Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll through Destiny - Turn 3: The Spider Queen  (Read 1621 times)

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 1: Plants Versus Spiders
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 07:01:18 pm »

Note to self: Glowing rainbow looks sweet, but it takes a bit to do.

As a side question, do you guys like combination turns, or would you rather they focused solely on you? I do them if your actions would coincide so much that it'd be like reading the same thing, but honestly, if it's not popular, I'll stop doing it.

Turn 2 - The Queen Awaits


Combination Turn - Umbrol Chandar, Shadowclaw777; Emerald “Emm”, Sheyra

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{5} / {4} - Emm tenses up, leaping backwards. As she does, three glowing hearts surround her, cycling at an ever-increasing pace before they latch onto her head, tail, and back, hardening in place.

{5} Emm feels the scales drastically increase in weight, turning her tail into a whip. Octavius, having been momentarily blinded by the flash of light, is completely unprepared, staggering him as the frantic feline flail slams the arachnoid. He is launched back into the mess of webs, which collapses to reveal a tunnel leading back into a dark cavern before a cloud of dust fills the air.

Umbrol seizes the advantage, and feels something cold in his veins, dispersing through his body as he speaks. “If you consider us sacrifices, then trust me, you are going to have a bad time, so besides this random cat doing whatever a feline does, we would like to meet your Queen maybe just show us the way? Also, not attacking me would be nice.” {6} Umbrol’s words are laced with a threatening edge, and Emm and the unknown soul begin to feel a heaviness in their stomach as the darkness closes in.

A fit of coughing disperses the dust cloud and steadily morphs into laughter. “Perhaps I’ve gotten too old for this, or, more likely, I have underestimated you. I concede.” He stands up, holding his front arms up in a gesture of surrender. Octavius turns towards Emm. “If you’d like to continue this, I can certainly arrange it, but,” he says, raising several of his auxiliary appendages, all of which have been mangled and destroyed, “it appears you have already won.”

He coughs some more. "You are quite strong, young feline. I would someday like to have a pupil as strong as you, if ever you were inclined."




Umbrol Gained a Skill - Intimidation: Your voice is a weapon of its own, causing fear to those that hear it.



Percival Frye, Greenstarfanatic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{5} - In spite of your current predicament, you manage to shimmy your way off the bouncing wooden-board wall and grab ahold of solid stone. It takes a bit of a try, but eventually you find your footing on something and climb your way out of this hole.

It is much darker than it was before, with what little light there is flowing in from some cracks in the opposite wall from where you walked in, but you can hear the vine creaking just a ways off. You cautiously move to grab the vine and find some success, just as you hear a few feet pounding outside the cracked wall run right by.

{4} You get a hold of the vine and begin to pull the plantgirl out of the pit. She is remarkably light, and each meter you pull seems easier and easier, until you can finally see her on the edge of the pit. You reach out to grab her hand, and she grabs on feebly.

“Thank you,” she says, hugging you. “If you’re a spider, I’d prefer you kill me right now, though.”




?-?-?, randomgenericusername

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{2} - This is a bad dream. This is a nightmare. This isn’t happening. You slam your eyes closed and start drawing.

Thats not how he works, {___}.

You open your eyes. You can no longer see the Stone Room anymore. You are back in that painted town that only existed in the White Room. A woman in overalls and a face that you can’t see is towering over you. Her hands, posted at her hips, are holding a dirty teddy bear. Part of its head is ripped open, and a bit of stuffing falls out at random intervals. She gets down onto one knee.

This bear doesnt just protect you from monsters.

You are crying. The tears make it even harder to see her face. Your bear friend was dead. It died protecting you from the monsters. She puts her hand on your head, and you try to look in her eyes but can’t.

You have to protect him from the monsters, too.

She stands back up, and hands you back the bear. Its head been patched up with a patchwork of a bandage, and it is now clean and warm.

You are stronger than he is. He knows what youre feeling. He can only be strong if you are. He can only fight the monsters if you can.

You see the Stone Room again. Standing before you is that same teddy bear, hunched down on the ground and trembling. Lights pours throughout the room from the cat that you saw rip off the leg of the monster. You hear the voice of the shadow man’s voice, strong in the face of unimaginable danger.

And here you are, hiding with a terrified teddy bear under a blanket. The blanket disintegrates.




Environment

Octavius stands up and turns around. "I admit you free passage to and from Queen Arachnias." He begins to hobble and limp his way into the caverns behind the webs. "A word of caution, however. Do not look into her eyes. She may be the Queen of Spiders, but she is nothing like us."

In the hallway outside the Stone Room, the plantgirl lets go of Percival. “I’m Artemis. Thanks for rescuing me, but I need to find the Spider Queen.” When she says that, she immediately begins to search through the pockets of her baggy clothes. Artemis stops, letting out a sigh of relief, after which her stomach growls. “You, uh, wouldn’t have anything to eat, would you? Oh, and… who or what are you?”




Players




Logged

Shadowclaw777

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 08:30:02 pm »

“Ok domestic shorthair, that’s the breed you are right?, a Siamese maybe, anyways what’s important here is trying to find out why we are sent so to this place so I need the head to the information keeper so I at least understand the basics, but you may do what you please.”

Head towards where the free passage and maybe Octavia’s w hold like to come along, ask him that question, than direct myself so that I may meet the Queen, preparing my shadows to cover my eyes if she has this “Medusa Stare”
Logged

Greenstarfanatic

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warlock of Deals
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 10:40:45 am »

Do you ever have one of those days where things couldn't get more ridiculous even if they tried so you just say fuck it and go along with it?

Percival was having one of those days.

I...I'm Percival? Percival Frye. I'm a...well I was a human, not sure if I still am now but I guess that's rather beside the point.

He checked his pockets for...well, anything, but didn't really come up with much.

Sorry, don't really have any kind of food either. But I'll tell you what, you seem to know a lot more about this place than I do, so how about you and I stick together for a bit?

If she agrees, follow her and keep an eye out for more pitfalls, but if she doesn't, wish her luck and continue down that original hallway, past the original pit.

((Btw I like the combined turns, as long as it's a case of several people with stuff happening to them together.))
Logged
*logs into the dark net* "dark BadDragon show me illegal buttplugs"

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 0: Let Us Revisit the Recent Past
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 11:16:12 am »

((I love the rainbow text, and I think combination turns are okay.))

? ? ?, now visible, appears in a corner of the room crying blue tears while clutching his head.

"Why..? Why can't I remember her face?"

He then carefully lifts the teddy bear and gives it a big hug to try to calm himself. ? ? ? then turns, looking at the shadowy man in confusion and fear.

"W-Who are you?!"
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sheyra

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 07:48:35 am »

Emm would stand proudly, savoring the glow of victory. She'd beaten up that giant bug and showed it who was boss! Emerald would preen a bit, entirely ignoring Umbrol now that he wasn't a threat and had given up. Heroines don't beat up people who have already surrendered, after all!

She'd end up wandering over to the crying nameless man as she deactivated her scales, looking up at him quietly. He seemed really sad and scared... he must really hate bugs like Mistress. She'd purr a bit and bump his leg, rubbing up against him to help him calm down. Maybe she could get some pets for a job well done?

((Rainbow text was great! Also, I'm fine with combined turns when relevant, I think it makes the post flow more smoothly.))
Logged

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2018, 03:59:17 pm »

The kid looks down, noticing the cat and bends down to pet it on the head with one hand while releasing his hold of the bear and unconsiously painting and creating a ball of yarn with the other, like he had done to create the blanket and the teddy bear, his sadness and fear slowly fading away due to the cat's comforting presence.
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 05:09:13 pm »

((I don't really like doing this and also sorry for the double post, but it's been a while. When is the next turn?))
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »

((I don't really like doing this and also sorry for the double post, but it's been a while. When is the next turn?))
((No, that's completely fine. I've just been busy with midterms, so I apologize for the long wait. I've got the turn like... half done, but I haven't completed it just yet. I'll get some more done today, so my guess is Saturday at the latest, as I've still got some more class-stuff tomorrow. Sorry again! It shouldn't be this long at all!))
Logged

Dustan Hache

  • Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »

in, when you get a chance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Logged
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 09:30:38 am »

((I don't really like doing this and also sorry for the double post, but it's been a while. When is the next turn?))
((No, that's completely fine. I've just been busy with midterms, so I apologize for the long wait. I've got the turn like... half done, but I haven't completed it just yet. I'll get some more done today, so my guess is Saturday at the latest, as I've still got some more class-stuff tomorrow. Sorry again! It shouldn't be this long at all!))
((Oh no, it's alright. I'm sorry, I don't really care about waiting more, I just wanted confirmation on the next turn since I was getting a little impatient. You don't have to apologize if you were busy with more important things, it's completely understandable.))
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 01:03:56 am »

Dang, I lied. But, I'm almost done. I just have to finish this up before I have to run errands tomorrow morning. I apologize.
Logged

webadict

  • Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 2: The Queen Awaits
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 10:10:33 am »

Retroactive actions! Whenever you receive a retroactive action, think of it as a free action to modify the way the previous turn happened. It will happen as a mini-turn before the beginning of the next turn that happened during the last turn.

Also, sorry for the time. I got busy, and I won't try to let that happen again.


Turn 3 - The Spider Queen

Umbrol Chandar, Shadowclaw777

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{5} - You step forward, holding your domineering presence and enter the caverns behind Octavius. He moves steadily, and it’s obvious that he’s moving at a much slower pace for you.

The tunnels around you are rough and branch off at almost constant intervals, but you continue straight down the same tunnel. You can see various eyes watching you, backing away into the darkness as you pass them by. You think hard about what to ask Octavius.

It's not too far of a walk, but you finally find yourself outside the Queen's Chamber.



Retroactive Action: You may ask Octavius for any piece of information that he might know.



Percival Frye, Greenstarfanatic

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{5} - Artemis looks at you, examining you head to feet.

“Well… Okay. But, I don’t really know anything about here,” Artemis says, gesturing towards your surroundings. “But, I could certainly use some help. You never know when a Spider’s gonna get you, and--” Artemis stops what she’s saying, and smiles at you. “Well, let’s not think about that.”

She pulls herself over the wooden board wall and into the hallway you had initially come from, dragging you behind her. She peers around the corner, inching almost comically down the hallway before stopping you with a gesture of silence.

“I saw someone walk into the tunnels. It might be the Spiders. And there’s two others ahead of us, but...” She stops and looks at the corner of the room where the rubble, now no longer smoking, stands. From within the pile, you can hear the lightest of whimpers.




Emerald “Emm”, Sheyra

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{5} - You savor the momentary thrill of victory, feeling more knowledgeable in how your scales seem to function, cleaning yourself as you deactivate them.

When you look up, you notice the sad man and the shuddering bear. You try to let them know that everything’s alright. You’re here to protect them from scary bugs. And you deserve a reward for beating that monster.

You feel something trigger within you, like static electricity, when you rub up against the man. You momentarily jump as you see the elaborate colorful landscape of somewhere unknown. You feel a waning terror and sadness, and then it’s gone.

Your paw finishes a movement you weren’t conscious of. Floating in front of you is a small ball of multicolored yarn, shifting through the rainbow. It begins to fall before it bounces down the caverns that the shadow man and the spider had gone down.



You Gained a Skill - Empathic Channeling: You can occasionally use the abilities of others while in contact with them.



?-?-?, randomgenericusername

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

{4} - There’s a lot you don’t know. You watch as the green-eyed cat comes up to you, rubbing against your legs in what feels like an act of comfort.

You let go of the bear. It does a tumble as it’s released--a perfect somersault--before coming to a stop in a sitting position, looking up at you. It doesn’t appear to shiver anymore, but it looks like it wants… guidance? Instruction, maybe.

You suddenly realize you are holding a multicolored ball of yarn, shifting hues like a rolling mist. You pet her and ready to toss the ball, when you notice another ball, exactly the same as the one you're holding, bouncing down the caverns after the shadow man and the spider.

Huh. Weird.



Pepper, Dustin Hache

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Something has gone horribly wrong. You don’t know exactly what, but the white room that had existed a moment ago is now replaced with a wall of red flashing exclamation marks.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The verbal alert repeats endlessly in this red-hued room. Is this because you said yes?

“I am sorry that I cannot formally name you, Elemental Sniper. There has been a catastrophic error, and you must leave immediately. Embrace for--” You enter a world of pain. As you let out a howl of pain, a jet of flames leaves your mouth, coating you in ash. Try as you might, you can’t seem to form anything but fire, and the world of darkness returns.



You Gained a Skill - Hellhound: You can fire a jet of flames from your mouth.



Environment

Octavius motions behind himself to Umbrol, pointing into the large room ahead. Umbrol takes a cautionary look.

On a throne of bone and web sits a thin-framed woman. Dangling from one of her fingers is a small spider, which she casually flicks away. She is slouched on the throne, holding her bored look in her hand. As Octavius enters the room, she turns towards the intruder, and Umbrol gets the briefest of glances at the dark empty sockets before his shadow covers his eyes.

“I have someone here to meet you, my queen.” The creaking of his bowing legs echoes through the chamber. There’s a long pause, before Umbrol can hear feet tapping on the stone ahead. The Queen of Spiders stops right in front of him.

“What can I do for you, Shadow-eyes? Will you look me in the eyes and ask it?”




In the Stone Room, the pile of rubble begins to move and quiver. Emm and ?-?-? look over as chunks of stone begin to move aside and a paw emerges from within. Artemis rushes over, followed by Percival, who begin to start removing the remainder of the broken stone. Under the debris is a brown dog that steadily gets to her feet, before shaking the remaining rocks from her fur.



Players





Spoiler: Pepper, Dustin Hache (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:01:24 pm by webadict »
Logged

Dustan Hache

  • Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 3: The Spider Queen
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 12:46:35 pm »

look around for my owner. where did they go? who are these people?
Logged
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Shadowclaw777

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 3: The Spider Queen
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12:01 pm »

Retroactive Action Invoked

“I have only a few questions to be answered, one that is if I were to allow my eyes to actually stare into the... Spidertress’ eyes would my soul be sucked up or something, petrified into granite?, and secondly how does this lady like to be approached exactly?, would she react threateningly back if I started coerce and intimidating, should I start with a... compliant dialogue with her to not... escalate the conversation?, and third do you have any information on why we random folks, and a cat and dog or something, were sent here?, do you have information pertaining if your Queen sent us here?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:34:21 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Logged

randomgenericusername

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through Destiny - Turn 3: The Spider Queen
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2018, 07:53:31 am »

? ? ? stands where he is, confused and disoriented after seeing so many things happen at the same time. Normally, he would have rushed to the dog's aid, but the sudden appearance of the newcomers dissuaded him from doing so.

He sits next to the teddy bear.

"You're not the only one who needs guidance..."
Logged
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 2 [3]