Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [44.12] Fallout Equestria Redux v0.41.7:Boomsticks and Gatling Lasers  (Read 27263 times)

SemonX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt - SemonX
Re: [44.12] Fallout Equestria Redux v0.41.7:Boomsticks and Gatling Lasers
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 05:42:27 am »

I took a skim through mantis and can't see any bug that particularly matches this problem. Can you link the bug report in the bug tracker that you are referring to?
I found bugs that were related to army and trade depot - and while trying to cancel army training and removing depot (killing merchants and their pets through DFHack too) I could play further - so I'm attaching a link to a bug that is related to the same issues.
To the best of my knowledge, all of those are internal DF errors that are automatically recovered from without any problems as far as the player is concerned. I even googled around a bit, and could fine no information on them besides various flavors of "they don't matter, everything is fine".
O-o-okay... i just felt a connection similar to crash games due to carrying things (ponies standing in a burrow doing nothing and not carrying things didn't break the game)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »

Is it weird to say that i'm happy to see that my drugs are still around? Speaking of, do I still have to fix them or did you already do it?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 03:00:39 pm »

It took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that the continuation of the FoE mod made a new page, and wasn't lurking somewhere in the thread of the old one.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2019, 03:12:33 am »

This is still being worked on right?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 08:58:30 pm »

Well, if it is then there's a bug. I've generated large and medium size worlds, but no matter what every time I select fortress mode it'll load up the calendar screen for half a second then crash.

Edit: I don't know what I did, but after doing 3 different fresh installs, i finally managed to get it to work.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:36:16 pm by Unknown72 »

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 10:20:50 pm »

It asks about Universal_Max rough gems...what are those? The wiki is a little bare.

<EDIT> Nvm I see now I see now that it is an DIAMOND_U4 I guess that those are somewhere close to the magma layer?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 10:45:59 pm by Kraiger »
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 03:48:20 am »

Woohoo I'm back!

It asks about Universal_Max rough gems...what are those? The wiki is a little bare.

<EDIT> Nvm I see now I see now that it is an DIAMOND_U4 I guess that those are somewhere close to the magma layer?

As far as I remember from half a decade ago, DIAMOND_U4s are just normal diamonds, which you can find in kimberlite or something along those lines. Also they're a real pain to find and I can never get enough.

Is there a way to have this mod without, yknow, the brony part?
There isn't a quick and easy way of doing it, no. You would have to spend a couple of hours manually going through the RAWs and modifying/replacing/removing anything pony related with a non-pony equivalent.

There's also the whole caste-based magic thing.

Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
Oh, hey.  Welcome back.  Like what you see so far?

Yeah, nice work! Please ignore the whole two-years late thing

In any case, now that I feel like getting back into modding DF, I'd like to bring the mod up to speed with 0.47. There are several ideas I'd like to try:

1) Salvage is split into two categories: the "trees" and the "plants". One thing I missed about the old 0.34 version was the veritable fields of salvage, which was super thematic. I was thinking the "trees" represent relatively intact buildings uncovered over time, with high-value salvage inside, while the "plants" represent the more scattered salvage a la 0.34. The rate of growth and frequency of "tree" salvage will probably be dialed waaaay back.

2) 0.47 added in a whole bunch of stuff regarding interactions. It'd be fun to play around with them. Still no item or reaction-conferred interactions though. :(

3) I can't remember which version it is but mundane researchable secrets have been introduced. I'd like to do something fun with those. Pre-war tech anyone?

4) There are now proper interaction tokens to support restoration spells.

5) I think the expedition system can be reworked to mesh properly with the one implemented in DF. There is a great deal of overlap from what I can see.

In any case, I have some reading to do since my memories are a bit patchy. I would also like to mention that this mod has completely ruined normal DF for me. Now, when I play all I can think about is how survival used to be such a struggle.
I do stuff, I guess

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2022, 01:13:18 pm »

Well, if it is then there's a bug. I've generated large and medium size worlds, but no matter what every time I select fortress mode it'll load up the calendar screen for half a second then crash.

Edit: I don't know what I did, but after doing 3 different fresh installs, i finally managed to get it to work.

I too am having this problem, having updated the game to 47.05.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2022, 04:29:24 pm »

Will this mod be updated to work with the Steam version that releases in December? I imagine that the Steam workshop will be integrated not too long after release.
Pages: 1 2 [3]