Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Rune Race: Iqua Thread  (Read 16846 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Race: Iqua Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:21 pm »

We can solve the leaking problem by replacing the quiver with a metal bin, I don't know how to solve the draw weight, I think a sling with potions as ammo is easy enough to be a revision but still effective.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »

We should use wax to seal the quivers and help with the moisture problems. That is two revisions.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 01:58:35 pm »

We should use wax to seal the quivers and help with the moisture problems. That is two revisions.
I knew there was an easy waterproofing way in those days, but I do feel like both your revision suggestions could be done in one revision, unless you suggested it at one suggestion
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 02:04:05 pm »

Improved Draw Weight: By the inclusion of the common wych elm of forests and the improvements to wood-making techniques, this allows the Swan’s Song to carry its improved draw weight at greater ranges since it can handle more force from the improved woods into its lamination, thus the durability of it has increased. Also adding horn nocks on the end also allows the wood to handle more stress from the arrows before breaking

Targes: The wooden shield is too weak and can be broken by the weakest blow, by plating the wood of the shield with iron, it allow to handle the force of stronger blows from the swing of an axe to not breaking when a crossbow bolt directly hits it, even handling directed elemental forces better. The inclusion of metal to the wooden shield will allow it to be more durable in the rise of new magical threats and handle the force of martial weapons without breaking and handling the rough wear it must go through.

Idea: We give all the archers leather gloves and “medium” armor like a Brigandine+Gambeson/Chain Greaves and Leggings through a design, it would mean that the poison wouldn’t go through the thicker armor and improving the durability of the soldiers who can’t wear scale mail.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:31:49 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 02:14:07 pm »

Considering that it would probably cost at least 2 extra land I don't think it would worth the cost in most cases

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 02:29:46 pm »

I knew there was an easy waterproofing way in those days, but I do feel like both your revision suggestions could be done in one revision, unless you suggested it at one suggestion
I suppose it could be one revision

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2018, 02:32:02 pm »

Fine, but medium armor of like a Chain Shirt + leather underneath should be the armor every foot soldier and archer wears, unless we can improve ore income someway, I should consult with the GM to see if we can get every soldier with chain mail.

Arrow Waxing: The bowstring and arrows are waxed throughly for the Swan’s Song and Composite Bow, allowing the wood of the bow to have a coating of wax to handle the forces of nature of thick water and murky conditions, and it means for the arrows of the Swan’s Song that the coating of wax to seal the poison of the arrows, where the poison only goes to where we want it, in the blood of our enemies not on our flesh.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 02:38:17 pm »

I mean, I would support armour it after we get more land
Edit: we should start voting
Quote from: revision
Improved Draw Weight (1): Rockeater
Arrow Waxing (1): Rockeater
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:53:21 am by Rockeater »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 07:39:54 am »

Improved Draw Weight (2): Rockeater, Detoxicated
Arrow Waxing (2): Rockeater, Detoxicated
[/quote]

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 02:45:02 pm »

Improved Draw Weight (3): Rockeater, Detoxicated, SC
Arrow Waxing (3): Rockeater, Detoxicated, SC
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:49:31 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2018, 12:40:43 am »

Improved Draw Weight (4): Rockeater, Detoxicated, SC, Happerry
Arrow Waxing (4): Rockeater, Detoxicated, SC, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2018, 06:39:08 am »

Revision Phase

Improved Draw Weight
By the inclusion of the common wych elm of forests and the improvements to wood-making techniques, this allows the Swan’s Song to carry its improved draw weight at greater ranges since it can handle more force from the improved woods into its lamination, thus the durability of it has increased. Also adding horn nocks on the end also allows the wood to handle more stress from the arrows before breaking.

Roll: 5 (Normal)

Making use of the local wych elm has helped with the problems we were having with bows breaking during use. The Swan’s Song is still on the long side, resulting in a bow that our archers lack the strength to make full use of. Nevertheless, the range and power delivered by the Swan’s Song is now superior to our standard bow, allowing those armed with them to fight from a safer distance.

Arrow Waxing
The bowstring and arrows are waxed throughly for the Swan’s Song and Composite Bow, allowing the wood of the bow to have a coating of wax to handle the forces of nature of thick water and murky conditions, and it means for the arrows of the Swan’s Song that the coating of wax to seal the poison of the arrows, where the poison only goes to where we want it, in the blood of our enemies not on our flesh.

Roll: 6-1=5 (Hard)

Coating the arrows in a layer of Swan’s Black Blood followed by a layer of wax does seem like a more effective technique than applying the poison in the field. We are now able to prepare the arrows before providing them to our Swan’s Song wielders and this has restored their mobility in battle. Furthermore, all the wax added to our Swan’s Song has resolved the difficulties we were having with the frequent rain we receive on this island. Command is calling for us to upgrade our more conventional bows in a similar manner.

It is now Autumn, Turn -2 Discovery Phase
This turn is a double turn, so you may take 2 actions each phase. There will be no Battle phase.

Command is preparing to shift resources over to the war effort next turn (Turn -1), you will be given a chance to pick a phase to be a double phase on that turn.

Resources: Land 2, Ore 1, Mana 2, 1x Hint Token

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rune Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Discoveries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:45:41 am by Talion »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2018, 08:46:55 am »

Alright, so. I think we do two investigates, and spend the hint token on an experiment. My inclination is investigating Wood (I'm thinking this might be a step on the road to more potent poisons and/or healing potions, on the basis that wood=life(?)) and Control (seems like the most interesting meaning, although I could also support investigating one of the meanings in Swan's, to try and make it more potent), and experimenting with [Alchemy: Ward(Wood), Form(Air), Attack(Air)] (on the basis that if Form(Water) results in adding water to blood, Form(Air) might result in adding air to blood, which can be far more deadly.

Quote from: Votebox
Action 1
Investigate - Wood: (1) NUKE9.13

Action 2
Investigate - Control: (1) NUKE9.13

Hint Token
Do Not Use:
Discover - [Alchemy: Ward(Wood), Form(Air), Attack(Air)]: (1) NUKE9.13
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:51:12 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2018, 10:33:15 am »

For now I agree with Nuke.
We should reach out for the shadow skill as soon as possible in my opinion.

Nuke's Plan (1): Detoxicated

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2018, 10:54:56 am »

I mean, we could rush Shadow, if we think it will be especially useful.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20