Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD  (Read 16427 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2018, 09:53:14 am »

Spoiler: Dick Kickem (click to show/hide)

Rally up the remaining female soldiers to fight misogynists by giving an inspiring, emotional speech about equality, how not all men are good fighters, how not all women are bad fighters, and all that jazz.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:16:17 pm by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2018, 12:11:16 pm »

Faust: Ignore the politics, help wrench the head off of the bug impaling Yoink. If bug is already dead, reload rifle.

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2018, 12:18:14 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Jager II the twin of the first sees the death of his twin and goes on a rage with his assault weapon attempt to murder as many of the bug f***** as possible

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2018, 12:56:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hijack dropship.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2018, 01:14:19 pm »

Gather bug parts. Craft an Insect Glaive.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2018, 01:24:49 pm »

Shoot the bug that is harming me with my M16, then try and crawl towards a medic.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2018, 06:38:56 am »

Death rolls:

[1] Several warrior bugs grab Marius with their mandibles, and proceed to tear him limb from limb.

[2] After Trump gives his speech, a warrior bug breaks through the lines, and stabs him through the left shoulder. The claw runs through Trump, armor flesh and all, and is lodged inside.

[2] A bug advances on Frank Goldstein, and slashes at him. A claw penetrates Frank through the groin, shattering the hip and pubic bone. Frank is impaled and maimed.

[1] An arachnid warrior breaks through the lines and clamps its mandibles around Michael's neck, hoisting him aloft. Michael is grappled by the neck.

[2] A bug breaks through and implales Yoink through the chest with its claws. It just misses his heart.

Relevant Video accurately describing this turn

Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)

>Go shoot some more bugs, firing as much as I have to until either A: There's no more bugs to kill or B: I have to reload. If B happens, then stick in the back of the group so they can cover me.

You load fresh belt of ammo into the machinegun and unload it at the bugs.

[4] You unleash a storm of bullets at the nearby bugs, tearing away at one of their limbs and mandibles until you finally penetrate its thick carapace to mortally wound it. You score 1 kill!

SCREAM. A LOT.

ALSO USE PREVIOUSLY DEMONSTRATED SPINE-BREAKING SKILLS TO GRAB ATTACKER BY HEAD AND WRENCH IT AROUND IN HOPE OF BREAKING ITS NERVOUS SYSTEM THINGIES BEFORE IT CAN FINISH ME OFF
ASSUMING THESE BUGS EVEN HAVE THAT KINDA THING

Your basic Arachnid warrior is the size of a small car and has a median weight of 550 Kg.

[4] You use your kung fu prevent yourself from being eviscerated by the mandibles and claws, wiggling while impaled by its claw to avoid your head from being chewed off.

“Protect me combat armor!”
break out of the grab. Shoot bugs!
Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

[1] You struggle with great strength and vigor... and succeed in snapping your own neck, severing your head from your torso. You are dead, but your next of Kin will be able to serve the federation with your honors!

Rally up the remaining female soldiers to fight misogynists by giving an inspiring, emotional speech about equality, how not all men are good fighters, how not all women are bad fighters, and all that jazz.

[1] You succeed in insulting every female present. They all vow never to sleep with you... or with anyone related to you. You gain a trait: Shunned by the female of the species.

Faust: Ignore the politics, help wrench the head off of the bug impaling Yoink. If bug is already dead, reload rifle.

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)

[6]

You heroically tackle the bug, making it lose its balance. You both tumble together down the crater into a sea of even more bugs. You see Yoink's head bouncing along with you as you fall.

Jager II the twin of the first sees the death of his twin and goes on a rage with his assault weapon attempt to murder as many of the bug f***** as possible

[1] Your rifle jams, leaving you to resort to harsh language and angry thoughts.

Hijack dropship.

[5] You assume manual control of your droppod, you can now masterfully fly your brick to wherever you want to go.

Gather bug parts. Craft an Insect Glaive.

[4] You crawl through random bug and human viscera and start collecting several pieces.

Shoot the bug that is harming me with my M16, then try and crawl towards a medic.

[6] You gain control of your weapon and fire point blank into the bug. You rounds find their way into its vulnerable nerve stem and it dies in convulsive throes... your groin is severed as it thrashes about, but you break free from the impalement.

Death rolls:

[1] Several angry bugs storm their way to face Suhrat "Fuze", and proceed to tear him limb from limb.

[2] Yoink's bug impales him with a second claw through the stomach. He is now double the impaled. Also, post with your sheet.

Leodany is already dead.

[3] A bunch of bugs attempt to rush Private Dick Kickem, but he hides behind a bunch of angry female soldiers. They tear into the women.

[4] Faust keeps the bug he tackled in a pin while the other bugs surge around him. Well at least he manages to avoid the mandibles and claws of the bug under him.

[5] Jager II is spared as the nearby bugs focus on someone-elseTM

[3] Pole Ostrich's droppod is grazed by bug plasma, prematurely depriving it of its atmospheric heat shields. Pole begins to cook in his own pod. It is now getting HOT! (1/3)

[6] Jane Doe blissfully swims in bug viscera without a care in the world.

[3] Frank Goldstine is now bleeding profusely from where his groin used to be. He gains bleeding (1/5)

Platoon Actions:

[6] The sergeant has a good time rallying the remaining non-females and able-bodied soldiers. They push on. The bugs are slaughtered by the platoon's firing line... Soon the main body of troops has advanced forward such that the player characters are left behind and isolated.

Theater conditions:
[2] Meanwhile, other units all over Klendethu are having a hard time. They are mostly getting slaughtered.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2018, 06:45:20 am »

Use my special fighting technique, "Testicular Atomization", to kill the bugs.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2018, 06:59:42 am »

>Leave the dropship and regroup with my platoon.
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:23 am »

Tear off a piece of my uniform and bandage my groin, then try to get to a medic of some kind.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2018, 07:50:15 am »

wait in drop ship.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:39 am »

Steer ship towards the thing that shot me and mount it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »

Use gathered monster parts to craft a CHARGEBLADE.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2018, 02:44:01 am »

Finesse a quick unjamming of the gun and shoot quick bursts of accuracy into all of the bugs.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2018, 03:37:30 am »

Use my special fighting technique, "Testicular Atomization", to kill the bugs.

[5] You remove your pants to show off the goods. It is truly horrifying. The scrotum... it is too small.

>Leave the dropship and regroup with my platoon.

[5] You hike up into the badlands and into the crater. You catch up with the platoon sergeant.

Tear off a piece of my uniform and bandage my groin, then try to get to a medic of some kind.

[2] You struggle to tear off you own body armor combat carrier to find some piece of fabric. You tear a piece off, an introduce bug viscera and juices into your wound...
It is now infected!

wait in drop ship.

You are strapped into a single-occupant drop pod and launched towards the planet.

[3] Your drop pod is grazed by bug plasma, sending it into a tumble.

[5] You land relatively safely smack in the middle of the bug crater with your favourite platoon sergeant. But you are upside down.

Steer ship towards the thing that shot me and mount it.

[4] You drop towards a battery of plasma bugs in a blazing fireball. Your pod starts to burn up... You turn into a lump of molten metal by the time you land. But you strike a plasma bug dead centre in the body. Your burning coffin penetrates the plasma bug. You are one with the plasma bug. You are also post-posthumously awarded 1 kill

Use gathered monster parts to craft a CHARGEBLADE.

[4] You grab the pointy parts of a severed bug claw and start swinging it around.

[5] You hit an arachnid warrior, you scratch its thick carapace and receive its full attention.

Finesse a quick unjamming of the gun and shoot quick bursts of accuracy into all of the bugs.

[2] You try clearing the chamber, and find a misfired round stuck in the barrel.

[2] You try disassembling the firing mechanism, but the pins are all stuck.

[5] Your tears of impotent rage earn you the sympathy of the nearby bugs, a helpful arachnid warrior relieves you of the offending weapon.

Death rolls:

[2] Huge mandibles clamp down on Dick Kickem's exposed groin. The severed part flies off in an arc! Dick Kickem is bleeding.

[3] Just as Fuze makes it to the platoon, an arachnid warrior charges him. But he ducks and merely loses his helmet as a razor sharp claw slashes above him.

[6] Frank Golstine's bleeding groin earns the attention of a helpful medic. But just as the medic reaches him, the medic is bitten in two by an arachnid warrior.

[6] Richard tumbles out of his pod into the fray, the nearby troopers slaughter the bugs around him.

Pole Ostritch is already dead...

[6] The arachnid warrior charges at Jane Doe, but it impales itself on the claw she is wielding.

[1] Marius is torn limb from limb by the bug that relieved him of his rifle and its friends.

Platoon rolls:

[2] The attack falters when the sergeant is grabbed by an arachnid warrior and hoisted aloft in its jaws.

Theatre conditions:

[6] A second wave of troops land and turn the tide for now. The wounded from the first wave are mostly ignored as the troopers advance in a frenzy of bloodlust.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:52:01 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8