Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke  (Read 8392 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »

Wowie !!! All of Rex's friends in one place !!! Rex is SO EXCITED !!!
Rex must greet all his friends the only way Rex knows, because he is a good boy !

Rex runs up to tackle one of the two-leggers present and proceeds to lick them all over the face to express his affection. Repeat until all the two-leggers have been properly greeted.

The odds of this succeeding are less likely than someone suddenly regenerating their severely injured hand and getting an assault rifle to suddenly appear in their hands even with modifiers. But only the chosen may survive.
Really? Because I distinctly remember "Jumping on people and licking them" as something dogs are physically capable of doing. Neither of your actions are getting modifiers, but a physically impossible action is going to have an altered outcome. If you wanted to, say, shoot laser beams from your eyes, and rolled a 5, you wouldn't shoot laser beams out of your eyes because you aren't Cyclops. However, you would strain hard enough to really focus your eyesight for the next turn, giving you a +1 to dodging attacks.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 08:11:47 pm »

"Huh... uh... where are you guys? Hello?"

Davey jogs awkwardly along with his bulky cargo clutched in his arms, becoming quite quickly out of breath. He eventually just settles for the nearest power-accessible flat surface and plonks it all down, flips open the screen of the player, plugs it in and sets up.

If I can't find any teammates, just set up the DVD player on a convenient flat surface - one of the checkouts perhaps, or just clear the stuff off a display that's near enough to a power outlet -  and get one of the movies playing.

Then go grab a rope or two of fairy lights, along with a sharp implement, and once I'm back in the inspiring glow of the screen, beging carefully stripping the coating from the ropes, exposing the wires at the end nearest the plug.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:57 am »

Wowie !!! All of Rex's friends in one place !!! Rex is SO EXCITED !!!
Rex must greet all his friends the only way Rex knows, because he is a good boy !

Rex runs up to tackle one of the two-leggers present and proceeds to lick them all over the face to express his affection. Repeat until all the two-leggers have been properly greeted.

The odds of this succeeding are less likely than someone suddenly regenerating their severely injured hand and getting an assault rifle to suddenly appear in their hands even with modifiers. But only the chosen may survive.
Really? Because I distinctly remember "Jumping on people and licking them" as something dogs are physically capable of doing. Neither of your actions are getting modifiers, but a physically impossible action is going to have an altered outcome. If you wanted to, say, shoot laser beams from your eyes, and rolled a 5, you wouldn't shoot laser beams out of your eyes because you aren't Cyclops. However, you would strain hard enough to really focus your eyesight for the next turn, giving you a +1 to dodging attacks.

6 of the people Legendary Marksdorf is trying to do his action to are hostile.
it's over

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2018, 10:24:54 am »

“well it’s time to get to the position and help one of my comrades and make sure we all don’t die here”
Rushing to where the Goth through movements of agility, start throwing as many safety scissors to gouge out the eyes or anyone really.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:45:54 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2018, 08:42:53 pm »

How can anyone be hostile to such a good boy?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »

How can anyone be hostile to such a good boy?

are you fucking blind

the goal is to kill the enemy team

6 of the people that legendary marksdorf's action is targeted to are on the enemy team
it's over

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »

((Hey Orca, no need to be hostile like that.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2018, 06:14:41 pm »

Shouldn’t a Russian Spetsnaz know Система, or the Systema. A mixed martial arts that takes into hand2hand and knife fighting (/s)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:10:57 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2018, 08:05:32 pm »

I'm currently working on the turn right now, guys, and I've got a few things to note:

1) Yeah in Rex's mind he's greeting what are to you known as hostiles. To a friendly dog, he's greeting people who could be nice, since he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of fighting (yet). Jumping on an enemy, however, is still considered an attack, even if the In-Context intent is not to cause harm.

2) Even though Marksdorf's action is targeted at the whole enemy team, actions like that where a single attack would need to be repeated multiples times will only target one during the turn. If an area-of-effect attack such as, say, a molotov cocktail were to be used, it would count as an attack on several enemies.

3) I'd really appreciate if you weren't hostile towards other players 0cra. Feel free to take up complaints with me or ask me questions about my choices in terms of results, etc.

4) I've rolled for your two actions, without modifiers. Neither will happen as intended, but you may be pleased with some results.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2018, 08:55:09 pm »

What do you mean he's trying to use magic?

There's literally no other way to interpret that, he's fucking trying to use magic.

What could he possibly think he'll accomplish? We screened him, he doesn't even have any kind of unawakened potential.

Well, according to these readings, he's trying to heal himself and...materialize a gun.

We can't just...give him one. Can we? Wouldn't that skew like, every result from this point forward?

No, obviously, but we have to do something. Alex, you're in charge of the pneumatic system, do you have something that'll work?

I've got just the thing. Give me a minute and I'll be right on it.

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE THE SURVEILLANCE OFFICE BUT STILL INSIDE THE BUILDING...

As almost every other member of the Red Team finds their way to the atrium, it becomes clear that the bloodbath is only going to grow.

Although, really, the only way one could call the scene occurring within the central atrium of The Inferno a "Bloodbath" would be if they were about 3 inches tall.

There really just isn't a lot of blood yet.

Maybe enough to fill like, a small gravy boat.

So clearly, people are not doing their jobs.

Being one of the few people who have successfully made an attack, The Dude readies a second. He is secretly happy that his experience with immolated sports equipment is finally coming in handy outside matches of his self-invented game "Fireball". Almost ready to fire, he's briefly distracted by the appearance of the really-very-good-boy Rex in the atrium.
[2 vs. 4] The ball fires off towards Rex, who...really just jumps up and catches it in his mouth.

The brulee torch sits unused next to the bucket of tennis balls, clearly mocking The Dude for his lapse in memory. What a dick.

Stan leaps into action, quite literally, as he decides doing a leaping-and-throwing attack against The Goth is going to be his best option.

Not that he has a lot of options right now.

It's most likely that he just wanted to look cool.

[4 vs. 5] It turns out to be just a little too much, however, as the pair of scissors goes wide and embeds itself in the wall behind her. She looks back, as confused as Stan is about how a pair of safety scissors managed to do that much damage. She worries briefly, before realizing

Oh yeah, I have knives.

Frustrated by the lack of violence caused at least in part by him, The Punk resorts to a cheap move, attacking the only person who's already been injured, Fuze. Charging ahead recklessly, he brings his light bulbs down on Fuze's head and [1 vs. 3] stops just before making contact.

He can't do it.

He's an anarchist, not a cheater. There's no way he'll kick someone when they're down, literally or metaphorically. Reigning himself to another turn without contact, he trudges back to the rear lines of the Blue Team's formation.

The Prep squares up again, remembering the golf lessons her rich father paid for. It doesn't really help, since she only went to them because like, the instructor was like, suuuuuch a hunk yknow?

Anyway, she takes aim at Rex, and watches as the ball soars through the air [4 vs. 3] and smacks the dog in the snout, causing him to drop his tennis ball and causing a lot of pain in his nose. If he had situational awareness, he'd probably notice that he was now bleeding.

Thankfully he doesn't, so after a moment of reactionary whimpering he goes back to being his happy ol' self.

Still relatively unnoticed in the back lines, The Nerd is still focused furtively on her screen. She glances out onto the battlefield, and focuses her sight on John. Gripping her device tightly to avoid dropping it again, she aggressively taps and looks up at the sky...

[6 vs. 4] ...just in time to see her drone, a souped-up toy with a small chainsaw-like branch trimmer hanging down from it, swoop down from the roof, slicing roughly through John's shoulder and throwing him to the ground! She quickly brings it back around her way, heading back up to the airspace above her to watch the fight continue, safe in sound in her little corner behind the rest of her team.

Fuze is hurtin'. Hurtin' enough to resort to divine powers. He prays to various gods, asking to be healed, and directing all of his internal power to regenerating (or at the very least sealing) his hand. [2] But nothing happens. He continues to bleed, continues to be in pain.

But he's not done! Not even close! He refocuses his energy, closing his eyes and feeling his power grow, attempting to materialize an AK-12 in his hands, the saving grace that would put him back in the game. Maybe not the actual fight game, but his personal game, the one that kept him from just throwing in the towel and running away.

[4] Beyond all expectations, he feels something hard and vaguely gun-shaped fall into his hands. He opens his eyes to see...This:

Along with a large pouch of marbles. It's heavy as shit. It's not a firearm. But it's something. Something he can use to fight.

Somewhere, two scientists breath a sigh of relief.

John is hurtin'. Bad. Not only that, but he's gained the attention of The Goth, who has no qualms about kicking people while they're down, especially physically.

[4 vs. 2] Flinging a knife at the downed detective, he barely manages to shift his body around to catch the knife.

In his shoe.

Although since the knife has gone right through the shoe, it might be more fitting to say he caught it with his foot. 

John realizes he has two options: Either leave the knife in and spend the next little while crawling, or pull it out, stand up, and get a free knife.

He chooses the latter because hey, free knife.

Inside Target, the lone non-fighting member of the Red Team, Dave Riggs continues to avoid combat at all costs. At the very least, if he can avoid fighting until he has what he needs to...well, not suck, then that'd be ideal, right?

He swings by the abandoned self-checkout, and sets up his Inspiring Double-Feature at the supervision desk. Searching around some drawers, he finds [6] a box cutter, and nearby he spots a large display of christmas lights!

Tearing down a couple ropes of warm-white fairy lights, he runs into some difficulties, as if the ropes are stuck somewhere just out of reach. After a couple of tugs, it starts looking like he's making progress...

Only for the gazebo the ropes were wrapped around to come tumbling down directly on top of the supervision desk, knocking the DVD player to the ground. With the ropes finally free, Dave rushes over to his setup to assess damages, but it's quite clear that the device is very slowly dying. The screen is cracked and flickering, and the disk seems to be making...well, noises a properly-working DVD player should never be making. It seems that it'll only last for about...oh, one more turn?

Since it's still working for now, he gets to work stripping the wires. Hopefully, at least SOMETHING good can come out of this venture. [4+2] After only about 2 minutes or so, it becomes clear that the box cutter he found is going to come in VERY handy, seeing as it's slicing through the covering like a hot knife through butter. Two more minutes later and he's got a set of three (3) perfectly-stripped ropes of fairy lights, and one (1) DAMN sharp box cutter!

John is STILL hurtin'. But this time, he's hurtin' and pissed as all hell. Pocketing the now-fairly bloody knife, he pulls out one of his bottles again, and limps as fast as he can towards The Jock, who is busy fiddling with his lighter, getting ready to blow up some more hands. Winding up, he brings the bottle down [6 vs. 3] directly on the side of his face, sending him tumbling to the ground, blood, beer, and broken glass flying in all directions. He clutches his lighter and the one firecracker he was readying tightly, but the rest go tumbling with him, landing at John's feet.

Hoo boy that was satisfying.

Rex doesn't really have any kind of grasp on the concept of revenge, so when he responds to the assault on his nose byThe Prep, he doesn't see it as an attack, but a friendly greeting. [4 vs. 3] That's doesn't stop him from leaping directly on top of her and knocking her to the ground, slamming her head into the tiled floor in the process. It's clear she's had the wind knocked out of her, and that her head hurts like crazy right now. It doesn't seem to be bleeding at all, but Rex is licking her face, which is almost just as annoying.

Off in the corner, The Nerd sneezes about 5 times in a row. She glares at Rex. It seems she might be allergic to dogs, or at the very least Rex.

The Jock looks hurt. Not just physically, considering he's like, REALLY hurt physically right now.

He's been hit with more than just a beer bottle. He's been hit with the realization that, despite what he's lived his life thinking, he is not invincible.

And now this douchebag of a detective is just standing over him, bleeding on him.

What a dick.

But he realizes he is in no position to take out someone with the higher ground. He needs to make a last ditch effort to hurt the Red Team.

[4 vs. 6] He lights the firecracker in his hand, and chucks it towards Lulu. It lands at her feet, an attack she responds to by punting the small bomb into the fountain down the hall. There's no boom. Just a sad splash and a fizzle.

Lulu, having just arrived holding a large , is already holding her own, and she knows it. She immediately singles out the toughest looking dude on the Blue Team, The Punk, and flings a biscuit at him. [3 vs. 6] It bounces harmlessly off his forehead. He seems confused at most.

Clearly it would have worked better if Rex wasn't already busy greeting other people.

Spoiler: Initiatives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Blue Team (click to show/hide)

Oops that was a lil bit. Midterms eh?

Once again lmk if I forgot anything!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:40:47 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2018, 06:15:44 am »

>Load the marble gun (if it isn't already loaded) with as much marbles as I can, then start shooting it preferably at the heads of the blue team, and to compensate for the fact that this thing is loaded with things heavier than the foam balls it was meant to fire, aim high enough to have the marbles land in the faces of the blue team. Preferably the ones it would be most convenient for the Red Team to have a shit ton of marbles impact their face.

When I'm out of ammo, go try and look for a cybernetic arm to replace my somewhat dismembered left hand.
it's over

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2018, 06:47:14 am »

"Hey you! Detective guy! Nick! Or maybe your name was John? Leave this one to me, I'll make sure we both have a blast!"

Lulu descends upon the downed Jock with a maniacal cackle, brandishing an empty snack bag and a whole lot of delicious dog people treats. It's torture time.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2018, 10:31:27 am »

>Load the marble gun (if it isn't already loaded) with as much marbles as I can, then start shooting it preferably at the heads of the blue team, and to compensate for the fact that this thing is loaded with things heavier than the foam balls it was meant to fire, aim high enough to have the marbles land in the faces of the blue team. Preferably the ones it would be most convenient for the Red Team to have a shit ton of marbles impact their face.

When I'm out of ammo, go try and look for a cybernetic arm to replace my somewhat dismembered left hand.

((Seriously dude, you've got a Walmart and a Target, please try to be somewhat realistic in these things. You're not going to find a cybernetic arm, the closest you might get is like, a glove that you've filled with sand to replace the missing parts of your hand. Or you could chop off your arm and replace it with one of those grabber claws. 

Also I recommend picking a target bc mostly y'all have been leaving things up to the fates.))

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2018, 11:08:35 am »

Go for the damn criminal scum nerd, cutting people with unmanned aerial vehicles is pretty illegal.
Smash his head with glass beer bottle.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2018, 11:47:35 am »

Rex is busy greeting his new two-legger friend with many many friendship licks, when suddenly Rex hear big wooshy noise ! Rex look around, and Rex notice other two-legger making the noise. Seem like they sad ! That make Rex sad too... Rex think, and think hard as Rex can. Then suddenly Rex understand EVERYTHING !!! That two-legger is making the sad noise because they want Rex to greet them too !! Don't worry two-legger, Rex gonna be your friend !!!

Rex run as fast as Rex can to go greet The Nerd the same way Rex greet the other two-legger.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6