Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke  (Read 8403 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 11:42:56 am »

Rex follow girl two-legger happily, when suddenly!!! Girl two-legger pick up a biiiig bag and put her hand inside. "What is in the bag ??!" Rex think, as Rex try to jump up to the bag to see what is in. Suddenly, girl two-legger pull her hand out and hand come out with food inside!!! Rex think this must be magic bag!!! Rex eat up alllllll the food and thank the girl two-legger by barking for her. Yay!!!

Rex think there are manyyyy smell in this place. This is exciting!!!
Rex smell up the air real good to try and see if Rex can smell something interesting.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 12:17:46 pm »

"alright guys, we should have a plan for killing off the blue team. a frontal assault isn't that practical, since they have knives, firecrackers, and other stuff that could hurt us immensely. why don't we find another entrance, preferably a door that isn't guarded by them, or a surface we can cut through, and also, we might want to consider stealthily taking them down."

>Attempt to find something I can breach a wall with, preferably stealthily.

((I should note, the area doesn't really have much in terms of "infiltration routes". You've got a big wide opening that you'd see at the entrance of a Target, across a wide empty area with a couple pillars from the big wide opening that you'd see at the entrance of the walmart. There's no doors that lead anywhere else, really. They're kinda just waiting by the only area y'all can exit from.))

EDIT: Here have a map

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

oh, well then

>Stealthily sneak up towards the back of one of the Blue Team's members, and use them as a body shield, grabbing them by the neck. Grab their weapon (if they have any) and use it to defend myself.
it's over

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2018, 01:10:55 pm »

Try to hurt blues by throwing beer

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2018, 09:09:03 am »

In the electronics department, huh? Well maybe this isn't too bad...

Becoming distracted as an idea occurs to him and his previous excitement begins to make a gradual return, Davey stops and starts shuffling items around on the shelves, brushing hair out of his eyes and peering blearily at various titles whilst mouthing the words to himself.

Since I'm here, search the electronics section for a relatively portable DVD player and a couple of choice, inspirational titles to watch with the team! I'm talking anything from your classic, cheesy motivational stuff like Rocky to things involving ingenious makeshift weapon construction, like various horror movies that... probably wouldn't be on offer at a Target's movie selection.
Oh well, any old action, fighting or horror movies should do, really. Lug whatever I can find with me as I go in search of the others.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »

MEANWHILE, INSIDE...
People are ready to fight!

Well, some people are ready to fight.

Some other people are ready to, like, eat.

And some are very much ready to fight in spirit, but not even slightly ready to actually fight.

The Dude looks at his wrist to check the time, and notes that the watch he has drawn on himself in Sharpie says that it is currently 4:20.

"Ayyyyy" he says.

This is quickly interrupted by two members of the Red Team waltzing out of the Target, John and Fuze.

Despite still being a lil bit buzzed, he has enough common sense to fire at the less-military-trained person of the two, John. He grabs a tennis ball, lights it on fire, and loads it into his leaf blower, before launching it towards the grizzled detective, who [5 vs. 4] reacts just late enough to get a hat full of fire. The ball knocks the hat clean of John's head, leaving a singed line through his scalp. It's not pretty, but it's also not life-threatening, so that's a plus.

Back inside the store, Stan is panicking. Panicking because he's about to be attacked by young adults with a surprisingly high level of engineering ability, panicking because he's without any way to make beautiful art, and maybe also panicking because that's just how it be sometimes.

But at the very least, he realizes in this panic that he needs some way to defend himself. Running off to the crafting section of Target, he finds [3] not much. The closes he can seem to find is the school supply section, which has a remarkable number of pairs of safety scissors, as well as some compasses from some geometry kits. He grabs a messenger bag and stuffs what he can find (About 3 compasses and 6 pairs of scissors) inside. Clearly, he is ready to fight.

The Punk leaps into action, taking advantage of the previous attack on John. He swings his lightbulbs wildly at him and [1 vs. 4] trip over a decorative plant, falling flat on his face, mussing up his mohawk in the process. Frustrated, he gets back up and returns to the back of the pack.

Seeing that nobody else is having much luck, The Prep steps up to the plate, quite literally. She sets down a golf ball, readies a swing and chips the ball directly towards Fuze! The ball [6 vs. 6] goes just a little bit too wide, allowing him to catch it neatly in his hand. Somewhere, a crowd goes wild. And hey, free golf ball!

The Nerd continues to stare at her phone, occasionally glancing over at John. She smirks, and looks back at the screen. [5 vs. 6] She drops the phone. Cursing, she picks it up and carefully makes sure to check for major cracks and scratches.

Taking this moment to launch a surprise attack, Fuze leaps into action! He gets down low and tries to sneak across the atrium. [2] But since it's an extremely wide-open area without any places to actually hide, the Blue Team pretty much just stares him down as he crawls across the ground. It especially doesn't help that he's still wearing the loudest outfit in the world.

The Goth sees through this weak-ass attempt at stealth, and quickly tosses a knife at Fuze. [1 vs. 5] However, it quickly becomes apparent that her ability at throwing knives is similar to Fuze's ability to become invisible, i.e. nonexistant. The knife lands harmlessly next to him, giving him to opportunity to grab it and [1 vs. 1] throw it wide. The knife lands in a nearby fountain and both parties succeed in looking stupid.

Back inside the store, things are getting note, most notably by Dave, who remembers the classic Sun Tzu quote: "The Best Offense Is A Good Attitude" or something like that. Look, it doesn't matter.

He quickly grabs a portable DVD player off a shelf, yknow, one of the ones with a built-in screen. He also manages to find some decent flicks in the bargain bin, despite how little money actually matters right now. He fishes out a copy of The Replacements, a movie about a ragtag team of misfits coming together to play a sport, and The Hunger Games, a movie about a ragtag group of people being forced to kill each other for sport. It's a little bit on the nose, but it works. He takes this new Inspiring Double-Feature and heads off in search of the others.

Back in the atrium, lots of thing are being thrown and very few things are connecting. John intends to correct this by throwing one of his beer bottles at The Prep. [4 vs. 6] It lands a little bit short though, and instead of showering her in shattered glass, it only manages to spray her shoes with crappy beer. It makes her just as angry as if he had actually hit her, however. Because, like, she JUST bought those, and even though they were technically paid for by her father they're still designer and it's just mean.

Rex has never been around this much food at once and honestly it's kind of overwhelming. The urge to eat it all is...it's just too much!

So he [6] grabs the basket from Lulu and runs off in search of a quiet place to eat all of it. What he finds instead is the atrium where all the fighting is taking place. He puts the basket down and [3 +1] barks! Everyone stops and looks at him! They all smile because wow! What a good boy!

Then they go back to fighting, starting with The Jock lighting one of his firecrackers and slamming it directly at Fuze with a world-class slapshot. Fuze [6 Vs. 1] catches is like the Russian goalie he is at heart! Except he didn't catch a puck.

He caught a lit explosive.

That takes A chunk of his hand, his pinkie, and his index finger off when it blows up. He yelps as he gets blood all over his crappy Hawaiian shirt, making it look...well, it already had a lot of red on it so it still looks like a crappy Hawaiian shirt.

Lulu [3] realizes a little too late that she is no longer carrying her basket of food, and the only thing she has left is her bag of chips. She shrugs, and wanders around the store some more, ultimately finding herself in the pet food section, but with no toys in sight. At the very least, she dumps out the rest of the chips to fashion the bag into some sort of Aluminum Garotte. So it wasn't a total loss.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Blue Team (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the wait guys! Hope this is somewhat worth it! If you have any questions, lmk.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:36:23 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:23 pm »

Lulu grabs a copious amount of Dog Treats, then runs to the front of the store and begins flinging individual biscuits at the Blue Team.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:26 pm »

((PTW))

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2018, 06:40:39 am »

>Cast Cykaus Blyatus to heal myself. Also roll to have an AK12 as well as an AK12 magazine or two appear in my hands.
it's over

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2018, 10:09:50 am »

((Sorry pal, not that kind of rtd. I reccommend following suit with John and fighting with what you have))

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 10:21:28 am »

((Sorry pal, not that kind of rtd. I reccommend following suit with John and fighting with what you have))

cmon, i just want to have a d6 rolled to see if i suddenly get healed and have another d6 rolled to see if i get a gun
it's over

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2018, 10:41:57 am »

cmon, i just want to have a d6 rolled to see if i suddenly get healed and have another d6 rolled to see if i get a gun
((I can roll it, but since magic and healing aren't really skills you have, and having a gun spontaneously appear is somewhat of an impossible action (at least at this stage) both of them would pretty much automatically fail. You might get some good effects if you roll well, but spontaneous healing and weapon manifestation definitely won't happen.))

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 05:36:07 am »

Smash up head of closest opposing team member with glass bear bottle

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 06:20:18 am »

((I can roll it, but since magic and healing aren't really skills you have, and having a gun spontaneously appear is somewhat of an impossible action (at least at this stage) both of them would pretty much automatically fail. You might get some good effects if you roll well, but spontaneous healing and weapon manifestation definitely won't happen.))

I'll roll for it anyways, with a normal D6 rolled for both, no modifiers, normal RTD style.

or you could just make it either be a 2 or 5, if that's what you'd rather have happen
it's over

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 12:53:03 pm »

Wowie !!! All of Rex's friends in one place !!! Rex is SO EXCITED !!!
Rex must greet all his friends the only way Rex knows, because he is a good boy !

Rex runs up to tackle one of the two-leggers present and proceeds to lick them all over the face to express his affection. Repeat until all the two-leggers have been properly greeted.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 02:33:11 pm »

Wowie !!! All of Rex's friends in one place !!! Rex is SO EXCITED !!!
Rex must greet all his friends the only way Rex knows, because he is a good boy !

Rex runs up to tackle one of the two-leggers present and proceeds to lick them all over the face to express his affection. Repeat until all the two-leggers have been properly greeted.

The odds of this succeeding are less likely than someone suddenly regenerating their severely injured hand and getting an assault rifle to suddenly appear in their hands even with modifiers. But only the chosen may survive.
it's over
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6