Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD  (Read 16029 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Starship Troopers, Minimalist RTD
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 04:55:35 am »

Spoiler: Dick Kickem (click to show/hide)

((This went a bit wrong.))

Turn arachnids into nuclear explosions by kicking them.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2018, 05:44:29 am »

Throw both of my grenades at the bug that killed the medic, then go and get whatever medical supplies he had and use them.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2018, 06:02:22 am »

>Spray and pray at the bugs.

Spoiler: Fuze (click to show/hide)
it's over

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2018, 10:26:18 am »

The sergeant is dead!  This is Trump's chance; he'll use his natural leadership talents to take the place of the late leader, and command the platoon forward!  Naturally, Trump will lead from the rear; the last leader just proved that leading from the front is a bad idea.

...If the sergeant didn't actually die yet, put a few bullets into him and maybe the bug hoisting him up, too.  It's a mercykill, he had no chance.  Then, if it's safe, loot whatever equipment indicates his rank, and wear it.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2018, 11:35:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dive behind cover and survey situation.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2018, 11:59:22 am »

Set of the drop ship’s self destruct and run towards the other humans!
“This could not possibly go wrong!”

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2018, 12:24:46 pm »

PTW, I might join later. Are you taking additional characters still?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2018, 12:43:35 pm »

Yeah just jump in.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2018, 02:24:29 pm »

Take the sharp bits off of the impaled warrio-whatsit bug, upgrade armor.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2018, 02:59:36 pm »

AFAIK the game is always accepting characters, and you can just respawn by posting a new sheet with your previous, now-dead characters in the "Related Deaths" section.
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »

LAST TURN I WAS IN MENTIONED ME IN THREE DIFFERENT PLACES, NOT 100% SURE WHAT GOING ON

YOU MENTIONED HEAD BOUNCING ALONG, BUT THEN I GOT STABBED MORE IN DEATH ROLL AT END OF TURN?
BIT HARD TO POST CURRENT SHEET WHEN NOT SURE IF HEAD STILL ATTACHED

IF FAUST TACKLE BUG OFF ME AFTER IT STAB ME SECOND TIME, LIE STILL AND ATTEMPT TO STAUNCH BLEEDING BEFORE CRAWLING TO MEDIC

IF I ACTUALLY JUST A HEAD ROLLING DOWN HILL, TRY AND SCREAM CURSES AT BUGS AS I GO
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »

Spoiler: Dick Kickem (click to show/hide)

((This went a bit wrong.))

Turn arachnids into nuclear explosions by kicking them.

[4] You kick a bug. It works as well as expected. The Arachnid warrior doesn't budge much.

Throw both of my grenades at the bug that killed the medic, then go and get whatever medical supplies he had and use them.

[4] You throw a grenade at the medic. It kills him and cracks open the carapace of the bug trying to attack him. Then you rummage through the wreckage for supplies...
[5] And find a fully stocked first aid kit. You stop your bleeding and disinfect your wound.

>Spray and pray at the bugs.

[3] You pray as you spray. But your rounds clatter mostly harmlessly against thick carapaces. The few that penetrate only do superficial damage.

The sergeant is dead!  This is Trump's chance; he'll use his natural leadership talents to take the place of the late leader, and command the platoon forward!  Naturally, Trump will lead from the rear; the last leader just proved that leading from the front is a bad idea.

...If the sergeant didn't actually die yet, put a few bullets into him and maybe the bug hoisting him up, too.  It's a mercykill, he had no chance.  Then, if it's safe, loot whatever equipment indicates his rank, and wear it.

[1] You run up to your platoon sergeant and shoot at him. Everyone notices you. But you get the sergeant dead in the chest with your Morita. It gives him a hard jolt but the armor holds.

While held aloft by a bug, the sergeant points at you and screams at the troops to "arrest this man"... the loyal troopers dogpile you.

Dive behind cover and survey situation.

You drop down and land behind a nice sturdy rock. There are bugs everywhere. The bugs are eating troopers. Several troopers are missing limbs. There is a minor riot between misogynists and feminists. More troopers are landing in the chaos and mostly being eaten.

Set of the drop ship’s self destruct and run towards the other humans!
“This could not possibly go wrong!”

The drop pods don't have self-destructs, they are just pods with ablative coatings for atmospheric insertion. The dropships are little boxes that can carry a whole platoon. They have no fancy features, but you can sabotage one and make the whole platoon angry with you.

Take the sharp bits off of the impaled warrio-whatsit bug, upgrade armor.

[1] You attempt to wear the bug. But the wounded bug swallows you whole.

LAST TURN I WAS IN MENTIONED ME IN THREE DIFFERENT PLACES, NOT 100% SURE WHAT GOING ON

YOU MENTIONED HEAD BOUNCING ALONG, BUT THEN I GOT STABBED MORE IN DEATH ROLL AT END OF TURN?
BIT HARD TO POST CURRENT SHEET WHEN NOT SURE IF HEAD STILL ATTACHED

IF FAUST TACKLE BUG OFF ME AFTER IT STAB ME SECOND TIME, LIE STILL AND ATTEMPT TO STAUNCH BLEEDING BEFORE CRAWLING TO MEDIC

IF I ACTUALLY JUST A HEAD ROLLING DOWN HILL, TRY AND SCREAM CURSES AT BUGS AS I GO

[2] You turn into a bleeding head with extra stabs wounds. You bounce around the battlefield but you can't seem to die. You inflict harsh language upon men and bugs alike. Everyone's morale takes a hit.

Death rolls:

[2] The bug that the Duke kickem kicked impales Duke through the hole where his groin used to be. The claw goes through his body and internal organs and comes out the other side. Then the warrior bug carries Duke Kickem off to its nest to have his brains sucked out before they expire.

[1] The Medic that Goldstine fragged comes back to life. He seems to be saturated with opiates and stimulants. He snatches his medic bag back from Goldstine and grumpily patches himself up.

[5] Fuze is spared as his rounds somehow keep the bugs from advancing further.

[2] All of Trump's ribs fracture as a bunch of fat troopers sit on him. His hands are restrained behind his back and he is handcuffed.

[3] Oat huddles behind his rock as more troopers start dying around him. He also starts urinating where he stands.

Leodany is relatively safe by the ships. Although the ships are not safe from him.

[2] Jane's tender flesh comes apart nicely as the bug chews, swallows and devours them.

[5] Yoink's head doesn't die. It continues bouncing, gaining altitude and kinetic energy as it goes and its screams reach further and further.

Platoon situation:
[3] The sergeant's limbs get torn off. He screams. But he wiggles up to trump to slap and scream at him.
[5] Then the rest of the survivors form a perfect firing line and drive the bugs back.

Theater situation:
[2] The second wave is devoured, just like the first. Troopers are being eaten as soon as they land. Dropships are being shot out of the sky. Some warrior bugs are boarding the dropships and shredding infantrymen within the metal box.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2018, 04:48:09 pm »

>Constantly fire into the heads of insects with my LMG. Kill 'em all!

it's over

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2018, 11:34:15 pm »

Call for the heroic misogynists to come free Trump from the matriarchy's oppression!  Belittle and ridicule the whipped feminists for giving up their manhood and arresting the man who's trying to free them!  Denounce the traitor sergeant (who's probably secretly a woman) and assume command of the platoon!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8