Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have some questions about entity.  (Read 511 times)

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have some questions about entity.
« on: September 24, 2018, 08:05:11 pm »

1)

I wonder what causes entities to be hostile with each other.

In my thinking, it seemed to be 4 types.

The civ that not have [ITEM_THIEF] and [BABYSNATCHER]

vs

The civ that have [ITEM_THIEF]

vs

The civ that have [BABYSNATCHER]

vs

The civ that have both [ITEM_THIEF] and [BABYSNATCHER]

Is that correct?

2)
In wiki page i cant understand.

USE_GOOD_ANIMALS   )   
Don't have it -> GOOD creatures skipped.
If they have it, good creatures without CAN_LEARN will also be available as pets (with PET), pack animals (with PACK_ANIMAL),
wagon pullers (with WAGON_PULLER), mounts (with MOUNT or MOUNT_EXOTIC), and siege minions (with TRAINABLE_WAR),
even the normally untameable species.

COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT)      
Gives the civilization access to creatures with COMMON_DOMESTIC and MOUNT.
Additionally, all available (based on USE_ANY_PET_RACE, USE_CAVE_ANIMALS, USE_GOOD_ANIMALS, and USE_EVIL_ANIMALS) creature
with MOUNT and PET will be allowed for use as mounts during combat.

I cant understand that instruction. i don't know differences between those heavy characters.

so.. if specific civ have [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS], but not have [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT],

they never bring mount animals during the siege??
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:14:03 am by DWARFFRAWD »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: I have some questions about entity.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:31:42 am »

One of the biggest ones that will always make them hostile here and there, is conflicts of ethics (and if the leader thinks they can do it) and by do it I mean "could we wage war and win?"

but yes the fastest way is the ad-hoc "groups"

[BABYSNATCHER] civs will be ok with other civs with it (just it) but can go to war via ethics

[ITEM_THIEF] civs will be ok with other civs with it (just it) but can go to war via ethics

[BABYSNATCHER] + [ITEM_THIEF] will be ok with other civs with the combo, but not the ones that are just [ITEM_THIEF] or [BABYSNATCHER]

naturally those that lack these tags will be hostile to those "groups" because of the kidnapping and robberies.
Also if the main creature for an entity cannot speak (only has [CAN_LEARN]) will be at war due to "they cannot speak to form peace treaties" which probably indicates that they are peaceful for a bit but then they start a war, and just can't make peace.

if you're having trouble with it, just use [ANIMAL] and setup what mounts and that you want them to have