Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can i force necromancer tower not to bring specific civ?  (Read 526 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can i force necromancer tower not to bring specific civ?
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:25:21 am »

in fortress mod, necromacers invade my fortress with other civ corpses.

is there any way to force necromancer not use specific civ's corpse?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: Can i force necromancer tower not to bring specific civ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:45:38 pm »

Necromancers themselves are basically unchangeable (built into the game), and as for modded secrets with towers, I am not entirely sure either if its possible to specify which type of corpse to reanimate.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »

Can't you use creature class or something of the sort to limit things though?

Lethildiren

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Master of the Echo Bazaar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »

You can set a species to be [CANNOT_UNDEAD], which prevents it from ever being animated, period, but that applies to all necromancy, not just worldgen necromancers, so it might not be what you're looking for.

It is, however, the only option. At least, outside of [NOT_LIVING], which does the exact same thing except it also makes the undead friendly to that creature.

EDIT: Also, custom secrets can indeed have their applicable creature classes set so that only specific creatures can be used, but unless the creature class being used is GENERAL_POISON, MAMMAL or something else that already exists, you'll have to mod in those classes yourself before you can do much of anything. It's not hard, of course - one could make a 'mancer who can only resurrect bats by adding the [CREATURE_CLASS:BAT] tag to all types of bat and setting his spell to only work on the creature class BAT, for instance, and there would be no issues - just tedious.

Also, no, you (generally, outside of maybe some obscure tool I've never heard of) can't modify the raws for the vanilla Necromancy secret, so you can't fiddle with applicable creature classes there. Everywhere else, though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:31:03 pm by Lethildiren »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 01:03:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure CANNOT_UNDEAD and NOT_LIVING are identical, actually.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »

There is also the [UNDEAD_CANDIDATE] entity token, but there isn't much info on what it does exactly.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.