Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Don't know if this is the right place but have an issue with LNP  (Read 397 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is the right place but have an issue with LNP
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:33:34 am »

Hey all, I have the latest version on LNP and when I start the game with yes next to pause as soon as it loads option the game does not pause when started. Also when sometimes no att the time when I go to start game it crashes to desktop. Any ideas? Please help...

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know if this is the right place but have an issue with LNP
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:32:22 am »

The text is jumbled, so I have to guess at the meaning...
I haven't seen any consistent behavior in whether DF pauses or not when striking the earth: sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't (I always start an installation with ensuring it's set to pause on load). However, thereafter it always pauses on load, so starting might not be considered loading?

There are some reports of having TwbT enabled may result in crashing at embark (I had a repeatable case, apparently caused by using a large window, but the developer wasn't able to reproduce it and dropped it). Enabling TwbT after embark typically works (I used TwbT until I'd gotten a pair of sudden crashes while playing and not doing anything (i.e. just watching), so I dropped TwbT, but I still get such crashes occasionally, and can't say whether the frequency has decreased or not, so it's quite possible TwbT is blameless in that).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know if this is the right place but have an issue with LNP
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:44:19 am »

It's of course possible to set pause on save and save on embark, but I atm solve this by adding fpause to onMapLoad_extra.init