Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD  (Read 16299 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 03:20:33 am »

Perform the flanking maneuver, by sprinting to a direction where the bugs don’t expect while reloading and spray bullets towards there position.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:57 am »

((I'm awfully rusty at this, but here, have some grade-B insane ranting.))

"Wow, amazing work, just amazing.  See men?  This is why we can't let women like that into our army, they ruin our equipment, she just broke a good rifle, a great rifle, a rifle she didn't deserve, and she can't even take a hit, look at her!  Sad!  How could a soldier be injured so easily?  Just sad, you saw me, I took a hit, and I'm not on the ground crying like a girl, women have no place in the army!  And then they want to report heroes like Yoink, and he was just being a soldier, we're all soldiers, soldiers fight all the time, and he just fought a little--defending himself too!--but because it was a woman he's being targeted, it's terrible, just terrible folks, we can't accept this, it's terrible!  You could be next, I'm just saying, any of us could be targeted like this, we're just doing our jobs and then the PC commanders who don't even come down here get all uppity, and they're mad, and bad things happen to us!  It's a disaster!"

Induce the other soldiers to riot, resisting the unfair feministic system that's trying to denigrate and emasculate them!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 07:02:19 am »

"I thought we were fighting Vietnamese people, not weird bug aliens."
Move forward with the rest of the tropes and fire my M16 at any bugs I see.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:12 am »

“What.”
Pay respects to gent, then shoot bugs to avenge him. Also, reload.
Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 10:34:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When deployed, jump into the crater and twirl around like a ballerina while firing my rifle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:35:54 am by Secheral »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »

Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)

>Exit the dropship then go to the frontline, gunning down xeno scum.
it's over

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Not-Minimalist RTD
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2018, 05:18:01 pm »

"Kay. Bye."

Unpin grenade, lightly toss at the Trump's feet.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »

Faust:

"MEIN GOTT!!! That bug turned Gent into chunky salsa!"

My eye catches a glint of silver arcing towards Trump. Dash to the live grenade and kick it towards the advancing line of bugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »

Your eye is either improbably perfect or faulty, given that grenades aren't usually shiny and easy to see, it's a light underhand toss from a prone position, and you're in a different place looking in a different direction.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »

You're not my real dad!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2018, 09:44:02 pm »

IF SPINE-BREAKY PERSON ACTUALLY ABLE TO THROW GRENADE, SOMEHOW DETERMINE IF THIS FAUST GUY ABLE TO SEE/KICK IT OR NOT

IF YES, DIVE INTO NEARBY HOLE/CRATER/GULLY, TAKE COVER
IF NO, STEAL HIS IDEA AND KICK IT MYSELF. UTILISE ALL MY HACKY-SACK SKILLZ

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2018, 03:53:50 am »

Perform the flanking maneuver, by sprinting to a direction where the bugs don’t expect while reloading and spray bullets towards there position.

[2] You try to run up towards the sides, but you trip and tumble down into the crater towards the bugs.

((I'm awfully rusty at this, but here, have some grade-B insane ranting.))

"Wow, amazing work, just amazing.  See men?  This is why we can't let women like that into our army, they ruin our equipment, she just broke a good rifle, a great rifle, a rifle she didn't deserve, and she can't even take a hit, look at her!  Sad!  How could a soldier be injured so easily?  Just sad, you saw me, I took a hit, and I'm not on the ground crying like a girl, women have no place in the army!  And then they want to report heroes like Yoink, and he was just being a soldier, we're all soldiers, soldiers fight all the time, and he just fought a little--defending himself too!--but because it was a woman he's being targeted, it's terrible, just terrible folks, we can't accept this, it's terrible!  You could be next, I'm just saying, any of us could be targeted like this, we're just doing our jobs and then the PC commanders who don't even come down here get all uppity, and they're mad, and bad things happen to us!  It's a disaster!"

Induce the other soldiers to riot, resisting the unfair feministic system that's trying to denigrate and emasculate them!

[5] You convince every misogynist in earshot that the female of the species is the real threat, not the bugs. Half the platoon goes on strike, refuses to advance, and start giving venomous glares at anything that looks female. It is actually quite difficult to tell under the helmets and armor so they just act hostile towards anyone with soft skin and who isn't behaving like a brute. Unit cohesion collapses.

(6) It could be the alien climate, but you start seeing all the bugs as vietnamese kooks. You hose the approaching bugs with your M16, putting holes in limbs and mandibles... but you also manage to hit Marius in the left arm. The rifled bullet causes blowback and a huge bleeding exit wound.

“What.”
Pay respects to gent, then shoot bugs to avenge him. Also, reload.

[3] You reload and haphazardly spray rounds in the general direction of the bugs. You blow off a limb or two from the warriors... and also succeed in hitting Marius in the helmet. The round partially penetrates and gives Marius a splitting headache.

When deployed, jump into the crater and twirl around like a ballerina while firing my rifle.

Your drop pod comes soaring down from orbit...

[2] But it eats anti-air-artillery plasma as it enters atmosphere, vaporizing you. Try again. Your next of kin will recieve double the honors when they sign up to earn their citizenship.

>Exit the dropship then go to the frontline, gunning down xeno scum.

You deploy with the next wave via drop pod... [4] You land safely near the front and join the platoon.
[6] You hose down advancing bugs with deadly accuracy, scoring 2 kills! You also nearly decapitate the sergeant in front, but his helmet stops the bullet, and merely gets a splitting headache from a partially penetrated bullet.

"Kay. Bye."

Unpin grenade, lightly toss at the Trump's feet.

You're paralyzed after Yoink jumped on you. You think harsh thoughts towards trump. You would use harsh language, but find yourself unable to move the muscles in your throat and face. It's kind of like having a mouth but not being able to scream.

Faust:

"MEIN GOTT!!! That bug turned Gent into chunky salsa!"

My eye catches a glint of silver arcing towards Trump. Dash to the live grenade and kick it towards the advancing line of bugs.

[4] There's no grenade arcing at Trump, but you toss some of your own towards the bugs. Your high explosive grenade soars over the sergeants head and into a line of bugs. It explodes, shredding one.

IF SPINE-BREAKY PERSON ACTUALLY ABLE TO THROW GRENADE, SOMEHOW DETERMINE IF THIS FAUST GUY ABLE TO SEE/KICK IT OR NOT

IF YES, DIVE INTO NEARBY HOLE/CRATER/GULLY, TAKE COVER

There is no grenade endangering Trump, but you feel the urge to kick something.

[5] You stomp on Jane Doe's head, ending her life. And increasing your liabilities to Murder.

Death rolls:

[1] Several warrior bugs grab Marius with their mandibles, and proceed to tear him limb from limb.

[2] After Trump gives his speech, a warrior bug breaks through the lines, and stabs him through the left shoulder. The claw runs through Trump, armor flesh and all, and is lodged inside.

[2] A bug advances on Frank Goldstein, and slashes at him. A claw penetrates Frank through the groin, shattering the hip and pubic bone. Frank is impaled and maimed.

[1] An arachnid warrior breaks through the lines and clamps its mandibles around Michael's neck, hoisting him aloft. Michael is grappled by the neck.

[4] Suhrat survives, as the nearby arachnids are too busy chomping on the rest of the team.

[4] Faust is also ignored by the bugs, for now.

[2] A bug breaks through and implales Yoink through the chest with its claws. It just misses his heart.

Platoon Actions:

[6] The sergeant rallies a nearby squad or two and starts pushing the bugs back towards the crater... well most of them, except the ones busy impaling the team.

[5] The misogynists rally around Trump and fire into the bug impaling him. They kill it, and saw off the claw attached to Trump, but leave the object in the wound to prevent him from bleeding out.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2018, 07:07:09 am »

Death rolls:

[1] Several warrior bugs grab Marius with their mandibles, and proceed to tear him limb from limb.

[2] After Trump gives his speech, a warrior bug breaks through the lines, and stabs him through the left shoulder. The claw runs through Trump, armor flesh and all, and is lodged inside.

[2] A bug advances on Frank Goldstein, and slashes at him. A claw penetrates Frank through the groin, shattering the hip and pubic bone. Frank is impaled and maimed.

[1] An arachnid warrior breaks through the lines and clamps its mandibles around Michael's neck, hoisting him aloft. Michael is grappled by the neck.

[2] A bug breaks through and implales Yoink through the chest with its claws. It just misses his heart.

Relevant Video accurately describing this turn

>Go shoot some more bugs, firing as much as I have to until either A: There's no more bugs to kill or B: I have to reload. If B happens, then stick in the back of the group so they can cover me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:48:26 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 07:13:21 am »

SCREAM. A LOT.

ALSO USE PREVIOUSLY DEMONSTRATED SPINE-BREAKING SKILLS TO GRAB ATTACKER BY HEAD AND WRENCH IT AROUND IN HOPE OF BREAKING ITS NERVOUS SYSTEM THINGIES BEFORE IT CAN FINISH ME OFF
ASSUMING THESE BUGS EVEN HAVE THAT KINDA THING
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 07:53:00 am »

“Protect me combat armor!”
break out of the grab. Shoot bugs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8