Stable, stood up to the loopholes, behind which were the turrets and began to attack them with cobwebs! The turrets did not react on either side of the Stable door.
A month later, "siege" turrets for some reason began to shoot at him and killed with three hits.
Spoiler: This siege moment (click to show/hide)
3. The reaction in the scriptorium to the extraction of Mr.Hooves scheme is listed as having a 100% chance of success actually has a 25% chance of success.

BetaSpectre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 11:29:47 am »

Generated into the wasteland, pretty much my first fortress to boot, having trouble recouping seeds more or less. And they won't grow outside. The ghouls that spawn don't seem interested in attacking me. Spent all of spring basically scavenging the surface, and planting crops, in Summer with lots of migrants. And have yet to get attacked by something more substantial, but all the holes I've dug about make my base really insecure.

This was after I had constant crashes upon embark for a while, generating new worlds seemed to have fixed the issue whatever it was.

Got pretty bad RNG and used up the entire map's salvage without a single talisman. Water is going to be an issue probably by winter. And my fortress is a mess for all the salvage I've stocked inside, armor, weapons, etc.

Unless there's another way to get talismans other than the scrap yard.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:40:38 am by BetaSpectre »

SemonX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt - SemonX
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:03 pm »

This was after I had constant crashes upon embark for a while, generating new worlds seemed to have fixed the issue whatever it was.
I have the same crashes, but I don't want to lose my long-term Stable.
I manage to fix this problem by assigning all the ponies to the burrow for a week or so. Also I forbid the army to train periodically, "game crash" is associated with immersion of an object in the box and its hauling.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 12:36:16 pm »

Hello again, finally remembered to check this thread like a smart person.
1. Turrets do not have a tag that prohibits them from moving - it is specified in raw-files without "[ ]" in the token.
Using that tag in the past prohibited them from using interactions (like, y'know, shooting their guns). I tested adding it back in a while back, and while they would fire they would fire a lot slower than they should. Besides, if they can't move at least a little, ponies taking them to a pasture will tend to dump them in the same spot, leading to them making constant push attacks against each other because of overcrowding (have seen this with landmines). So I am leaving them as slightly ambulatory for the moment.
2. Turrets and robots do not react to danger properly - many times I was visited by pony-ghouls through the caves, and Mr.Hooves and turrets did not interfere with them.
As I understand it, DF fort mode creature AI doesn't escalate combat the way you would expect. Basically, pony ghouls and anything else will only do fisticuffs with your fort members unless you mobilize militia and move them near the ghouls. Since they are only at brawl combat level, weapons aren't pulled, and combat interactions aren't used. If you look at any of your non-mobilized ponies that get into fights with ghouls, you should see that they never draw any weapons they are carrying (because they are just in a fistfight, not a no holds barred fight to the death), and barring a lucky lethal hit both sides will usually stop fighting and leave each other alone eventually. A consequence of this is that pets won't intervene in combat (since it is just a fistfight), which sadly means that turrets and robots are worthless at defending against wildlife. Not much I can do without trying to dfhack the AI, which would be an undertaking since I would have to first learn how the hell the AI works internally and how I can manipulate it through dfhack memory hacking.
Once I had a titan that shoots webs. He went to the door of the Stable, stood up to the loopholes, behind which were the turrets and began to attack them with cobwebs! The turrets did not react on either side of the Stable door.
A month later, "siege" turrets for some reason began to shoot at him and killed with three hits.
Spoiler: This siege moment (click to show/hide)
That sounds like lethal combat, so this *probably* isn't the same bug (I think?). Hmm, did you have your civilians burrowed via an alert, by any chance? Civilian burrows cause AI problems in any pets outside the burrow, so they won't engage anything. This leads to things like groups of robots outside a stable getting massacred without defending themselves because their AI be broke. If you did, then either manually add the entire stable to your alert burrow citizen by citizen instead of using an alert (yes, this is a pain in the ass), or include your turret pillboxes in your burrows (I have tried sealed pillboxes with the alert burrow covering their internal spaces, and those seemed to work just fine).
3. The reaction in the scriptorium to the extraction of Mr.Hooves scheme is listed as having a 100% chance of success actually has a 25% chance of success.
Ah, that is a bug. Fix will be included in next release (when I eventually get around to it).
Generated into the wasteland, pretty much my first fortress to boot, having trouble recouping seeds more or less. And they won't grow outside. The ghouls that spawn don't seem interested in attacking me. Spent all of spring basically scavenging the surface, and planting crops, in Summer with lots of migrants. And have yet to get attacked by something more substantial, but all the holes I've dug about make my base really insecure.
Did you embark on a mountain biome? Seeds don't grow there, but otherwise you should be able to grow stuff outdoors. Ghouls, as mentioned above, suffer from the lack of escalation bug where they will occasionally take a swing at a passing pony but otherwise ignore them.

The 3rd wave of migrants is usually ridiculous. I would dial them down if I easily could, but for now you just have to accept that your stable will double to triple in size fairly early on.
Got pretty bad RNG and used up the entire map's salvage without a single talisman. Water is going to be an issue probably by winter. And my fortress is a mess for all the salvage I've stocked inside, armor, weapons, etc.
Yeah, the sheer amount of misc stuff you get from salvage is a bit of a problem, but I am not sure how to best cut down on it. I already removed a lot of the flavor items to try to mitigate this, but I probably should go further.
Unless there's another way to get talismans other than the scrap yard.
Water talismans specifically? No, the scrap yard is the only way. However, there is more scrap in the caverns if you feel like taking your chances. Crack it open, keep some mercenaries on standby to feed into the grinder, and drag some high quality salvage in then seal them back up. Coincidentally, you can probably find water there as well, so your wounded ponies won't die of thirst.

I have the same crashes, but I don't want to lose my long-term Stable.
I manage to fix this problem by assigning all the ponies to the burrow for a week or so. Also I forbid the army to train periodically, "game crash" is associated with immersion of an object in the box and its hauling.
This is news to me. Never had any crashes personally besides some worldgen crashes that resolved themselves long before I made the mod publicly available, no clue what is causing crashes now. Can you two give me any further details I can work with?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 09:26:37 pm »

2. Turrets and robots do not react to danger properly - many times I was visited by pony-ghouls through the caves, and Mr.Hooves and turrets did not interfere with them.
As I understand it, DF fort mode creature AI doesn't escalate combat the way you would expect. Basically, pony ghouls and anything else will only do fisticuffs with your fort members unless you mobilize militia and move them near the ghouls. Since they are only at brawl combat level, weapons aren't pulled, and combat interactions aren't used. If you look at any of your non-mobilized ponies that get into fights with ghouls, you should see that they never draw any weapons they are carrying (because they are just in a fistfight, not a no holds barred fight to the death), and barring a lucky lethal hit both sides will usually stop fighting and leave each other alone eventually. A consequence of this is that pets won't intervene in combat (since it is just a fistfight), which sadly means that turrets and robots are worthless at defending against wildlife. Not much I can do without trying to dfhack the AI, which would be an undertaking since I would have to first learn how the hell the AI works internally and how I can manipulate it through dfhack memory hacking.
Natural attacks that use weapon skills count as lethal force for the purposes of escalating combat level. If you change ghoul's attacks to use sword as an attack skill, they should reach lethal combat level on their own.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 03:16:38 pm »

Natural attacks that use weapon skills count as lethal force for the purposes of escalating combat level. If you change ghoul's attacks to use sword as an attack skill, they should reach lethal combat level on their own.
...huh. That is bizarre. And good to know. Thanks.

SemonX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt - SemonX
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 03:26:33 pm »

Oh... okay, thanks for the replies! I'll try the method with the holes for the turrets, they killed two of the siege, though shot mostly only on the diagonal.

This is news to me. Never had any crashes personally besides some worldgen crashes that resolved themselves long before I made the mod publicly available, no clue what is causing crashes now. Can you two give me any further details I can work with?
This is a common bug, which is written even on the "DF Bug Tracker"
Here's an attachment with information that relates to this crash, I think. Something about carrying items.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2019, 05:30:51 pm »

This is a common bug, which is written even on the "DF Bug Tracker"
I took a skim through mantis and can't see any bug that particularly matches this problem. Can you link the bug report in the bug tracker that you are referring to?
Here's an attachment with information that relates to this crash, I think. Something about carrying items.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To the best of my knowledge, all of those are internal DF errors that are automatically recovered from without any problems as far as the player is concerned. I even googled around a bit, and could fine no information on them besides various flavors of "they don't matter, everything is fine".
Pages: 1 [2] 3