Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD  (Read 16238 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 04:14:52 pm »

I'll be in on this soon enough... Especially if I can be a on Automatic Rifleman.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 06:51:31 pm »

PTW

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Not-Minimalist RTD
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 08:22:55 pm »

"Ayyy whassa bug gonna haaah guys" *muffled potato sounds*

Hurl explody bois at the computer errors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:56 pm »

Bravely charge towards cover while shouting insults at the bugs, and maybe also at the allied soldiers.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 12:07:15 am »

(You can just jump in, right?)

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)

Run past Jäger, shouting SCHNELLER! and spraying bullets in front of him.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 02:31:46 am »

Yep you can just jump in.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Advance at an isolated enemy and shoot it until it dies.

You rush forward and crest a small hill. You see a huge "plasma bug" in a valley below. It's like a giant ladybug that seems to be discharging plasma artillery from its butt. A dozen or so warrior bugs are scurrying about, providing security for it.

[5]

You sight the nearest warrior a few hundred meters away and fire several short controlled bursts at its nerve stem. It goes down shrieking. The rest of the warriors charge at you.

Command other infantry men to start suppressing fire so that the bugs don’t rush us, while I advance and perform accurate but slow bursts of fire

You crest that hill with Gent and start directing nearby infantrymen to fire at the advancing bugs.

[2]

You are overriden when a more enthusiastic NCO shouts over you and orders the nearby units to hold at the ridge.
It is a good attempt and you would have gained merit points for a command attempt if you succeeded.

[3]
You have been ordered to hold position and hold your fire. But you enthusiastically support Gent with covering fire. You empty an entire clip, grazing a few bugs over the long distance, and generally enraging them more. The enemy makes more noise and calls more warriors to converge on your position.

Said NCO angrily bellows at you to "hold fire goddammit!". You gain 1 merit point for trigger happiness.

"Ayyy whassa bug gonna haaah guys" *muffled potato sounds*

Hurl explody bois at the computer errors.

You advance with the rest of your platoon...

[1] You make a poor decision to lob a grenade at the advancing enemy several hundred meters away.

[5] You throw in a way that would make any football player proud. Your grenade soars 50 meters or so and explodes safely away from your team mates.

The Sergeant stares at you as if you have a mental illness, then decides he has bigger problems to worry about as the group of bugs advances towards your position.

Bravely charge towards cover while shouting insults at the bugs, and maybe also at the allied soldiers.

[4] You advance with your platoon. Then you point at the giant plasma bug and loudly declare it to be as ugly as the bad hombres back home. The United Citizen Federation embraces all peoples from all walks of life. Several soldiers give you annoyed looks, and you succeed in momentarily distracting them from their front sights. A latino soldier or two mutter vague threats towards your person if they survive this godforsaken bug planet.

(You can just jump in, right?)

Spoiler: "Faust von Hiptenburg" (click to show/hide)

Run past Jäger, shouting SCHNELLER! and spraying bullets in front of him.

You too deploy with the rest of the platoon.

[5] You heroically run forward, your german war cry is so inspiring that a couple of impressionable young men leap from cover to run with you. You gain 1 merit point for being inspirational.

Platoon Actions:

The Sergeant yells at everyone to get the fuck in cover. He arms a missile launcher with a tactical oxygen nuclear warhead. He sighs in resignation at the brave men running ahead... They should survive a pewee kiloton nuke at this range anyway.

[6]

He sights the big plasma bug and fires. The plasma bug is obliterated by a miniature sun that now engulfs where it should be. The nearby warrior bugs are also incinerated by the blast.

Gent and Faust roll to survive the shockwave.

[2], [5]

Gent Ostrich goes flying in the air!

[3] He lands on a pile of rocks and fractures some ribs, while his armor absorbs most of the impact. He earns a light wound.

Faust finds a convenient defilade to duck in and the nuclear blast rolls over him harmlessly.

The nuclear blast also collapses most of the valley floor, revealing a massive sink hole below... that is crawling with... vaporized bugs.

"Form a line! Follow me!" The platoon sergeant leaps from cover and advances onwards into the cratered valley. You hear the chittering of more bug swarms from a distance both in front and below you.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:36:15 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 02:45:16 am »

"This isn't what I imagined Vietnam would be like at all."
Fire my M16 at the nearest thing that looks hostile.

Shit I missed the turn.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 07:10:52 am »

"Ahahahaha! Ftherm urep them liek back at 'ome! Have a whollop!"

Perform percussive maintainence on the trump's face using rifle butt to make it behave.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 07:40:49 am »

carefully poke my head around the edge of either a rock or the door to the dropship, having dropped behind like a cowardly dog not fit to wear the Emperor's I mean, the Mobile Infantry's uniform when I noticed the nuke. Advance somewhat cautiously as Murphy's 8th Law of Combat rings in my ears: If the attack is going well, it's an ambush. Apply rifle fire liberally to anything that looks even slightly alive and not human.

"Did anyone even wait to see if we were going to get more specific orders, or are we just employing indiscriminate justice in the general direction of the bugs?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 08:04:22 am »

((It's Tactical Oxygen Nuclear!  Radical!))

Perform percussive maintainence on the trump's face using rifle butt to make it behave.

Order this thug to stop, using the most inflammatory language possible.  Then encourage the other soldiers to gang up on her, in preemptive self defense!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:49 am »

Overtake the sergeant while disguising my screams of pain as enthusiastic patriotism.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 12:31:12 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet: (click to show/hide)
aim. Fire. Survive.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »

MAKE LIKE SECRET SERVICE AND TACKLE THIS LUNATIC
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »

(A merit point! And I survived the blast? This is going much better than I expected.)

Spoiler: "Faust" (click to show/hide)

Fall into step with the sergeant and ensure that if he dies he dies heroically

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 02:54:21 am »

((It's Tactical Oxygen Nuclear!  Radical!))

Order this thug to stop, using the most inflammatory language possible.  Then encourage the other soldiers to gang up on her, in preemptive self defense!

Jane Doe's Attack Roll: [2]

Trump's Defense: [5]

Jane Doe tries to thump Trump, but her rifle clangs harmlessly off his armor... A pin comes loose from the impact and the rifle disassembles itself into several pieces.

Trump blusters loudly in Jane's face, getting spittle all over her. He gets the attention of a few thuggish troopers and calls her a liberal who wants to take jobs away from hardworking men in the federation. "She thinks she is the one to tell men, men who are naturally stronger, how to squish bugs! Soon she will want to be a squad leader, and then a general, and before you know it she'll be taking all the best jobs!"

The troopers nod, entranced by Trumps words. They glare disapprovingly at Jane Doe.

MAKE LIKE SECRET SERVICE AND TACKLE THIS LUNATIC

[6] Then Yoink Jumps on Jane Doe, landing on her back with such force that her spine is broken. Jane is paralyzed. Yoink is wanted for aggravated assault consummated by battery.

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

"This isn't what I imagined Vietnam would be like at all."
Fire my M16 at the nearest thing that looks hostile.

Shit I missed the turn.

You round a corner and come nose to mandible with a warrior bug.
[5] You fire your 5.56 millimeter full metal jacket into its nerve stem. The rounds penetrate through the gaps of its carapace and sever the central nervous system of the bug. It dies.

carefully poke my head around the edge of either a rock or the door to the dropship, having dropped behind like a cowardly dog not fit to wear the Emperor's I mean, the Mobile Infantry's uniform when I noticed the nuke. Advance somewhat cautiously as Murphy's 8th Law of Combat rings in my ears: If the attack is going well, it's an ambush. Apply rifle fire liberally to anything that looks even slightly alive and not human.

"Did anyone even wait to see if we were going to get more specific orders, or are we just employing indiscriminate justice in the general direction of the bugs?"

You join up with the rest of the platoon and form a line.

Overtake the sergeant while disguising my screams of pain as enthusiastic patriotism.

You run forward again heroically, taking point!

Spoiler: Character Sheet: (click to show/hide)
aim. Fire. Survive.

(A merit point! And I survived the blast? This is going much better than I expected.)

Spoiler: "Faust" (click to show/hide)

Fall into step with the sergeant and ensure that if he dies he dies heroically

The squad encounters a warrior bug who runs mandible first into the pointman, Gent.

[5] Gent evades the jaws of the warrior while screaming with gusto and pain.

Jason Fires [5]

Michael Fires [1]

Faust Fires [1]

Jason Shreds the bug in the nerve stem, earning a kill.

Michael and Faust fire fully automatic into Gent. The rounds penetrate his armor and turn him into chunky salsa. (It's an accident, no court martial)

Gent earns a death from friendly fire. His next of kin can volunteer for the mobile infantry and be awarded full honors for Gents sacrifice. They will be deployed via drop pod in a turn or so.

Platoon Actions:

Another dozen warrior bugs stream out of the crater to meet the advancing platoon.

The sergeant heroically orders everyone to fire and advance!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8