Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interaction type does not display  (Read 594 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interaction type does not display
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:34:21 pm »

I was trying to create a secret-type interaction to create pyromancers instead of necromancers. I wanted to test them in the arena, but they just can't be selected, it's as if it didn't exist. Is there something wrong in these raws that causes it to not display?

Currently, the only thing this interaction does is allowing a material emission of liquid basalt.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even after changing goal to immortality, I still can't seem to spawn pyromancers in legends, either.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:50:15 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Interaction type does not display
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:49:20 am »

I was trying to create a secret-type interaction to create pyromancers instead of necromancers. I wanted to test them in the arena, but they just can't be selected, it's as if it didn't exist. Is there something wrong in these raws that causes it to not display?

Currently, the only thing this interaction does is allowing a material emission of liquid basalt.

Even after changing goal to immortality, I still can't seem to spawn pyromancers in legends, either.

the secret interaction itself is fine but [INTERACTION:PYRO_MAGMA_GLOB] is... not... to put it mildly, lol. Besides, it's not even needed.

[INTERACTION:PYRO_MAGMA_GLOB] wasn't needed, instead almost everything in it should be inside the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION part of [INTERACTION:FIRE_MAGE].
[CDI:INTERACTION:PYRO_MAGMA_GLOB] itself should instead be [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]

here,

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 12:51:45 pm »

Ok, I'm trying right now.

Also, can [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0] be used multiple times? I want to add more magical stuff to the pyromancer secret, mostly stuff using [FLOW].

EDIT: Still can't spawn it in the arena, the only difference between the raw you posted here and mine is that I've added a CDI:VERB, but it won't spawn even without it.

...maybe I'm doing something wrong in the arena, how can you get them to spawn?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:55:28 pm by Eктωρ »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 12:54:16 pm »

yes

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 01:00:17 pm »

It could also be that I'm putting this in the wrong folder. I'm adding it to the secret type interaction file in the interaction example folder.

I tried changing the necromancer's name in the interaction example raws folder. I changed its arena name and descriptor to becromancer, but it still displays as necromancer, which leads me to believe I'm somehow in the wrong folder here.

Yep, put it into interaction_standard and it works, lol

So regular necromancy is hard coded then, given the example files don't actually do anything?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:16:59 pm by Eктωρ »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 01:29:07 pm »

they are example files. they are only examples and do nothing. necromancers are procedurally generated on a per-world basis

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 01:29:49 pm »

yeah, the game only loads raws from the "objects" folder, not any of the other folders such as "interaction examples" .nor any of the folders inside the "objects" folder.

so put the interaction in a new file inside the objects folder.

name of the file should be "interaction_*" for interactions. '*' being anything you want. For example, i used "interaction_pyromancer" when debugging your code. (Without the quotation marks of course, but thankfully windows wont even let you put quotation marks in file names.)

The first line inside the file must be the the name of the file itself, so if your filename is "interaction_pyromancer", the first line of the file should be "interaction_pyromancer" as well.
Right after that should be [OBJECT:X], where 'X' is the type of object this file defines, so: [OBJECT:INTERACTION] for interactions.

This is what the file should look like:
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.