Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke  (Read 8207 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Mall Fight: The Inferno - Chapter 0: Where There's Smoke
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2018, 01:16:07 pm »

>Load the marble gun (if it isn't already loaded) with as much marbles as I can, then start shooting it preferably at the heads of the blue team, and to compensate for the fact that this thing is loaded with things heavier than the foam balls it was meant to fire, aim high enough to have the marbles land in the faces of the blue team. Preferably the ones it would be most convenient for the Red Team to have a shit ton of marbles impact their face.

When I'm out of ammo, go try and look for a cybernetic arm to replace my somewhat dismembered left hand.

((Seriously dude, you've got a Walmart and a Target, please try to be somewhat realistic in these things. You're not going to find a cybernetic arm, the closest you might get is like, a glove that you've filled with sand to replace the missing parts of your hand. Or you could chop off your arm and replace it with one of those grabber claws. 

Also I recommend picking a target bc mostly y'all have been leaving things up to the fates.))

just let me play a drunk russian who accidentally fucks over all the cosmic die rolls and making none of the rolls make realistic sense for their actions damnit
it's over

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2018, 09:16:11 pm »

just let me play a drunk russian who accidentally fucks over all the cosmic die rolls and making none of the rolls make realistic sense for their actions damnit
I really hate to say this, but if that's what you wanted to play, then you may have signed up for the wrong RTD. If you really want to play in a way that tries to defy the reality of the game, go ahead, but none of it's going to work.

You can be a drunk Russian, you can be ridiculous with your actions, but what you can't do is consistently try and defy the core premise of the game. This isn't a minimalist or semi-minimalist game where anything goes, as long as you roll well enough. It's what I hope to be somewhat of a long-haul, story/fight-driven game.

I'm really happy people signed up to play this, but if I didn't make it clear at the start that this was going to be that, then I'm genuinely sorry, and if anyone wants to bow out I'll gladly accept that, and bring in the waitlisters. Sorry if there was any confusion over the nature of the game.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2018, 08:10:55 am »

With his armfuls of tangled and mangled fairy lights, Davey is rushing about in something of a panic at this point, his eyes wide and his breathing shallow as he casts the occasional glance towards the fuzzy screen of his DVD player and the front of the store where the others are fighting.

Quickly find a power outlet to plug my fairy lights into (after ensuring it is off, of course), then string the powered-off lights across the mouths of the store's aisles at around ankle height. Then go and pour some water onto the cable near the wall, ensuring the bare copper part is in the liquid.
If I can't find a nearby water source or anything to transfer it in, take a glance around to make sure nobody's watching and then pee on it.

Hopefully by the end of this I will have a set of tripwires set up across the store, ready to be electrified at the flick of a switch.
If that's a success, see if I can find a light switch for future use.

((Sorry for being late! I saw the update but immediately forgot about it. Oooops. :-[
No idea if my action makes sense, hopefully it does but I just wanna submit something while I have a moment.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2018, 01:35:12 pm »

He had shown up as the advert had told him to, maybe a little bit late. And now he was in what seemed to be in a supply closet. The only door was locked, and somehow he knew that the weak seeming wood would not break. There wasn't anything in here to do anything with... *sigh*
Looked like he had to wait his turn.

Name: Kit "Thousandmasks" Rougard
Appearance: A young, lean male with long dirty blonde hair, a light tan, and piercingly red eyes. His face is obscured by his Kitsune mask, but his eyes are still visible.
Background: ###
Skills: Kit is great at losing pursuers in crowds and chaotic places, sometimes just hiding in plain sight. He also has sharp reflexes/throwing skills - Expect that knife to go through your eye.
Faults: Anti-social to all hell. He actually has problems helping other people, and trusts only himself. (-1 all assistance type actions) He also is heavily paranoid about his mask - if anything happened to it, he'd probably freak out. And god help him if he loses his mask completely. (-1 after successful damage to mask, -3 without a mask)
Inventory: Just the clothes on his back and the mask on his face.

Not done yet, hold on...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:00:28 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]