Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf civ has no troubles  (Read 936 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf civ has no troubles
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »

I started up a new game as a dwarf and inquired at the nearest civic mound of any troubles and the npcs would just hang at, "Well, let's see..." and when 'k'talking again, all I got was the option to change subject. Is that a bug or possibly a lucky dwarf civ? I'm playing 44.05. The possibility is that they are locked in by this huge inland seas and river-like seas that draw up to the mountains. I'm playing the Middleearth map and it recreates the major rivers by making them seas. I do believe that is the cause unfortunately. I'll try a bit more of erosion in the next world gen.

Still, the map has 666 caves and 450 semi and mega beasts combined and 321 titans. They should have some troubles or even bandits as there are humans in the area. They occupy the peninsula Southwest of Westeros, or the place where Rohan was.

This cool map shows it. Those mountains called Ered Nimrais and I guess the peninsula is called Andrast. Those rivers out east by Gondor are made by making them seas and they touch mountain tiles. There is much more space between the mountains in the DF version and dwarves are in contact with humans by the river Isen to.the north which again is actually a sea.

Spoiler: MIDDLEEARTH (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:15:26 pm by Bob69Joe »