Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll through Destiny - Turn 3: The Spider Queen  (Read 5428 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 0: Let Us Revisit the Recent Past
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 10:53:18 am »

((I know. It's just that I don't have described it's appearance yet, so it's blank for everyone. I want to integrate this as part of the character. Amnesia is fine and I like it, so I want to keep it.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 12:33:46 pm »

((I just wanna pop in and say I LOVE that character idea and I'm in full support!!))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 12:34:49 pm »

Emerald looks around with some confusion after being transported. What a different room from home! Mistress would get very upset at how dirty it was, probably.

Spotting the glowing eyes in the corner, Emm immediately lowers her body to the ground, prowling towards it quietly, using the unmoving body in the room as cover, before pouncing at whatever it was in those shadows! Mistress hates bugs!

(I imagine cat eyes are helpful for seeing into those dark shadows that those silly humans can't see into.

Also, agreed on the character idea!)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 01:00:36 pm »

((I know. It's just that I don't have described it's appearance yet, so it's blank for everyone. I want to integrate this as part of the character. Amnesia is fine and I like it, so I want to keep it.))
((I think you're free to choose what you like. I think it fits how I imagine your character, so it's easy for me to see it work. Besides, Destiny is not what you are. It is who you choose to be.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 01:09:07 pm »

“What actual eyes on me?!, what do these things want and maybe my moving shadow can help me out here”

Command my shadow to shroud me from the gaze of the eyes, while I try to leave their grasp and ask why that their doing

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 02:13:10 pm »

? ? ? looks around for a moment, notices the creepy eyes, panics and tries to create a bed sheet, hiding underneath it.

"...I-Is the monster gone yet?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 12:28:38 pm »

Turn 1 - Plants Versus Spiders

Percival Frye, Greenstarfanatic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{2} - You book it down the south corridor immediately. You make it a few meters before the hallway takes a right turn. {1} You take a look back at the exact wrong moment and find yourself colliding with a wall of boards, all nailed together. {4} Luckily, the wall seems to bend as you collide with it before ultimately collapsing downward, as if held up by some sort of spring mechanism.

You tumble forward, rolling over the boards that now bounce up and down, and then you fall into a large open pit. {5} Your pants snag onto one of the wooden boards.

Somewhere below you, you hear a voice, soft and weak. You look down, your eyes steadily growing more accustomed to the dark, and see a figure swinging back and forth attached to a vine that goes out of the pit. In the darkness, you can barely make out the giant flower sitting on its head, the mess of colors muted by the lack of light. A faint and sweet scent drifts up from the figure with just a hint of decay.

“Could you--” she starts before pausing. You can tell she seems about to pass out. “Could you help me out of here?”

Combination Turn
Umbrol Chandar, Shadowclaw777
Emerald “Emm”, Sheyra
?-?-?, randomgenericusername

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{6} / {4} / {5} - With an immediate reaction, ?-?-? draws a square in the air and dives to the ground as a piece of fabric materializes itself in the air. Umbrol and Emm see ?-?-? disappear completely from view as an Invisibility Blanket covers them completely. The eyes pay no attention. Success!

Umbrol, meanwhile, prepares for disaster by shielding himself with his shadow. He encases himself in a Cloak of Shadow.

“Ah, thank you for that,” Red Eyes says, with little clicks thrown in for good measure. “It was getting harder to see, what with all the li--”

Emm slinks close to the floor, using the eyes’ current distraction as the best chance to pounce! {4} Emm’s claws shred through a large portion of the webbing.

As the silk strands split open, the owner of the four red eyes spews out, attached to what looks to be some sort of dessicated spider humanoid. Emm’s claws appear to have separated one of the creature’s 8 legs completely. He begins to pick himself off the floor.

“Now, that wasn’t very nice at all.”

?-?-? Is Invisible: Situational bonus. If your next action is an attack, you reroll the first 1, 2, or 6. Ends next turn.
Umbrol Is Shadowcloaked: You are going to be attacked next turn if nothing is done. You will take slightly less damage next turn. Ends next turn.

Environment

Daisy’s ASCII face erupts into static. The last thing she says before disappearing is to notify her when the job is done, after which a small device with a red button appears, clattering to the floor.

The Spider-Man looks at Emm and Umbrol and then towards the unconscious man on the floor. It apologizes and does an odd movement, causing its skin to shed almost instantly. Its exoskeleton gleams in the last seconds of Daisy's light. It takes a battle stance, holding four of its legs above its head before it says in a rather upbeat tone, “So rarely do we get visitors. Are you here to serve as sacrifice, or are you just here to meet with Queen Arachnias? Or perhaps you’ve heard legends of the great warrior, Octavius Silkthread and wished to verify their claims?” He begins to wrap strands of silk around two of his skywardly held legs. “I assure you. They are all true.” You can see a small amount of ichor flowing from his missing leg.

And then, it was dark. {2} / {5} - Umbrol's eyes do not adjust well to this new darkness, but ?-?-? and Emm seem fine.

Umbrol Is Blind: -1 to Accuracy Rolls. Ends next turn.

Players

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:58:27 pm by webadict »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 1: Plants Versus Spiders
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 11:04:13 am »

((Question: Is the vine like, exiting the pit that I'm hanging at the entrance of? Like if I pulled myself out, could I just try pulling the vine up once I'm back on solid ground?))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »

((Question: Is the vine like, exiting the pit that I'm hanging at the entrance of? Like if I pulled myself out, could I just try pulling the vine up once I'm back on solid ground?))
In the darkness, you can't quite make out what exactly the vine is attached to, but you can hear the creaking the vine makes as the new motion of the figure below causes it to swing, an ominous groaning at the lip of the hole. If you had to guess, that would be correct, but it's just so dark that you can't be sure.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 01:59:46 pm by webadict »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 02:15:45 pm »

In the darkness, you can't quite make out what exactly the vine is attached to, but you can hear the creaking the vine makes as the new motion of the figure below causes it to swing, an ominous groaning at the lip of the hole. If you had to guess, that would be correct, but it's just so dark that you can't be sure.

I...uh...sure? Just...give me a minute, alright?

Percival takes a moment to assess his...odd situation, and tries to lift himself back out of the pit, and then lift this thing out by the vine.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 05:27:46 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 05:22:16 pm »

Startled by the sudden appearance of the weird looking insectman thing, Emm would leap backwards, hissing at it. Mistress would definitely hate that thing! Emm would dart forward again, activating her new magical power to cover herself in protective scales, before leaping at the creature before it could stand all the way up and move its head, and thus, its eyes, out of reach of her claws.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »

“If you consider us sacrifices than trust me you are going to have a bad time, so besides this random cat doing whatever a felines does, we like to meet your Queen maybe just us the way?, also not attacking me would be nice

Try to coerce the spider humanoid to back down, and trying to move away from her? reach and stay towards the need of the room and not near the webs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:35 pm »

This isn't happening... This has to be a nightmare, just a bad dream...

? ? ?, while still trembling under the invisibility blanket, creates a large teddy bear for protection against the big scary monster.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 07:06:09 pm »

Hey guys. Just giving you a heads up that I'll post a turn tomorrow. I'm in the middle of moving, and I've been having a heck of a time, so I'll get you something soon.

Apologies for the wait.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 09:07:22 pm »

((It's alright. I tend to say it a lot to other GMs, but please take your time.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3